“Fantastic location and service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Noblesville, Indiana
“Fantastic location and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years when I come to OKC for business. Easy parking, great location, and with the higher floor balcony you have a beautiful view of bricktown. If you get a room on the right side of the hotel you can see "Thunder alley" during basketball season which is a really cool feature. The workout room is small, however never really busy when I've used it. The biggest draw back, has been prices have continued to rise over the years, and they've exceeded my price point and I've had to choose to stay at another hotel at a little bit of a lower rate. I do travel during playoff season, so I would expect there to be a rise in prices due to how well the Thunder play. Its usually the first round, however I have the room booked well in advance of knowing whether or not the Thunder will be playing at that time, its just unfortunate that prices have risen because it is a great location.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you travel as much as I do you appreciate the little things that make your hotel stay a memorable one, I will start by saying this was not my first choice in OKC for accomadations.
We initially started at another Marriott property, we came across the Courtyard because our first Monday was booked up so we stayed one night to start. I am a strong supporter of Makers Mark and tend to self medicate to help fall asleep after a long day of work. Unfortunately, my first stay and trip to the lobby bar was disappointing because my preferred medication was not stocked here! I inquired why and was told by the always hard working Amanda that their supplier did not provide it to the hotel. Jokingly, I asked for the person on duty who could change this and explain the finer points of Makers Mark.
Much to my delight I was able to meet and speak to Lindsay Stringfellow, she assured me that she would do everything in her power to accomodate my request if we gave her hotel another chance by staying another night, I told her we were booked up for the next 12 weeks at their "other" property in town, she assured me our experience at the Courtyard would top whatever stay we would have anywhere else.

That same week as I was buckling up to fly back home, I received a phone call, it was Lindsay assuring me that there would be Makers Mark behind the bar upon our next stay, fortunately for me that was a couple weeks away due to the "other" property being booked out again. I checked in to the courtyard a few weeks later, long day of travel ( flight delays) and just needed to chill and get ready for the next day.Much to my delight after opening the door to my room was a bottle of Makers Mark with 2 cans of coke, a full ice bucket and a card, now I am in the customer service end of business, this is textbook of how customer service should be! I opened the card and inside was written,"We hope we Make Our Mark with you" signed by everyone at the front desk and office!
Well, 12 weeks later after staying our entire time there at the Coutyard it was very difficult to say goodbye, everyone there makes you feel like you are the most important customer they have. From all the girls and guys at the front desk (shout out to Leah!) to everyone in the office your experience will be nothing but positive when staying here. Special thanks to Lindsay for going above and beyond, putting up with our scheduling conflicts and last minute changes, you are truely a one of a kind (tip to Marriott... take care of this girl, she is what "customer experience" is all about) Located right next to the Chesapeak Arena and walking distance to Bricktown, this is the ONLY place to stay in OKC! Hope I get to come back in the future, heard the Pink Cadillac is the place to be latenight....

Room Tip: Ask for the arena side of the building..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This is great place to stay if ever attending an event at Chesapeake Arena! It's literally just out the door. The service was fantastic and the valet parking was prompt on their service! The only thing wrong was the bed had lumps in the bedding. It just looked as though it was made in a hurry. It was still very comfortable to sleep in. Once again I had one minor complaint for the price. I will defiantly return if attending anything else at the arena.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Salina, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I will only stay at Marriott brand properties. You always know that they will have high standards. This Courtyard by Marriott is very good example of the standards that I come to expect. Great staff and very clean. Nice location if your destination is Bricktown or taking in a ballgame. As with all Courtyards, this is not the best property to stay at when traveling with families since they do not offer a free breakfast. They are more designed for the business traveler. The only issue I had was the air conditioner. It was on for hours and would not cool the room. I checked the air filters and they were beyond dirty. Once I washed the filter and reinstalled them, problem solved.

Room Tip: Always get the highest room available.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is definitely a top notch Courtyard. The rooms are very clean & modern. This location can't be very old and the location is as good as you can get. Within walking distance of Oklahoma City Bricktown and all it has to offer. Everything you want to do in OKC is within walking distance of this location: Baseball, basketball, concerts, canal walk, botanical gardens, convention center. There really is no other reason to stay anywhere else but here. My only beef is the proliferation of parking fees for guests - everybody now seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of charging their guest to park at the hotel they're staying at and this location is no exception. Shame on Marriott for being just another greedy corporation that can't keep from finding anything and everything to charge for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
OKC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This hotel is located right in the center of OKC's downtown. You are steps from Bricktown restaurants and the canal, across the street from the arena where the Thunder play and concerts occur, and a couple of blocks from the beautiful Myriad gardens. It's also within walking distance-about a half mile-to the OKC Memorial. With all the convenience comes a little noise from below, so be aware of that and download a white noise app on your phone. There is a train that runs parallel to the hotel and you can hear that as well. The rooms are standard hotel fare, nothing special, but they are very clean and I really appreciate the white bedspread so I KNOW it was clean. The room toiletries are a bit chintsy but there are plenty of fluffy towels and the staff is very, very accommodating and nice. The breakfast is separate unless you get a "deal". The buffet was good, very clean, and the tables set with cloth napkins and silverware with a hostess to bring drinks, etc. The hotub could use more careful cleaning as there was some kind of fiber floating on top of the water. Don't bother paying for valet parking as the covered parking garage is within feet of the hotel door and you can park yourself very easily for less money. Overall, this is a nice hotel and I would stay there again, but look for price deals because the regular price of 239 is way out of line with the quality of the hotel. Oh, and the staff speaks English.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
OKCHotelManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown. Your comments about our amenity offerings and price will be reviewed by our executive team. It is our mission to provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a great value! Please accept our sincere apologies if we missed the mark. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Oklahoma.
Gainesville, Florida (home of the Gators!)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stay at Marriott properties all the time. This is by far, one of the best Courtyard's I have ever stayed at. Easy checking in, the room was very nice (I had a hot tub which was especially helpful after the half Marathon). The staff went above and beyond, especially Matt & Jason the limo drivers. Yes, they even have a complimentary limo for destinations within 1 mile of hotel, very helpful.

Above all, their high speed internet was actually "high speed". I hope they keep the wired rooms!

A great experience! Thanks!

Room Tip: Hot tub room if possible!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown? Share your experiences!