“A pleasant way to spend an afternoon” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Activities in Oklahoma City
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
8 attraction reviews
“A pleasant way to spend an afternoon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I took this trip with my senior father, my husband and kids. The boat ride was fun, very low-key and relaxing; boating isn't something we do often so it was enjoyable to feel the breeze and going through the locks was interesting. We went on the tour that was titled "history comes alive" which promised a historical tour. We went from the Regatta landing to Exchange and back. Each leg is 45 minutes so this was 1.5 hours. This particular element of the tour was a big flop. The narrator was a sweet lady who unfortunately didn't a have a strong voice. The motor and A/C made it nearly impossible to hear even half of what she was saying. And her narration was a story done in character about being a mail-order bride and going through divorce. What??? We got up and went to the outside deck area to enjoy the breeze and watch kayakers. My father was looking forward to a history of the Oklahoma river or the area, or something! Maybe there were some facts in there that I missed because of the motor. Beer, wine and minimal, light snacks are offered. I thought it was nice, but thankfully hadn't expected much.

Visited August 2013

Cushing, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Guide pointed out every detail except the Chickasaw statue. Displayed disrespect for Native American heritage.

Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Something to do in Oklahoma!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My 4 sisters and I take an annual trip together. This year we wanted to take a shorter trip; some place close to home, but still have a great time. Little did we know that Oklahoma had so much to offer. We took the River Cruise, the tickets were affordable, the weather was cooperative and it was a great way to see the OKC skyline. The captain and crew were friendly, the appetizer buffet and drinks were delicious and the setting of the evening sun made the 1&1/2-hour trip a memorable event. You also have to check out the Bricktown Entertainment District & Chelino's Mexican Restaurant. There is a lot to do in OKC and some great food as well.

Visited September 2012
OKLA
30 attraction reviews
“Nice outing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Went with a large church group so we had the boat to ourselves. Lovely afternoon. You go through locks which are interesting. Nice views of downtown OKC skyline, including the new Devon Tower. Unfortunately the N Canadian isn't the prettiest river, but there is a lot of new development which takes your eyes off the unclean water. Boat operator and his helper were nice young people and gave an informative narration.

Visited October 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Meh.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'm a local and I found this cruise boring. There's just nothing to look at on the Oklahoma River. The tour guide was very informative though. I think if you have kids who enjoy boat rides it would be fun, but if you are looking for some pretty scenery to enjoy, this is not your cruise.

Visited July 2012