“Gorgeous” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Gorgeous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here while traveling from Missouri home to Texas. They were do some minor renovations but overall it was a wonderful stay. Standing in the lobby looking up and around is just breathtaking. It's like a little slice of luxury in the heart of Oklahoma City.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Under renovations in July 2014 but staff do a good job of ensuring service remains good. Friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms. Don't bother with breakfast in the hotel - expensive, limited selection and inferior quality. Walk to the nearby IHOP instead. The real value of this hotel is it's proximity to the convention center, arena, the Bricktown restaurant district and the Myriad Botanical Gardens. Note that Oklahoma City is very spread out. If you don't have a car it will be costly for cabs to do almost anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is located near the Bricktown tourist area (no stores, just a bunch of bars and touristy restaurants and night clubs), as well as just down the block from the stadium where the OKC Thunder NBA team plays and big concerts are held. I was in town for neither and, thank God, basketball season was over, and there was no concert.

I had read other reviews of the hotel and saw the complaints about street-level noise, so I requested a room on the top floor, the 8th floor, which I was given.

The next day, even though I was on the top floor, I felt my room vibrating and a noise as if there were an earthquake! It turns out they were remodeling part of the ground floor, and they were using jackhammers, and I could hear and feel it all the way up on the 8th floor!! This went on all day long, as well as for the next two days. Even just walking from the lobby elevator out the door was deafening! I can't understand why the hotel didn't just NOT book rooms during the construction period, because it was truly an inconvenience to the guests.

Even though there was little street traffic noise that I could hear from my top-floor room, the hotel is located right near commercial railroad tracks, and loud (and very long) freight trains go by, even overnight, and you can hear the wheels clattering and the whistle blowing. Unless you're into trains or Americana ("City of New Orleans"), it was annoying. Especially at 3:00 in the morning!

My room was quite nice, large, with windows on two sides. Great views (not that there's anything to have a view of). However, it was July, and the windows were not thermally treated. There was NO CENTRAL A/C with thermostat in the room, only one very noisy little window unit, which was insufficient to cool the room during the afternoon, even with it on full blast as cold as it would go, all day long.

And, by the way, the hotel's hallways are not air-conditioned and are stifling, which is not only uncomfortable, it likely puts a strain on the piddly little window-unit room air conditioner.

The room was clean, except there was a large, undefinable stain in the carpet near the entrance when I walked in. And when I came back to the room late one afternoon, I noticed that the maids had made the beds and replaced the towels, but they hadn't cleaned and replaced my coffee service (grounds and filter were even still in the dirty coffeemaker), including the dirty nearby towels I had used. Nor had they vacuumed the carpet. When I requested the front desk that this be done, it later was taken care of.

BTW, I was there on business and didn't take advantage of nearby Bricktown, except for a Starbucks down the street. If you need something (I'd forgotten to pack my earrings), there is no shopping nearby, not even a Wal-Mart or a 7-11 or drug store or mall.

Unlike in other hotels, there is no fridge or microwave in the room, unless you're in a suite, and there is no complimentary breakfast buffet. There IS a restaurant on the ground floor that serves a lavish breakfast buffet, but you must pay for it. They have a microwave in the lobby for guests. Icemakers are on every other floor, but the one closest to me (not on my floor) was out of order.

One other issue is that the hotel has a multi-story parking lot, but it's next door. There is no other hotel parking for guests, except the drive-up to the front door, which is valet only. (I HATE valet parking, in general. Much prefer to self-park.) They share usage of the parking lot with the stadium. My room came with free parking (I had a car). I realized that even though there was nothing going on at the stadium, there is no hotel guest parking on the first level, so I had to drive up the ramp to at least Level 2 (one night even farther up than that) and then take an elevator down. Even though there were tons of empty ground-floor spaces, they were all marked "Reserved" and were for valet or for other tenants. (That really irks me! It is the valets who should be inconvenienced, not the hotel guests!)

As a single woman, sometimes returning to the hotel late at night after a long day, I felt very unsafe driving around in the lot and going from the parking lot to the hotel, especially in this part of town (drunks, druggies, and homeless loitering around). Each time I went from the hotel to my car, I had a hotel security guard escort me. But, of course, coming back in to the hotel, I had to go outside-- there was no direct, enclosed walkway from the garage to the hotel-- and I felt unsafe. Also glad it wasn't raining!

Each time I reported to the front desk the numerous issues I had experienced during the course of my three-night stay, they were always very friendly, concerned, and accommodating and, in fact, by the last day, management had left a complimentary bottle of wine and a cheese plate in the room, along with a hand-written note of apology, as well as comping me for one night's stay.

Room Tip: Pick as high a floor as possible, because of noise. Also make sure they aren't undergoing const...
Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
OKCHotelManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott OKC Bricktown and providing an in depth review. We are currently renovating our public spaces and adding additional improved amenities. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lobby noise on the day that you stayed with us. We certainly understand how this negatively impacted your stay. I can assure you that this is not typical of the experience and service that we offer. Our mission is to provide all of our guests a comfortable and relaxing stay. Valet parking and self-parking are conveniently located adjacent to the hotel via a covered walkway for guest use. Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope to see you again soon!
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was my first business trip to OKC and I was a little bit skeptical about my hotel options. I was pleasantly surprised by the downtown Courtyard Marriott. Great location downtown within walking distance of Bricktown, the basketball arena, restaurants, etc. Convenient self parking garage next door. I had a King room and thought it well set up for business travelers with a large desk, multiple outlets, etc. Room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely return for future business trips.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Colleyville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great stay with very helpful staff. Room was very clean. Only hiccup was having to wait 20+ minutes for the valet to retrieve the car. He profusely apologized and said the front desk never called him.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years when I come to OKC for business. Easy parking, great location, and with the higher floor balcony you have a beautiful view of bricktown. If you get a room on the right side of the hotel you can see "Thunder alley" during basketball season which is a really cool feature. The workout room is small, however never really busy when I've used it. The biggest draw back, has been prices have continued to rise over the years, and they've exceeded my price point and I've had to choose to stay at another hotel at a little bit of a lower rate. I do travel during playoff season, so I would expect there to be a rise in prices due to how well the Thunder play. Its usually the first round, however I have the room booked well in advance of knowing whether or not the Thunder will be playing at that time, its just unfortunate that prices have risen because it is a great location.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you travel as much as I do you appreciate the little things that make your hotel stay a memorable one, I will start by saying this was not my first choice in OKC for accomadations.
We initially started at another Marriott property, we came across the Courtyard because our first Monday was booked up so we stayed one night to start. I am a strong supporter of Makers Mark and tend to self medicate to help fall asleep after a long day of work. Unfortunately, my first stay and trip to the lobby bar was disappointing because my preferred medication was not stocked here! I inquired why and was told by the always hard working Amanda that their supplier did not provide it to the hotel. Jokingly, I asked for the person on duty who could change this and explain the finer points of Makers Mark.
Much to my delight I was able to meet and speak to Lindsay Stringfellow, she assured me that she would do everything in her power to accomodate my request if we gave her hotel another chance by staying another night, I told her we were booked up for the next 12 weeks at their "other" property in town, she assured me our experience at the Courtyard would top whatever stay we would have anywhere else.

That same week as I was buckling up to fly back home, I received a phone call, it was Lindsay assuring me that there would be Makers Mark behind the bar upon our next stay, fortunately for me that was a couple weeks away due to the "other" property being booked out again. I checked in to the courtyard a few weeks later, long day of travel ( flight delays) and just needed to chill and get ready for the next day.Much to my delight after opening the door to my room was a bottle of Makers Mark with 2 cans of coke, a full ice bucket and a card, now I am in the customer service end of business, this is textbook of how customer service should be! I opened the card and inside was written,"We hope we Make Our Mark with you" signed by everyone at the front desk and office!
Well, 12 weeks later after staying our entire time there at the Coutyard it was very difficult to say goodbye, everyone there makes you feel like you are the most important customer they have. From all the girls and guys at the front desk (shout out to Leah!) to everyone in the office your experience will be nothing but positive when staying here. Special thanks to Lindsay for going above and beyond, putting up with our scheduling conflicts and last minute changes, you are truely a one of a kind (tip to Marriott... take care of this girl, she is what "customer experience" is all about) Located right next to the Chesapeak Arena and walking distance to Bricktown, this is the ONLY place to stay in OKC! Hope I get to come back in the future, heard the Pink Cadillac is the place to be latenight....

Room Tip: Ask for the arena side of the building..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown? Share your experiences!