“Service and food was not right” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #353 of 1,432 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Italian
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Service and food was not right”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The three of us came in and were greeted promptly and seated. The waiter appeared quickly and took our drink order. After we ordered out appetizer, he started to give us less and less attention. The bread was not fresh. The food was okay, but the shrimp scampi was not made as requested and the replacement meal was soggy and had only six small shrimps in it. I have eaten this here before and there are usually more shrimps when they are small and six when they are large. The large figured lady who appeared to be in charge apologized and took it off the bill but was not as friendly as she should have been. She did not offer a free dessert or other item to make it right. The other person's food items were okay but not great. The bathrooms were dirty and the when we arrived the outside of the eatery was dark. They need to fix the timer for their lights. We figured out that the decline in the service quality was due to two men who were sitting nearby and consuming a lot of food and alcohol and were paid much more attention than we were. The manager lady even had her knee on the bench while she was chatting with them. I left hungry. It is not likely we will return to this place again. For quite awhile. It used to be a nicer place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Service was outstanding. Food was real good. Had what the waiter recommended. Chicken Parmesan over pasta with cream sauce. excellent.

All over the US
“Very good food, service and atmosphere at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Diane and I enjoyed our first meal at a Johnny Carino's restaurant in Oklahoma City. My expectation was a knock off Carabas. Not so. I believe that the quality of the meal we were served was better than we typically experience at Carabas, the service was at least as good and the atmosphere was quite nice. Of particular note was my pasta with mushroom alfredo sauce - absolutely wonderful. The restaurant (including the bathrooms) was clean. I look forward to trying Johnny Carino's again and I expect that anyone who tries it will enjoy the experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Oklahoma
“" Great Food for the Price..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived at 12:00 noon and was immediately seated..I don't know if they have more then one Johnny Carino's Italian in the Oklahoma city area but this one was next to Accademy ..right off of I-40 , 7900 S. Walker Ave.anyway they have fast service and Great food for sure..the waiter was very knowledgeable ..and at he end of the meal the owner or the manager came by to make sure everything was ok..my wife and I realy enjoyed very much..we will be back for sure...the phone # there is 405-632-4600 or cell # 405-315-2171..

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had a great meal here, pizza was very nice. service was very good . A busy place for sure, waiters were very good

Visited August 2013