“Love it ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 141 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Love it ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Aloft is always a great place to stay and this one is no exception. The location is perfect with so many things to do in Bricktown. We love it here and I highly recommend it... Especially for a date /getaway...

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear NWA_RHightower:

Thank you for the great comments about our facilities and the proximity to all of the excitement in Bricktown.

Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown-Bricktown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oklahoma City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I'll go step by step:

Valet was absolutely excellent and friendly.

At check in I was accused of making the wrong reservation.
After that uncomfortable exchange I realized I forgot to give my keys to the valet and wanted to make sure my car could be moved.

It was at this time that I literally ran through the front door. It hurt like hell but we were told it happens all the time.

I wasn't offered any help by the staff.

We put our things in our room and went to the restaurant. It took several minutes to get served. We got our drinks quickly and all though the place was almost empty it took almost half an hour to get an appetizer.

The food was pretty good. However, we finished everything and didn't see a server for 20 minutes. We wanted to eat and drink more but it was too frustrating so we left.

Again valet was awesone.

We went to a show and came back to have a late light snack.

We sat at a large table in the 2nd floor of the bar area and waited for 20 minutes.

Finally a couple spots opened at the bar and we sat down at 11:48. I recall the time exactly because it was at this time that we ordered food(after we waited 20 minutes for service) and we were told that they only serve food until midnight. I looked my watch as the bar tender informed me that all the cooks already left.

So that's day one.

I'll update after our stay is over.

So far I would avoid staying here.

• Stayed June 2014
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thesco Tj:

First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I consider all forms of feedback a gift which enables us to improve our facilities and service.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you to see how we can improve your experience, I can best be reached on my cell phone at 602-705-1245.

I look forward to your call.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Really nice funky hotel, room was big, very clean and modern. Had everything you needed. We were on a road trip and only stopped over for one night but we were able to use the laundry room and then iron in our room. Great comfy bed. Location was great, we walked to Bricktown and then and then later we walked to the memorial ground and through business district part of town. Only downside was cleaner woke us at 8am to do room, we said no then she knocked again at 9am! Drove to Stockyard City and Cowboy museum both well worth the trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Citygogetter:

Yes we are funky…glad to hear your stay was fulfilling.

Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed for several nights in OKC. Our hotel was the brand new Aloft in Bricktown. What a nice place. I've stayed at Alofts in many locations and this one is by far the best. Most Aloft menus are pretty much just bar food. This is the exception. The food was gastro pub like and very good. We arrived on a Thunder playoff night and every restaurant was packed. As guests of the hotel the bar/restaurant staff quickly found us a table and we had a very good meal. The rooms were in perfect condition and the location is ideal for any stay in OKC. I highly recommend this hotel.

The only reason this is 4 stars and not 5 was that during our stay the only parking option was valet. Not sure if this is all the time but there is an empty garage as part of the hotel. Not sure why self parking isn't allowed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite with a balcony. exceptionally large and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Moor_J_ n_VA:

We appreciate your business and I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I came to this hotel in the first week it was open. I was stuck in a really large catch22 with this review as I had issues related to the hotel being so new.

In general... The hotel is modern the amenities are really good. The fitness room is large and good. The bar is really good. Probably a little more expensive then it needs to be, but it is a nice spot. That is where it really brings you in.

The rooms are really modern also. They are a tad small, but modern looking. It has everything you need. Even though everything is modern, you can see where the corners are cut and the cheaper materials are used.

My major issue is no hot tub! It has a pool, why not put a hot tub in also? Given what this hotel markets to (not families) the hot tub is almost a better feature then a pool.

All and all if the price is right this is a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Edward M:

I enjoyed reading your comments, thank you.

Yes, there is no hot tub, but give us time and you will love the additional amenities that are being worked on.

dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Aloft hotels brings you into the disco/modern era. The walls are decorated with previous guess and other events that will make you stop and read and look. The bar has a happy hour that features .25 cent wings with other food and drinks ( a must try at the price). Service was always meet with a smile and can do attitude. The rooms are design to make you feel young in a new age world. The showers contain a big water shower head which produces wonderful temperature water. Instead of soap you have a soap and conditioner dispenser. This hotel offers ever tv station you would ever want to watch. It is located where you can walk to Bricktown shops and events. They offer a "green reward" so if you don't change towels everyday you can receives points or a certificate for the bar or restaurant.I did not do breakfast or utilize spa(not sure there is one). If there is a downside it is the charge for valet and the fact they don't offer you to choice to park yourself and the fact that you may have to bring your umbrella due to the weather. Price of room was pretty reasonable but check and their maybe a special.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear number12:

The rooms are design to make you feel young in a new age world, close the Bricktown and oh yes the showers…I love it!

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments.

Mustang, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Cara and I really like the Aloft hotels, we have stayed in both locations in Tulsa a few times and been to the W in Dallas. We really like the modern and upbeat atmosphere as well as most of the aminities offered. Each of them have unique bar settings and some even offer specialty drinks. The downtown OKC location is the only one with valet only parking. There are two hour parking spots all around the building and we were told that there are no parking attendants but who wants to take that risk. Kyle wanted to park his car because it is a classic; we had parked in a two hour spot to get checked in and see if the valet attendants would allow him to just pull it in. We were told that we could bring the car around and that he could park it but we still would have to pay the $15 and we would also have to leave the keys at the valet desk; all of which we complied with, so we pulled the car around only to find out that the valet manager had decided that would not work and upper management was telling him they could not accomodate our request. I then asked to speak to a manager onsite and that is when Blake got involved, he immediately got Kyle and I parked and even let us keep the keys for the next morning! Other than that the hotel is bright and had so much going on! One band after another in the downstairs bar plus a DJ and small bar up top on the roof!!! The room was comfortable and their beds cannot be beat! A bigger window will be something we request next time with the great view from this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle H:

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with your room and enjoyed your overall experience while at the hotel. The corner rooms have the larger windows, for example 347.

Your comments regarding valet are appreciated as we continue to understand our guest’s needs and make changes where we can.

Thank you for your business.

Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown-Bricktown

Been to Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown? Share your experiences!