“Hotel looks old but rooms are nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #82 of 143 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Mobile, AL
“Hotel looks old but rooms are nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2004

Like another reviewer, I got a room through Priceline but my experience was very positive. This is a nice hotel with spacious, comfortable rooms. It has apparently been renovated within the past few years because everything seemed clean and modern. I recommend it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2004

I reserved this hotel for one night 4/04. Room was adequate and facility is fine with a good NW location. I needed to stay another night, and was told hotel was fully booked. I checked out, and began on a quest to find another hotel, when the front desk manager called me on my cell (within 1/2 hour), to tell me that she had found a room for me and I could return. In fact, I was sent to the same room at the same ($69) rate. I was grateful not to have to call or drive around in search of hotel accomodations. Very good service in a moderate facility.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2004

You are reserving a room. You are merely requesting that it be a no smoking room. I found this hotel in a AAA tour book and requested a non-smoking room for a week. I guaranteed the reservation with a credit card. Upon arrival I was informed that the only room available was a smoking room. I was left on my own to find other accomodations. My next mastercard statement carried a charge for a night at this hotel. Upon complaining I was told that no-smoking is a request not a guarantee. I did get the charge reversed but it left such a bad taste that I took the issue up with AAA. Their response was the same as the hotel's.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2004

I made the mistake of booking this hotel through Priceline on Valentine's Day. I got a great deal -- paid $50 for that night and $50 for the next -- but I got less than what I paid for. We got to the hotel at about 3:30 p.m., and I thought since we were there so early, we would get a great room. The hotel clerk told us the only room available was a king handicap room. In most hotels, this usually means "bigger" so I didn't argue. He told us we would be staying in the "cabana" rooms, which I later learned could be called "dirty outdoor poolside" rooms. It was not fun to have to drag all of our luggage outside in the middle of winter. The king handicap had a bathroom that was absolutely disgusting; the shower was completely open with no curtain or anything -- it looked like a community pool's locker room.
We went back to the front desk and asked for another room. The clerk told us the only rooms left had two double beds. I asked how that could be since it was 3:30 in the afternoon and I had booked the room at least two months earlier, and he told us they had pre-assigned the rooms that morning and they were completely booked for Valentine's Day. Even though he didn't say it in these terms, the mesage was, "Since you booked through Priceline, we're giving you our worst room."
We ended up getting stuck in a "cabana" room with two double beds on Valentine's Day. Had I known this would happen, I would never have used Priceline or this hotel.
They moved us to another room inside with a king bed the next night, and it was a bit nicer -- but not four star quality. Definitely worth $50, but I wouldn't pay much more. I will probably never stay at this Hilton again -- the Marriot down the street is much better.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2004

Stayed there before going to a Dr. Appt. The bed was very comfortable with fluffy pillows. I don't like sleeping on a rock hard bed and so I rate the bed as excellent! It was very quiet too. I am a light sleeper and wake up if I hear the neighbors flush the toilet or someone in the next room uses the shower. I would stay there again.

Charleston, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2003

We stayed at the Hilton over Valentines day weekend, we were very excited to get away for a few days. We found a great deal on the internet. When we checked in the staff was friendly, but there was a long line at the elevator. They only had one working elevator and it took forever to be able to get upstairs. If you wanted to take the stairs you had to go outside to get access and then the door was locked, so you were forced to wait for the elevator. It took an average of 10 minutes to get the elevator b/c they were normally so full you had to let them pass you a few times. The room was pretty standard, not great but clean. We were very excited about the hot tub, but it was broken. That was the main reason we had booked the hotel. There was no explaination just that the jets were not working. It was still warm water but it was not the same. There was a wedding on the first floor the second night we were there and it was so busy you could hardly get through the lobby. It was also very loud. The hotel is close by many restaurants and shopping but it was not the romantic getaway we were expecting. If you find a good price and are just looking for a place to sleep it is good place to stay. It might be better during the summer when you are able to use the pool, there are many rooms that actually face it that looked ok.

Been to Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!