“Reunion Locale - Turned out fine...Miscommunication left bad taste in my mouth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coach's Bricktown - CLOSED

Menu
Improve this listing
Central Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I booked this venue for my high school class' 10-year reunion.

Out of all the venues in Bricktown, this is the only one that didn't have the minimum and outrageous deposit and restrictions that all other venues had.
For a $60.00 nonrefundable deposit, we had their banquet room (which has a pool table and TV) that, like the rest of the restaurant, had an awesome view of the baseball ballpark.
Everyone ordered off the menu and we had a swell time with an AWESOME waitress who kept all of our many tabs accurate!
There was not only a baseball game that evening, but also our OKC Thunder were hosting the NBA playoffs that evening as well. It was very crowded but thank goodness I reserved the room months ahead of time.

Here's the bad...
I filled out an agreement for the room and chose to have everyone order off the menu and keep a separate tab, and emailed that to the manager. I was later told that since we would have over 20 people, and since it was (base-)ball game day, that we would have to purchase from one of their buffet options. This was okay because they gave me the total per person with all taxes and gratuities, so that I could charge my fellow alumni ahead of time.
When we got to Coach's that evening, my fellow alumni were confused as the waitress gave out menu's. I told them not to order anything because we had a buffet...the waitress knew nothing about this so immediately and graciously got the manager (who I had been in contact with).
I also had my iPhone with a copy of all the emails I had with the manager over the past months that verified our buffet order.
Apparently he was confused and forgot that he told me we had to have a buffet and he stated that there was nothing he could do because they were so busy (due to the games) and that he could in no way get a buffet prepared (even though we had agreed...via email). I suggested that we get to order off the menu but not be charged more than what was agreed from the "buffet" price. He agreed to that.
What irritates me about that situation is that HE (the manager & representative of the venue) did not even come up with that very very simple solution.

It all turned out fine and we had a great time - but it could have easily ended bad.
I understand that sometimes mistakes happen, but do try to please your customer...we spent almost $1,000.00 there that evening (maybe more due to all the alcohol bills) and they could have very easily lost that business to us going back to our hotel for celebrations vs. staying at a place that was not prepared for us.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Ga
“Good ballpark atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Cool restaraunt/bar overlooking the interior of the Re Hawks Ballpark. Typical bar variety of food. Fun place.

Visited April 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Pretty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I love the view of the ballpark, especially in the winter. I can watch the people snow tubing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Garland, TX
“Love Coach's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Good food and good atmosphere. Fun place to go and everything we ever even there has been good.

Visited October 2011
Amarillo, Texas
“Still Good Food and Brew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Being a graduate of the University of Oklahoma, I frequented Coach's in Norman quite a bit "back in the day" and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed their BBQ chicken pizza. To go to the Coach's in Bricktown, we could only hope the food and brew would be as good as we remembered. We were not disappointed in the food or the beer, but the service left a little something to be desired. We stopped by before the Thunder game to get a reasonably-priced meal (and not have to pay $6.75 for a beer at the arena). I was kind of surprised how quiet it was there...not many people in there at all. I think our server was the "new kid on the block" because he was a little slow getting the drinks out to us and getting refills, but he was nice. The food came out nice and hot and it was prepared the way we wanted. Overall, it was a good experience...it just took a little longer than I thought it would.

• Visited February 2012