“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #234 of 1,344 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Italian
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Atmosphere is nice. Food was average, main meal was nothing special. Best thing there is the bread. Service was slow and server not attentive.

Visited August 2012

“So noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Food is always good, except for their red sauces. Steer away from those as they are not very tasty. Not the individual restaurants fault - it is the same at every location. Other than that, the noise level always exceeds that of an indoor playground full of screaming children. I don't understand why sit down dining is louder than fast food dining full of people. We were recently there and we ended up eating in silence. We could not chatter at our table without yelling - which is what everyone else was doing. I pretty know everybody's business at the surrounding tables. I think it may have been quieter in the bar area. The service always seems great and the servers always seem to be friendly - which is always nice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great italian fare for a francise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I like the soup and salad special. All you can eat with vinegar and olive soaked in the bread. The tomato basil dressing on the salad is fantastic. Also the minestrone soap is home made adn absolutely great!

Hugo, Oklahoma
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had to eat late and it was opened. The service was excellent and we had enough food to take and eat on the next day.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Really average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my first visit to Johnny Carino's Italian and I won't go back. I ordered the spagetti and meatballs. The sauce was no better than any "jar" sauce I've ever had and the meatballs were rubbery and dry. House salad was blah. The place was pretty empty so... maybe I'm not the only person who thinks it's just ok. Service was fine.