“Don't Judge It By The Outside” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 1,432 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Don't Judge It By The Outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I wondered if I was in the right place. Full parking lot when I arrived made it a good sign. Sat at the counter for immediate service and met terrific folks. Service was very friendly and hospitable. The folks around me were friendly and warm. The filet was well prepared and very good. Prices were very reasonable for the quality of the meal I was served. Would go back with no problem.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oklahoma City
“I love Cattlemen's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've eaten there for decades. I've never had a problem that was not attended to on the spot. And I have had less problems than I can remember. It is one of my favorite places and the best thing you can say is- You can always count on a great meal, and take anyone there!

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“The Presidential - go for it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had our anniversary dinner here when we were in town for the weekend, I saw it on Trip Advisor and then on DDD on youtube, we had to try it!

Hubby had the Presidential, which, of course I had to try - it was delicious, the meat was tender and juicy and fell apart in my mouth.

I had the pepper steak the quality of the meat wasn't as great as I'd hoped for, but the pepper sauce was delicious.

The salad dressing is DELICIOUS!! Portions are generous, the staff were friendly and the service was exceptional!!

Visited November 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“I have been coming here for fifty years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My first trip to Cattlemen's was when I was an undergrad at the University of Oklahoma which is about twenty miles from the restaurant. I have been consistently enjoying this place for lunch and dinner now for over half a century!

Same booths, same layout, same big ole lighted picture on the south wall. In an age of "instant" and constant change, it is rare for a place like this to last as long and do as well as Cattlemen's. It is in the middle of what is left of "packing town" and for most of its life never closed its doors, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You would see executives at lunch and dinner and "bull haulers" at 3 AM. Now, change has brought about hours and the place no longer is open around the clock. That is about the only change in fifty years I can observe. Oh yes, the prices have gone up over that half century!

Cattlemen's is more than a great steakhouse. It is a institution and an experience passed down from generation to generation of Oklahomans. The Oklahoma National Stockyards just around the corner is still the world's largest stocker feeder market.

As to the food, the menu has changed a bit over the years, but not so much as to be really noticeable. Calf fries are still a delicacy (deep fried testicles) and the steaks are big, juicy, fresh and Western. This ain't no sissy Yankee steak house! The coconut cream pie tastes no different to me than it did long ago and is still the best I have ever eaten. This is a family resturant and you see everyone here: cattlemen, families, executives, visitors, construction workers. Everyone is the same at Cattlemens.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas, USA
“Melt in your mouth steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had read about this restaurant and watched on a couple of TV programs. The hype was right, one of the best steaks I've ever had. The atmosphere is a little dated, but the food was great. Come hungry but leave satiated. Excellent.

Visited October 2012