“Do Not Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Oklahoma City Fairground

You added Days Inn Oklahoma City Fairground to your Saves list
Days Inn Oklahoma City Fairground
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 NW 39th Street, I-44 & May Ave, Exit 124, Oklahoma City, OK 73112   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #124 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Do Not Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

This was the worst motel I've ever stayed in. Here's my list of complaints:
1. When I first called on the phone to make a reservation, the clerk told me "Can you call back later, I'm on the computer right now".
2. There was no running water when we cheked in. We called the front desk, they said it'd be on in 20 minutes; it took 2 hours.
3. Speaking of the water, we had NO HOT WATER for the entire stay (3 days). I called on the second day to complain, and the clerk said I would get a credit. When I checked out, they said there'd be no credit. I never got a credit.
4. There was a box of condoms and a sex toy on the floor when we checked in.
5. The remote control didn't work.
6. Housekeeping was rude.
7. The front desk clerks were under-staffed and extremely rude.
8. Their Raintree lounge is nothing but a glorified biker bar.
9. To top it off, I got mugged in the parking lot. When I told the front desk about it, they laughed and thought I was making it up in order to get a free room.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Read my review
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
roman w, General Manager at Days Inn Oklahoma City Fairground, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
I appreciated you taken the time to write a review concerning our facility, this hotel is under new management now, and i am doing everything in my power to improve the property and the rooms. please note that we have done a lot of work on our rooms and they are lot nicer than they were a couple of months ago. Thank You

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

I stayed with a group on a Saturday night, in a non-smoking, first floor room. The hotel room smelled and the carpet was damp. I immediately put my shoes back on and left them on the whole time I was in the room. The bathroom light did not work, although that was fixed within two hours of arriving. The shower floor felt as though it hadn't been cleaned in awhile - grimy and sticky. The coffee pot was moldy.

The refrigerator in the room was a nice touch. The TV worked. The bed was hard, but not lumpy. I brought my own pillow, so I didn't try theirs.

The continental breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, bagels, muffins, cereal, and packaged danish. The juice dispenser was obviously in need of cleaning. I did not try the muffins or bagels, only the packaged cereal and danish.

They have a pool in the courtyard, but like everything else at this place, it was dirty.

The hotel is cheap for a reason. Stay somewhere else, or don't plan to take your shoes off, even in the shower.

I am sorry for the trouble you had staying here with us in June, please know that your feed back is important to us, I am doing everything i can to improve the hotel... This hotel now is under new management and i can promise that you will not have the same trouble with us again. Again thank you for letting us know what we need to work on.
Bay Area, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

We stayed at the Days Inn - NW for one night and would not stay again. Even though we had a non-smoking room, it reeked of smoke. The lobby, too, smelled like smoke and there were cigarette butts on the carpet. Outside of the door to the lobby was a place to put out your cigarette, but then no place to dispose of it, so the ground was covered with cigarette butts. Even the sheets had cigarette burns in them! The room was clean, but shabby with old, scratched furniture. Pay a few dollars more and stay somewhere else!

Stayed June 2006

Been to Days Inn Oklahoma City Fairground? Share your experiences!