“Excellent service and quality” 4 of 5 stars

You added Governors Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Governors Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2308 S. Meridian Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73108   |
Ranked #81 of 137 hotels in Oklahoma City
“Excellent service and quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

The room is very clean, we stayed for a week. Housekeeping, came on a daily basis and changed the sheets and cleaned. Very friendly staff. The only negative we found was they quit serving breakfast at 9:00. I do realize that everyone is on different time frame. Yet, I felt they could serve just a little bit later. The lobby is very nice, with real plants.

For the price and quality, this hotel can not be beat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks fro the very nice review

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I have stayed here a few times. Tonight was the worst experience ever at this hotel. Ask for a pen to write a message down and the pen didnt work. I was told, if I use it hard enough it will work. Tried several times on a piece of paper and it clearly didnt work. I ask for another pen and the clerk slammed another pen down. I needed another piece of paper and the clerk said, "What, you cant use the same piece of paper?" Very unprofessional. Really, I couldnt believe I was being treated this way. Ask for her name and she told me I didnt need to know that. Then, I ask for her managers
name, I was told it wasnt for me to know. I guess she was having a bad night at 1:30 in the morning on 1/15/2011. For some reason she stated she didnt have to let me in after 10:30 at night. Dont know why that statement was made. I use to recommend this hotel to my friends, but now I think I wont be doing that at all. Looking else where. Other nights were just ok and no problems.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
You have every right to be upset with the treatment you received on you stay in January 2011. That is definately not the way that we train our desk clerks to treat our guests. Service is very important to all of not only the management staff, but also for the deesk clerks & housekeepers, Since your stay we have almost a complete turn over in staff and provoded them with more training. We have also installed a visual security system, which is monitered routinely to check for any of thebehavior you are told us about and then making sure that it is delt with whether with further training or terminating employment. we would greatly appreciate another chance to show you the changes we have made in many areas of our property, Please consider giving us another chance.
Dothan, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I have been traveling for 30 plus years professionally and I can say this is the worst hotel ever. Free breakfast makes Mc Donalds look like fine dining. The desk service is aweful. Manager...what manger? Never saw him in the entire week stay. Room was dirty and a/c was broke entire stay. The Clarion is a much better hotel and value in OKC!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
govsuites, Front Office Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
In response to several comments here and on our comment cards numerous changes have been made to this establishment since 2009. Breakfast has been updated to include: eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, bagels, cereal, toast, a special daily item as well as several drinks and condiments. Housekeeping now has a new accountability system and the rooms are thus staying much cleaner. All of the AC units have been inspected, repaired and or replaced. There is a completely new staff at the front desk including myself who also have a new accountability system and are more throughly trained in customer service. Finally, we have a new computerized system to keep track of comments that is viewed daily to improve our hotel in any way possible. We appreciate your reviews and strive to make a better stay for all those who choose Governors Suites Hotel OKC.
Hamilton, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

I was told that the Governor's Suites Hotel used to be an Embassy Suites (which is now located across the street a few hundred yards away). I can understand why the abandoned this property.
The rooms are dark and stale. They only have one window, which is a double French door type, but they do not open so there is no way to get fresh air into the room. The rooms are spacious and include a microwave and refrigerator, but not utensils or flatware. Maid service was fine.
The atrium is lit by many skylights and is pleasant, probably the hotels best asset. There is a minimal workout room that also doubles as a laundry room, an outdoor pool, and a sauna and jacuzzi.
A complete breakfast is included in the stay, but I have had better continental breakfasts elsewhere. It includes buffet style scrambled eggs, microwaved bacon and sausage patties, a waffle maker, etc.
The staff was fine but not very friendly, which added to the general depressing feeling of the hotel.
I stayed here on a government rate of $73 a night, which included a rental car, but there are several other hotels that have similar deals, and they have to be better than this.
The only other nice thing I can say about the hotel is that is had a good location. It is the closest hotel to Will Rogers airport and a short drive to both I-40 and I-44, and had several quality options for dining within walking distance incluing Zio's and Charleston's, but there are also several other hotels close by also.

• Liked — Free wireless internet
  • Disliked — Depressing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
First this location was never an Embassy Suite. Many of our amenities were mentioned and we ask you check them out and decided for your self...Thanks

Been to Governors Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!