“Customer Service Training Needed - New Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1629 S. Prospect Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73129   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 140 hotels in Oklahoma City
Des Moines, Iowa
“Customer Service Training Needed - New Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed an overnight at this location using a reward stay. Hotel is newer and there are no problems to speak about. Check in was not nice, Claressa was a bit rude when I asked about why she was charging $50 for a reward stay. It was explained about incidentals later, she was helpful with directions to seafood places, and later in the evening she seemed to be nicer. this is why I am not giving 5 stars. I was just reminded once again why I left the chain and moved to Marriott as their customer service is usually top-notch. Room was very spacious, the lighting in the bathroom was very different. It was about 10 minute drive to the chain restaurants. The breakfast is the same as most FREE breakfast hotels. Despite the not-so-nice check in, I would still recommend. Thanks for reading. Video on the YouTube Channel.

RetiredArmyRanger

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fairway, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I could not get over the Great Room Sizes,And of course the comfortable beds and linens. And High Tech plug ins. and gadgets. Free HBO. It was just excellent. The Color choices and amenities were also top notch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

One night stay in OKC - always look for HIE. Found this jewel right on I-35, just minutes away from my meeting the next morning. Modern, clean, comfortable ~ a really beautiful property. The bathroom is worth mentioning. No old-fashioned tub in this room - instead a LARGE, walk in shower! No floppy curtain to fight, just plenty of room, a good shower head and a good exhaust system to vent the steam away - well planned and beautifully appointed.

My only complaint is the breakfast. Hopefully, this isn't a daily occurrence, but on 05.13.14, I arrived in the lobby just as the breakfast attendant was getting things set up (6:30'ish). The kitchen door was open and some dreadful "mariachi" music was blaring through the lobby. No big deal, but I was rather disappointed that none of the hot items (biscuits, eggs, gravy, sausage, bacon, etc) were out. I prepared a bagel and slowly nibbled at that...hoping. Watched some television...waited. At 6:50, I finally gave up and left, still no hot b'fast items had arrived.

I had an early appointment and had to leave...I sure did miss hot biscuits and sausage gravy that I've come to expect when I stay at HIE.

Otherwise, no complaints - well done.

Room Tip: Hotel is situated right on top of I-35, so a room on the rear of the property may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lenexa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We were supposedly locked into one rate but charged a higher rate at check - in. They said they would change it. Went to check-out and rate was $20 higher! They added $45 in "miscellaneous" feea but no one could
explain why. In my opinion it was way overpriced at $139 to begin with and then tried to charge us $185. Crappy views of the highway
and a broken down, nasty restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

If you're looking for a nice HIE relatively close to the downtown of OKC, look no further. The hotel is very nicely appointed in terms of common space and guest rooms.

When reserving, DO request a room which does NOT face I-35 as the hotel is very, very close to this interstate. While I did not specifically notice the noise, I also "sleep like the dead" whereas another guest might be bothered.

Room Tip: Request a room NOT facing I-35
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Brand new hotel with an excellent friendly staff that was helpful with any questions that we had during our stay. The hotel breakfast was hot and readily available during our stay. There is a small dive restaurant out front of hotel but the hotel has done a great job with a privacy fence to hide the eye source.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35

Address: 1629 S. Prospect Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73129
Location: United States > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
Ranked #18 of 140 hotels in Oklahoma City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.