“Tasty treats and vibe, coffee over roasted” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Tasty treats and vibe, coffee over roasted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Dig the independent vibe here and the snacks are delicious but the coffee is way over roasted. I have never had a satisfactory cappuccino here

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ellensburg, Washington
“Great Vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Was here yesterday with my husband and a friend. I have always enjoyed their vegetarian menu and never have to think about meat when ordering. Good smoothies too. The Raspberry Decadence mocha was great and there are two free refills on the iced tea- which they make themselves. You can see into the kitchen and some of the food prep is done in front of customers. Yes, you do need to spend at least $5 to use a credit card. That's because this is not a McChain restaurant but a genuine, independent, community-friendly coffee house which thoughtfully provides free wifi to its patrons. One of my favorite places in OKC.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Went for a cup of coffee with a friend on the weekend and the server told everyone in line they (which was about 10 people) because they close at 3:00p, then he wouldn't accept my credit card because you have to spend over $5. Not the first time I've been to this place and they are habitually rude. I asked for steamed milk in my coffee and the cashier/server hunted down a pitcher of milk that could have been sitting there for hours... Gross!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Vegetarian Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited Red Cup on a Tuesday for lunch. When you drive up you immediately get the offbeat vibe from the exterior decor. We were behind 5 other people in line when we first arrived but the line moved quickly and it gave us a little time to peruse the chalkboard menus. While waiting in line the friendly barista asked us for our drink orders while the main clerk/cashier took orders (great time saver). We ordered the Tourist and the Epic sandwiches. The Tourist was your typical veggie sandwich with a host of different veggies all brought together by a sauce. It was very tasty however. The Epic was a different animal altogether and was a pleasant change of pace in the vegetarian genre. It was a sauerkraut/melted cheese/sauteed mushroom concoction that was out of this world good. I highly recommend. To finish the clientele was as eclectic as the art on the walls. A really interesting mix of scene hopping hipsters and business professionals. I highly suggest this place for both food and atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Little Hippie Hamlet, hopeless located on the Left Side of Town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

1. I like this place, a real throwback to my old Boulder Colorado days!

As a coffeehouse goes the Funk-Factor is alive and well on this Classen Blvd joint. I've been here a few times each time a little different crowd. Some day we have the susie homemakers, other days the Jerry Garcia Grateful Dead crowd. Both pretty political in nature. I still like this joint because I'm very open minded and I enjoy a funky coffeehouse!

Coffee and Food are good, nothing special, the coffeehouse offers WiFi, I did have a hard time finding Electric Outlets, WiFi worked ok and people-watching was good at the Red Cup. There is a patio if one likes that alfresco in OKC feel. Can be a little hot & humid in the summer.

While OKC has a long way to go to catch up with Colorado, this is better than nothing. Check your politics at the door, they don't call it the RED cup for nothing! This is a place Carl Marx would be proud of, and you'll have a good time too!

• Visited September 2011