“Fancy building with crappy food! Over priced” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 1,412 restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: We have moved to a new and improved location on Meridian. No longer located on Reno, just 2 minutes down the road on Meridian.
“Fancy building with crappy food! Over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My 18$ ribs were microwaved, i was so disappointed. I've seriously had better ribs at apple bees. There are so many other good options around i wouldn't stop here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bill_GM_OKC, General Manager at Shorty Small's Restaurant, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I'm sorry your ribs weren't fallin'off-the-bone tender and delicious. If you would e-mail me at bill@shortysmalls.com, I'd love to make it up to you. Thanks for giving me a chance to fix this for you!

71% Recommend
Toronto On Canada
“Dried tired food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We waited forever to be served after we first sat down. Our server was so uninterested.
We ordered the ribs since it is their specialty, not!! The ribs were dry, little sauce and had so much burnt charcoal on them.
Not impressive. I can understand why there was hardly anyone in there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
I'm sorry your experience was disappointing. Please e-mail me at bill@shortysmalls.com, so I can make this right. Thanks for giving me a chance to fix this for you!
“Good eatin place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, waitress was friendly and got all our orders right, didn't take long to get our food. The manager came over and asked if we were staying at one of the local hotels and since we were we got a 15% discount.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
So glad you enjoyed your experience at Shorty SMall's - thanks for the kind words and support!
Des Moines, Iowa
“Keep driving!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

First all the service was good. Really was hoping to make up some ground with great food. Maybe just and off night but have a feeling this is par for the course.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
I'm sorry your experience wasn't satisfactory. If you would e-mail me at bill@shortysmalls.com, I'd love to make it up to you next time you're driving through Oklahoma City!
ivelostmyself
“Not good food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I was in the mood for some good BBQ. My teenage daughter had been here and told me it wasn't good, but I wanted to try it. We were quickly seated and our waiter was very friendly and prompt. I was under the impression it was a BBQ place, but there wasn't hardly any BBQ on the menu, and none on the children's menu. I was disappointed there was no sausage, but ordered the brisket and rib plate for $17. It went further downhill when the food came out. My ribs were so dry and burned (not just blackened on the outside from smoking or grilling, but burned) I couldn't eat them. It was a cross between charcoal and boot leather. The brisket had no flavor, and was more fat than meat. I actually like fat, but I like the meat too and there wasn't any here. There was a large order of fries on my plate (no potato salad served) along with a hard biscuit and a bowl of cabbage with no dressing for cole slaw. All-in-all, we had 2 adult plates and 3 kid meals and spent almost $70 for bad food. However, my 5 year old liked his mac'n cheese and the dinner salad my daighter had was great. We had good service so I left a good tip, but I will not darken their doorstep again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
I'm sorry your ribs and brisket weren't delicious. Glad to hear you enjoyed the salad and your server. Our goal always is to serve great food with friendly service, and we strive constantly for excellence. If you would e-mail me at bill@shortysmalls.com, I'd love to make this up to you. Thanks for giving me a chance to fix this for you!