“Nearly stayed somewhere else... but glad I called back, the 3rd time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #85 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Skiatook, Oklahoma, United States
“Nearly stayed somewhere else... but glad I called back, the 3rd time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The husband & I took a short roadtrip to Oklahoma City, as we do a few times a year. We love to try different places and various areas of the city. We were not disappointed with the Crowne Plaza! If fact, we could not think of a single thing to complain about... except for one desk clerk that nearly caused us to choose another hotel. She gave me a completely different rate for a poolside room than the 1st clerk I talked to (and the rate I'd found on their link through another website) as well as telling me that their shuttle would not accomodate us to the racetrack, which she claimed was at least 15 miles away. In fact, it's barely 7 miles! The 1st clerk & the Remington Park link to their website said they offered a complimentary shuttle, with enough advance notice. I mentioned to her that she was giving me conflicting information than I'd gotten earlier that day & that I felt like I had reached a completely different hotel. She was adamant, so Instead of making the reservation, I hung up & went on to check a couple other places. Still bothered by the conversation, I decided to call back to find out which clerk was giving me accurate information. I'm glad I did! The 3rd clerk gave me the same rates & shuttle information as the 1st clerk (and link to their website). So... do your research before you book a room, in case the desk clerk isn't familiar with the various rates & offers out there.

Never-the-less, I would recommend this hotel based on the following: All the "other" staff were overly friendly, knowledgeable & helpful. Although the hotel does show a few signs of age, the public areas were nice. The poolside room was very roomy & clean and the bed(s) were plush & oh-so-comfy! We didn't have time to use the pool & hot tub, but they were nice & very well maintained. The breakfast buffet was really good... I highly recommend upgrading your room rate by $10 (if still available) to include breakfast. The location, near Penn Square Mall, is convenient to lots of attractions around the city.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the poolside room, but it might not be for everyone... we don't mind hearing children...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear LeAnnGabriel,

Thank you for calling back - I am so sorry that we almost lost you because we were giving you incorrect information. We do have some new staff members and this one person was not aware of our agreement with Remington Park to provide transportation there. We have already addressed this with some retraining.

We are grateful for your persistence and for your wonderful review of all the other parts of your stay: the friendly staff, cleanliness, great beds, etc. We have passed along your kind comments to our team members here and we hope to see you again in the very near future!

405-602-6114

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The room had floor to ceiling windows providing a great view of big sky. The lower view was of a parking lot and Hooters. The room was clean, quiet, and measured 13'-6" x 15' (202 sqft). The hotel has 9 floors and the higher floors have better views. The lobby was nice and the desk staff friendly. The cleaning staff were friendly. The door to the room was a residential type hollow core door. I'm more accustomed to fire rated steel or solid core doors for hotel rooms. Our room was at the end of the hall so we didn't get noise through the door. Everyone mentions the elevator feels "small". The width of the elevators is 68" and is rather normal. The elevators are less deep (only 41.5") than is typical.

The airlines send a lot of flight crews to this hotel.

The Internet was speedy enough for Netflix and is free. An annoying popup is required and it expires after just an hour or two so you have to hit it each time you come back to the room... on each device you want to use.

The pool area is very pleasant and there are rooms facing the pool.

Traveler Alert: There are some nice shade trees in the parking lot. The birds like to throw parties at dusk so if you don't want to keep your car clean, park away from the trees.

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool or as high up the tower as you can get. A room at the North end of the hall...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear EngineerDude,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your thorough review. We love getting 4-stars and will work hard to earn a fifth star from you on your next visit. On the wi-fi popup, we have recently signed an agreement with a new company and will have faster and easier wi-fi for our guests in the next month.....and it will still be free to hotel guests! We are also consulting with local groups to help us figure out the bird issue in the trees.

Thank you for mentioning our friendly desk staff and friendly housekeeping staff. We make it a priority to encourage our team to be friendly and hospitable - and it is nice hearing that this is recognized by our guests. We hope you will return to the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City very soon.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable bed, quiet room, four large pillows for the king sized bed, clean, good location to restaurants and business. What else can I say? I will return. I also took advantage of the free shuttle to and from the airport.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear BradJack,

Thank you for your business and for your review! We are especially thrilled that you had a great night's sleep. One of the Crowne Plaza brand pillars is to provide a great night's sleep and memorable sleep amenities for our guests. We hope you will return soon!

Thank you again.

Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very friendly staff from the am to the pm. Was greet when walking through the lobby. Only complaint was the pool area. Unfortunately the shallow end of the pool was full of drunk men and women and was dirty. Rooms were nice and roomy. Room were quite and amenities were good. Didn't eat in restaurant. Prices were a little high. Convenient parking just don't park near the trees - lots of birds in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Mary A,

Thank you for your great comments about our staff and the warm greeting you received on arrival! I will pass along your comments to the team. It is our goal to genuinely connect with all of our guests each and every day. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the room and the amenities.

We do have guests who sometimes get a little loud at the pool area. We will try and watch this a little more closely so we can react faster to any issues. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We appreciate your business and thank you for taking time to write a review!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Logan was great when we checked in, friendly and personable. That's where the good ended. The hotel need updating. The halls look old and dirty. The room has some updated features but still felt dirty. In the morning, you could see down to the pool from my room and you could tell it hasn't been cleaned in a while. The shower floor has something gross stuck to it and there were so many dead bugs in the overhead light it covered half the light.

The icing on the cake was not having ANY hot water to shower in the morning. At check out time, I complained to the front desk girl, I believe her name was Tamika, and her only response was "several people had to take cold showers so you weren't the only one." Great way to empathize with my situation.

As a frequent traveler, I spend more time in hotels then I do home, this was by far the worse experience I've ever had at a hotel. Not something a Priority Club member wants to associate with.

• Stayed August 2013
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Omar G,

I am truly sorry about the hot water being out the day you checked out. We did have our hot water boiler go out one morning and it took a few hours to get this repaired. I know that having to take a cold shower is not enjoyable. The response you received from our team member when you told her about the water issue is not acceptable. We will address this quickly with the team member responsible. We will also take a look at your room for the maintenance/housekeeping issues you mentioned and address those.

I do appreciate your comments about Logan and will be sure to pass those along to her. We have recently hired a new management team for the front office and know that the team will be more consistent in our response and follow-up with guests. Again, thank you for your comments and specific feedback. It helps us to know specifics.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Got no sleep. From what I saw this Hotels majority guest are on the "trashy side ".
I can be white trash myself but not as a guest !!!! This place needs work in all areas. Staff great. All problems I'm sure come from cheap owners. Pool in horrible shape.

• Stayed August 2013
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear MARNN,

We appreciate your recent visit but are sorry that you were not pleased with your overall experience. Our staff genuinely tries to engage our guests during your stay - and our owners are committed to providing a great place as well. Regarding the pool, we do have plans to re-paint the pool and upgrade the area around the pool as soon as the pool closes this fall. We realize we need some refresh of this area and will do so just as soon as we can without closing the pool in the summer months.

I appreciate your feedback and again, thank you for staying with us. We hope you will give us another try at some point.

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed for a weekend visiting family. Rooms clean, staff very attentive. Location great. Can tell the management is working hard to meet the needs of it's guests

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear texastravellers1,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your business and your recognition of our staff. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

405-602-6114

Been to Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!