The husband & I took a short roadtrip to Oklahoma City, as we do a few times a year. We love to try different places and various areas of the city. We were not disappointed with the Crowne Plaza! If fact, we could not think of a single thing to complain about... except for one desk clerk that nearly caused us to choose another hotel. She gave me a completely different rate for a poolside room than the 1st clerk I talked to (and the rate I'd found on their link through another website) as well as telling me that their shuttle would not accomodate us to the racetrack, which she claimed was at least 15 miles away. In fact, it's barely 7 miles! The 1st clerk & the Remington Park link to their website said they offered a complimentary shuttle, with enough advance notice. I mentioned to her that she was giving me conflicting information than I'd gotten earlier that day & that I felt like I had reached a completely different hotel. She was adamant, so Instead of making the reservation, I hung up & went on to check a couple other places. Still bothered by the conversation, I decided to call back to find out which clerk was giving me accurate information. I'm glad I did! The 3rd clerk gave me the same rates & shuttle information as the 1st clerk (and link to their website). So... do your research before you book a room, in case the desk clerk isn't familiar with the various rates & offers out there.
Never-the-less, I would recommend this hotel based on the following: All the "other" staff were overly friendly, knowledgeable & helpful. Although the hotel does show a few signs of age, the public areas were nice. The poolside room was very roomy & clean and the bed(s) were plush & oh-so-comfy! We didn't have time to use the pool & hot tub, but they were nice & very well maintained. The breakfast buffet was really good... I highly recommend upgrading your room rate by $10 (if still available) to include breakfast. The location, near Penn Square Mall, is convenient to lots of attractions around the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City hotel, The Place to Meet! The Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City hotel is a full service hotel centrally located to nearby attractions such as Frontier City Amusement Park, Whitewater Bay, National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, ASA Softball Hall of Fame, and the OKC Zoo. We are moments away from downtown OKC, Bricktown Entertainment District, and the Ford Center - home of the OKC Thunder and the Big 12 Championships. We are also located near several businesses including Chesapeake Energy, IBM, Integris Baptist Hospital, MidFirst Bank, Express Employment Professionals, and Schlumberger. Our beautiful hotel underwent a $4 million renovation and features free wireless Internet, the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program and 7 Layers of Comfort. We invite you to enjoy one of our 218 newly renovated hotel rooms and 13,000 square feet of meeting space. The Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City Hotel is The Place to Meet for all of your conference, seminar, and social events! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City Hotel Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Crowne Plaza