“It met my expectations: Despite an event going on with Monster Trucks: everything was smooth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown / Bricktown

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was impressed; given the area/location; I though I would have problems with getting and out and finding parking...no issues. We walked over to Pro Bass and KD's. All was great. Running in the morning along the 2 Mile+ Canal was good also. The Staff was very professional and they even have night security. I would stay again. My pricing was good due to my job and AAA. The Land Run Movement is behind the hotel and many attractions are less than a 15 Minute drive.

Room Tip: get a room facing the canal.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sand Springs, Ok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Let me preface with, "if the cost is high, so are my expectations." We checked into our room about 9:30 PM on Valentine's Day. As we walked into our room, we were greeted immediately with a strong foul smelling odor. It smelled as if someone just got done destroying the bathroom. Personally embarrassed about our Valentine's hotel room, I called down to let them know of the smell and ask if there were any other rooms. They said there were not (understandable, yet questionable), but offered to send maintenance up to spray febreeze or run a fogger if we were headed out. Given the time of evening we declined and tried to stay more in the bedroom (which didn't stink). Later in the evening, I couldn't take it anymore, and had to investigate. I found a full trash can in the kitchen area with rotting food. We were given the handicap room for some reason (booked a month prior), so I'm not sure how often that room is used, but it smelled horrible. I set the trash in the hall, and the smell was gone by the morning. Other complaints: Pay parking (when free parking is just as close: maybe it could be an option), my in room phone quite working, and the hot tub was poorly designed. It set very low, which made it difficult to relax in. And... the couch had a little stench as well. Positives: Breakfast was good, Staff was excellent, In Theater movie options is great, but the quality is horrible. I wouldn't normally complain so much, but at $209 a night, I expect much, much more. Heavily disappointed in our choice for a romantic evening out for Valentine's Day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OKCHotelManager, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown / Bricktown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor and sharing your experience with the Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

I have sent you a personal email so that we can discuss your stay further. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Atoka, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I booked this hotel for a surprise 50th birthday night for my sister. I drove in from TN and my sister and others drove about 3 hours to get to this hotel.

The room at this hotel was not what I expected. The chair in the living room was ripped all over as was the stool. Neither phone worked. When we used cell phone to request maintenance, they said they would fix. 30 minutes later, we went to front desk and they acted surprised to see us, but it was obvious they never called maintenance. We asked for shower mat to be delivered and we got the same as when we asked for phone repair. They didn't treat us as special guests. I had requested some special check in stuff since it was a surprise for a guests 50th birthday. The front desk not only messed that up, but ruined the surprise for the birthday. We called the front desk and asked for a cab to be there at 6:30. They called us at 6:15 and said the cab had arrived. It was not what I would expect from a category 5 hotel! I was embarrassed that I brought my guests to stay at this hotel thinking it would be fabulous, but they were amazed that anyone would stay there.

The continental breakfast was generous and plentiful. Perhaps the only good thing about this hotel.

I will not stay at this location again. I love marriott, but this hotel has gone downhill quickly. There is another marriott close to bricktown and I would strongly advise staying in that one!

Room Tip: If you are brave enough, request view of the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
OKCHotelManager, Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown / Bricktown, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback about your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Bricktown. We pride ourselves on offering the best hospitality experience that Oklahoma has to offer however we clearly did not do so on your special occasion. We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time your return to OKC.
Tierra Verde, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for ten days for three years running,. The staff is great (especially Dottie, who may be the hardest working person in OKC), The location is ideal for walking around Bricktown or going to Thunder games. Great amenities, too. Super nice coin-op laundry room, fitness room, indoor spa, meeting room, and family room style lobby area with sitting areas and an inviting fireplace. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding, but they've cut back on providing daily afternoon meals. They do have a small "store" area behind the registration desk, but the selection of food items is not all that healthy. As negatives, the printer in the business center needed a new cartridge for the entire ten days that I was there . . . and the manager kept saying it was on order. That seemed odd, and frustrating, although the front desk would, upon request, allow me into their inner sanctum to print copies from a flash drive. Also, I requested an upgraded room, as a Marriott Rewards member and it was not ready when I arrived, so I requested the same room that I always had, 427 I believe. Great (quiet) room, away from the noise of the elevator area, facing the sporting goods store, which was fine by me. I enjoyed spectacular sunrises and not much exterior noise. Other areas of the hotel, like rooms overlooking the pool, allow other guests to see into your room, so be aware of this,. My biggest disappointment was the furniture. It was really showing its age .The chair was scratched up, the couch was shabby, the kitchen faucet leaked, and each time I flushed the toilet, it sounded like a doorbell ringing. Yeah. Weird. Internet service is iffy and if you have a problem, they give you a phone number (outside company) to call. My absolute biggest frustration was the taxi service. I asked at the front desk for a cab to take me to the airport, The manager overheard my specific request not to have Thunder Cab. He said he would handle it. I checked at the desk several times and was told that it was handled. On the day of my departure, the cab was 45 minutes late and it was Thunder Cab. The driver started to drive away with the back hatch open and he was texting while driving!!!! So, would I stay here again. That is the question . . .

Room Tip: If you prefer quiet, ask for an upper level room, away from parking and walking areas, on the side f...
Green Features: No recycle containers. Notice provided about towel and linen usage.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Only stayed 2 nights while in town on business but everything was spot on and had no complaints at all. Staff were helpful and greeted well and helped me with local directions. Good room with kitchen although didn't use it. Good bed and nice bathroom with great water pressure in shower. Breakfast was good too and location for me was ideal. Great hotel all round.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Purdys, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have stayed at this Residence Inn on two different driving trips across the country and it is my favorite Marriott Property. The rooms that we had both times were a 1 bedroom suite and it is so comfortable having a separate living and sleeping space. The breakfast is pretty standard for Marriott's and enough to start the day. We found this time that there is a walkway along a canal in back of the hotel....a good way to take a walk in an unfamiliar place without getting lost. There are restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance and it is close to downtown. Sorry to say we only stayed 1 night each time but both times we were really impressed. I really like Oklahoma City, it's easy to drive around downtown and easy to get back on the highway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked this last minute for one Monday night.

The hotel is a suite hotel but also includes breakfast. We did not use the kitchen facilities in the room but they looked of a high standard. Breakfast was good with a wide selection for a continental breakfast. It was more than adequate for me after my morning work out in the gym (cardio only so no weights in the gym).

Room was clean, large and modern. Bathroom was equally well kept and equipped with good shower in the bath. As well as a kitchen area there was a well appointed sitting area and modern working desk.

The room had a good view of part of the river running out of Bricktown and we had a great night's sleep there in a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown / Bricktown? Share your experiences!