“Bleach Me” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Habana Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oklahoma City
Habana Inn
You added Habana Inn to your Saves list
2200 Northwest 39th Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK 73112   |
Ranked #80 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Palm Springs, CA
“Bleach Me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Filthy, Dirty, Sickening, Roach-Ridden and What are these bites on my legs?...are all things I found myself thinking throughout my stay at this hole.
My room was never cleaned nor vacuumed. There was a great deal of white and beige stuff on the floor the entire time I was there. However, day three, I came back to find my bed made (the only time it was made during my stay). And, day two, I was handed towels when the house keeper came in to kill a roach in the shower that I had told her about. But, keep in mind that I was there for six days!
I saw somebody report that there were no coffee makers in the rooms. But, I just can't imagine using a coffee pot that has had roaches swarming it all night.
When I was packing to leave, I stripped the bed down to the white bottom sheet so I could see bugs, eggs and feces. I turned EVERYTHING inside out and upside down before folding. I hope I didn't bring any of that filth back to my home. I've never in my life stayed in a hotel with roaches and whatever else was biting me in my sleep.
DESPERATE cruising going on so badly that I had to keep the curtains pulled shut.
When I reported the housekeeping conditions to the desk at checkout, I was given a firm dissertation and lecture about my responsibilities as a Habana Inn guest. I tried to explain to her that I was giving her some courtesy information to benefit future guest and that I was not trying to receive a free stay. But, the lecture continued. So, I just gave up (as it seems that the staff and owners of the Habana Inn have done as well).

Room Tip: Move on unless this is your scene.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

This place was built in the 60's.It has a super 8 feel.There are co coffemakers ,or fridges in the room. The heater was very loud. You ca also hear the nearby bars all night.the tv and the bathroom needs updating.It wasnt worth 68.00 per night.
It is really a cruisy,bathouse type atmosphere.The restaurant is very inexpensive, and not that bad. The hotel isnt in the best part of town.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Spent a couple of nights here on a quick trip to Oklahoma City. From other reviews I was expecting a real dive and had a "Plan B' ready to bail out. But, the room was very clean, the bed extremely comfortable, never heard any noise from other rooms, and the A/C excellent. The atmosphere is definitely not of the Ritz Carlton, and the front desk staff is tragically lacking personality skills, but one can relax easily and not be bothered if they wish... or be part of the somewhat constant highly charged atmosphere that gains speed as the day goes on. I ate at the restaurant one night, was most surprised at the meal , not the best I have ever had, nowhere near the worst. The bars were real quiet one night, better on the weekend, though the drag component really bad. Very convenient to the highway system once I figured it out, so could easily head downtown or get out to eat quickly. If I was ever to go back to OKC alone and wanted some cheap fun, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Annandale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Do not even consider this place.....Nasty, Uninhabitable

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
TxAngel1978
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

This place has a fantastic staff. The management holds his people to a level of professionalism needed in the hospitality industry.

Rooms are well maintained even without the most modern upgrades. Yes some of the staff seems a bit rough around the edges, but even the calmest feathers get ruffled sometimes.

If you do not want to be disturbed, the front desk clerk will gladly put your phone on do not disturb and that will stop others from calling your room.

People come here to meet and socialize at the bars and restaurant. You will have a blast at the Copa, boot scoot at the Finish Line and still be able to crawl back to your room after all the fantastic drinks the bartenders serve up.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

This hotel is really old, really dirty and poorly maintained (COCKROACHES). They forgot to clean our room after the first night. Really nice guy brought fresh towels after we called and told them. Everyone was friendly and restaurant and bars were reasonable and fairly good. This is a gay hotel that is a good idea, just time for a total rehab or bulldozer.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Smith, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I have stayed at the Habana Inn on multiple occassions. I live about 3 hours from OKC and anytime I am up for a fun weekend I hit up the Habana. It is an awesome time and you can walk to the bars

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Habana Inn? Share your experiences!