“Doesn't live up to the Crowne Plaza standard.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #81 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Doesn't live up to the Crowne Plaza standard.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I would like to start with the positives: great complimentary breakfast with excellent and efficient waitresses. The location of the hotel is also excellent as there are lots of good restaurants (both fast food and sit down) close by. Now for the negatives: the floors in the rooms are filthy. We came with family for a wedding and the kids were in the room no longer than 15 minutes and we noticed the bottom of our kids' feet were black. Ewww! Our shower had hair in it and our rooms were not serviced. We were gone from 8:30 to 3:30 so I feel like this was a reasonable amount of time to allow for service. My sister in-law's room had electrical problems. When she plugged in her curling iron their room lost power: twice! My mother in law's room also had electrical problems as the bathroom light had to be on for the outlets in the room to work. My mother in-law's room did get serviced while she was in the room but the housekeeping staff asked if she actually wanted the bed made and then acted put out when she said yes. They did not replace her toiletries and only rinsed out her glasses instead of providing her with clean glasses. I think we could have paid a lot less for a lot more.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Krucker10,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the breakfast and level of service from our staff as well as found our restaurant and location convenient for your needs. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had with the condition of the room and housekeeping services received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Zelyn N.
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Avondale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Airline crew next to elevator shaft rm 717 continuous noise from the elevator going up & down. Not suppose to be in rooms by elevator per contract.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear travelermanPhoenix,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the elevator noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Room and location are both fine, but the shocker came at breakfast. I had asked about breakfast when we checked in and was told they served a nice full breakfast. My fault for not inquiring further. Thank goodness only one granddaughter and I came down first and not whole family. My bill for one child and myself with $3 tip was $30. No break for children. Rest of family had to leave to find a cheaper place to eat. I had a super steak at Cattlemans last night cheaper than that!!! Won't be back here. Where's Embasy Suites when you need it?

• Stayed May 2012
Lindale, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel has just gotten a nice face lift to the exterior, lobby, bar, and other common areas. It was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I was up on the 9th floor and the room was clean, the bed really comfortable, and the floor quiet of any real distracting noises. It is close to many places to eat or shop. I will stay, again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This 3 star rated hotel was the best I could choose from when I booked my travel through American Airlines Vacations for my daughter's college graduation. Room 303 upon opening of the drapes revealed nothing but the entire decaying roof system! Oh did I forget to mention the beer cap on the floor? I requested a room change & not much better. Rollaway that was brought to our room for my son was so full of stains that I had to request they remove it immediately. The best is on Friday nights they turn the breakfast area into a full fledge club! I cannot describe the scene when we returned to the hotel but all I thought of was pimps & ho ho's all over the outside & inside lobby of the hotel. NOT family friendly. I called AA vacations & got no where. BEWARE!

Room Tip: Def NOT room 303!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear walk146,

Thank you for your your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
IHGCare
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! Very easy to find, close to the mall and lots of restaurant options near by. One of my favorite things about the hotel is the beds, they are so comfortable! The employees were very helpful with check in and check out and also great when we needed directions. I've stayed at this hotel before, another great stay, but i can tell since my last visit they have done a lot of upgrading and redecorating and it looks awesome!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City does not deserve to be rated as a four star hotel. I've stayed in cleaner cheap motels. The customer service was terrible, We kept being moved from one dirty room to another. More details coming soon, because I'm in the process of filing official complaints about my stay at this hotel. Save your money! Stay in the better customer-rated hotels on this site. even if they're "cheaper" than the Crowne Plaza! Never again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Andrea S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City. Please accept my personal apology for the inconveniences you faced while you were our guest. I can assure you that these are not the standards we set for ourselves on a daily basis. I have shared your comments with my staff and asked how they can prevent a future reoccurrence of these situations. It is with your comments that we can critique our operation and become better in the future.
Thank you again for your time and we look forward to serving you again here in the Oklahoma City area.

Been to Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!