“Colcord Hotel/Devon Event - OUTSTANDING!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Colcord Hotel/Devon Event - OUTSTANDING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our company recently hosted an event where our guest stayed at the Colcord hotel and meetings were held at the Devon Building on the 50th floor. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff that walked me through step by step in preparing for the meeting. Lindsay Claxton was my first person of contact for the event and hotel, she quickly took any worries and concerns I had away and gave me, what I felt like was VIP treatment. Lindsay put me in contact with Caitlyn Sparks who did a phenominal job helping with the rest of the details. She even helped me with some special suggestions for our guests arrival, that impressed everyone! They answered every call and email with enthusiasm and promptness. I hope to work with both of these ladies and the rest of the staff very soon.
The facilities were second to none. Most of our guest (from all over North America) were visiting OKC for the very first time, and each of them left very impressed - Many thanks to the beautiful Colcord Hotel and Devon building.
We had lunch and breakfast catered and could not be happier with the food and service. Thanks again to this amazing team or event will be well remembered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our property and the Devon Energy Center. We are pleased you had a pleasant experience and truly appreciate your endorsement of our facility and staff.

It is our sincerest hope you will consider hosting any future events at our facility.

tsullivan@colcordhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Duncan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Colcord is an upscale boutique hotel, but it is also cozy, comfortable and friendly. The staff is attentive and friendly and best of all...coffee service! You do not have to make your own coffee with the prepackaged coffee. Tell the front desk when you would like to have freshly-made coffee delivered to your room, and voila!! The Colcord is the best hotel in OKC, and it is our home away from home!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review and recent stay at the Colcord. I appreciate your endorsement of our hotel and are honored you consider us the best in Oklahoma City.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again should the need arise.

Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at the hotel on January 12. Overall, the hotel was quite pretty. You can tell its a historical building. The room was nice and spacious, and pretty clean. There was a couple of empty chip bags that were left under the chaise lounge, but I wasn't too put off by that (some people might have been). I was happy to see that the bathroom and shower were very clean, but disapointed not to have a bathtub in our room. The shower doesn't even have a door! It is partially open, so you may be cold until you steam up the whole room. Also, the showerheads could be better. I was bummed not to have a free breakfast included in the price of our stay, but the complimentary hot tea in the morning was a delight. I enjoyed it very much. As for the customer serive- it was pretty great! While inquiring about dinner options downtown, we were even offered a free dropoff and pickup anywhere in Bricktown (we decided to walk, but it was a nice gesture).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to provide a review. I do apologize for the few issues you mentioned and appreciate you letting us know.

We truly hope you will stay with us again should you visit Oklahoma City. Thank you for your endorsement of our hotel.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here and ate at Vast at the top of the Devon Tower for our anniversary. The Colcord and Vast are linked, so you don't have to walk outside of the hotel to get to the Vast elevator. Our room was large, clean, and quiet. It also had a nice view of the Christmas lights and ice skating rink.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to submit a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your room and the view. It is nice to hear from our guests and we are very thankful for your patronage.

Happy Anniversary to you!

Frisco, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Colcord this last week and we really enjoyed our time there. We booked it through GWAtravel.com and got a great deal on our room. The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. The location was perfect for anyone wanting to enjoy the city. There were a couple things that caught us off guard, but no big deals in the end.. We pulled up to check in and we handed the keys to the valet, expecting it to be part of the room cost/checking in process, but we were surprised with a bill for $20 a while later. Also, when we were walking down our hallway they had a internet cord running out of one room along the floor covered by some cheap tape and going into another room, kinda tacky for such a nice hotel, but really not a big deal. Also, our room did not have a bath tub. This was almost a deal breaker for my wife. I was just a little surprised. I have never stayed in such a nice hotel that did not have a bath tub in the room. Everything else was great!

Room Tip: make sure you know if the room has a tub or not, if that is important.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to our property. We appreciate you taking time to write a review and for your endorsement of the Colcord Hotel. The Internet cord issue you mentioned has been noted – thank you for letting us know.

We hope to see you again should you return to Oklahoma City.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I went to OKC for New Years Eve. We had a great time visiting the hotel bar, eating out and welcoming 2013. The room, valet services and staff were amazing. When we got ready to check out I realized I must have lost a glove the night before. I realized the last place we were was in the bar the night before, so I asked at the desk where I might check to see if it was turned in. Shaneia, Cleo and Patrice were very helpful and found my glove behind the desk. I was elated and so grateful that these Ladies were so willing to help even though it was a busy morning. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the endorsement of our hotel after your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from our guests and we truly appreciate for your patronage.

Happy New Year to you! We hope to see you again in the future.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Colcord Hotel provided my daughter and I with an excellent weekend in OKC. After a day of shopping, the room with its upscale furnishings was the perfect spot to relax and unwind. The staff, from the receptionist at check-in to the valet parking attendants were friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated the complimentary WIFI. My 13 year old daughter was especially fond of the complimentary hot tea that was delivered to our room. For anyone traveling to OKC, I would highly recommend you stay at The Colcord.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for your stay at our property as well as for your review. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and I am so pleased you and your daughter enjoyed your stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

tsullivan@colcordhotel.com

Been to Colcord Hotel? Share your experiences!