“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3003 West Memorial Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73134   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel as been a go to place when returning to OKC for business. It has always been clean, and the staff always helpful and pleasant.
Upon arriving, found that an employee that had been there for several years and had always been a contact for assistance when reserving rooms had left in recent weeks. That was dissappointing.
After my first night, maybe I know why.
After waking up and preparing to get dressed, I found a live roach. Ick! Well, by the time I was dressed, I had found 4 in the room. I left my room to go down the hall to the desk to ask to be moved, and another roach ran across the carpet in the hallway.
I did move -but to another hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We really enjoyed the three night stay. The room could not have been cleaner. The lobby is beautiful, and we were met by gracious employees. This hotel is in a very good location, near restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed here for work and for personal and this is one of my favorite places to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful and it is in a great location. The staff is very friendly and goes out o their way to help if you need anything. Great location and very clean. Plan on staying here everytime I come to OKC for work and Personal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We loved the hotel from the moment we stepped into the lobby. The staff was very friendly and actually let us check in a few hours early. We were there for my daughters wedding and was able to block several rooms for the guests arriving from out of town. We loved the suites that we stayed in they were very spacious. The breakfast was pretty good with the usual fruits, cereals, sausage and eggs. Wish they would of had a little bit more options to choose from. Our overall experience was fantastic and would recommend it to others. Great location to restaruants and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The women that checked us in was pleasant. Though, she had to ask a co-worker multiple questions because she wasn't "used to working at this location". No information about the hotel and its services were provided. Once in the room there was no written information about the hotel. But, the booklet to become a member and earn free nights was very easy to see. As well as a book about ALL of the La Quinta locations and new ones opening.
Let me say, the lack of hotel information was not the FIRST thing we noticed about our room. It was the smell. A smell of musty, wet air. The air conditioner was on and blowing cold air. At first glance everything looked nice, tidy and clean. Upon further inspection, there was trash behind the tv stand. The light fixture in the center if the the bathroom ceiling doesn't come on and is rusty. The coffee pot and coffee making supplies are next to the toilet!!!
Now, back to the air conditioner and the SMELL. Every time we walked back into the room we were making faces and commenting on how bad it smells. I wanted to believe it was the little bit of rain we had gotten and the machine was pulling in some of the outside air, in turn causing a musty smell. But, the next day, with no rain, the smell seemed worse. I took a close look at the air conditioner (shouldn't have, ignorence can be bliss). From the areas you could look through to see inside, DUST! You know when you don't clean the back of the fridge for 50 years? That's what it looked like! A THICK layer of it covering the inside. Now, I didn't see mold, but it smelled like all that dust was growing inside there!!!
Then, the pool and hot tub... We got in the hot tub first. Oh, man! I had waited for this place of ultimate relaxation!!! But, (you knew the 'but' was coming) while sitting there, in the swirling cacoon of warmth, a large nest of hair and clumps of lint (not sure what the fuzziness really was, so, we're calling it lint) started swirling around me. I was able to pick a lot of it out. And, because we could tell there were a TON of chemicals in the water, I commented on how we knew no germs were still living in any of the hair/lint!!!! We jumped into the pool also. It was refreshing. (I giggled while I typed 'refreshing'.) There was a TON of chemicals in there, too. Above the water line all around the pool you could see a layer of brown film. And, you could see where, earlier in the day, the kids had been drawing in it with their fingernails!!!
Then, there is breakfast. Now, we got down there late. Our fault for sleeping in (on vacation) and going down when breakfast only lasted 20 more minutes. We got down there and it appeared Ike the rest of the hotel slept in too. Most of the food was gone. Not sure what we missed out on, but, from the crumbs in the empty containers (being carried and put away by he staff) it was pastries and/or muffins. The 'scrambled eggs' were in a puddle. The 'bacon' was like shaved deli meat heated to crispy.
After breakfast we headed back to our room to hang out for a bit and finish getting ready. We wanted to put a 'do not disturb' sign out, but our room didn't have one. So, we pulled the extra lock on the door. Moments later, I could hear the shuffling of house keeping. I heard this tiny taptaptap on the door, and then our door was being opened. No waiting for a response. Thank goodness we had pulled the extra lock over, though the person on the other side kept pushing to force it open. I said a pleasant response, opened the door and I apologized (why I was apologizing I'm not sure) for not having a 'do not disturb' sign out. I explained that we don't have one to put out. So, what does she do?!?!! She went across the hallway, peeked in that room, they didn't have one, either. So, she goes to the next door and looks for theirs. They had one, she takes it, turns around, smiles and hands it to me!

In conclusion, in this price range there are better options.

• Stayed September 2012
MONTGOMERY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

very excellent hotel staff was very helpful.we have stayd at this hotel before and will again visit in the future. the price was very reasonable The breakfast was good except the biscuits were always cold and there was no way to reheat them. they should be put in a warm container.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites OKC North - Quail Springs? Share your experiences!