“Not a good choice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center

You added Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 E Reno Avenue, with Free Area Shuttle, Oklahoma City, OK 73117   |
Ranked #57 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Kansas City
“Not a good choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

Upon arriving at this hotel I thought my GPS had made a mistake! I booked through hotwire which was based on a 3 star rating. I stayed at a 3 star St. Louis hotel which happened to be a Sheraton which was wonderful and then I come to this dump with the same rating and only $3 cheaper a night. It is a horrible part of the city smashed in between a truck stop and the highway. I have concerns about leaving the hotel after dark based on the location and will be contacting hotwire with my displeasure in the hotel. The rooms are not remodeled and the only thing in the room that looks half way decent is the bed. The TV is horrible, the bathroom is disgusting, and I feel horrible that I am staying in this place. I do not recommend anyone staying here as the rates are not on par for the quality of the hotel. I am not really sure what the good reviewers saw in this place but I have travelled across the US for business and this is one of the most disappointing bookings to date.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hotel20, General Manager at Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2009
As the General Manager of The Bricktown Hotel & Convention Center, I would first and foremost like to say how very sorry I am that this guest's expectations were not to their satisfaction. Our entire goal for each and every person that comes through our door is to exceed their level of expectation from every aspect. Although we do in fact set between a truck stop and I-40, we are within 1 1/2 mile of the heart of beautiful downtown Oklahoma City, also known as Bricktown. We take a tremendous amount of pride in the product and value we offer to our guest and make every attempt to rectify any situation that may arise during any guests stay. In closing, as this guest stated in their review there are many positive reviews from guests who have stayed with us previously and complete guest satisfaction is very important to our Hotel in every manner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Westminster, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

Doesn't look like much from the ouside, but was a great and affordable place to say. Not the greatest location, right off the highway near a truck stop and at least 2 miles fom Bricktown but......this place was clean and the staff was very friendly.

We took the advice of another reviewer and booked a lower level interior room. What a great tip. There was a sliding door off of our room which led to the interior courtyard with a large grassy area and direct access to the pool. Perfect arrangement especially for those with pets and small kids that need a place to run. The breakfast was not bad either.

We did not take advantage of it but they have a Hummer that they use to shuttle you to and from Bricktown at no charge.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Surprise AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I made this last minute reservation to escape Hurricane Ike and for some shopping/massage therapy for the weekend of 9/12-9/14 coming from Wichita Falls TX. I had read other glowing review and took a chance. For the low price of $64 a night (after taxes) this was a fantastic choice! It is not far from Bricktown, but is too far to walk. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you there. The surrounding area is a bit industrial(sp) with a huge petro station next door and freeway also. The outside looks like a typical 2 story motel. The inside is a different story. The staff are 5 star in my opinion. Very helpful, courteous, friendly, etc. My standard king was upgrade to a luxury king with a huge flat screen TV. The bedding and carpet is very plush and comfortable. I had an outside room so I heard a small bit of the freeway traffic but it did not stop me from falling asleep fast in the comfortable king size bed. The bar is a bit small but there are other lounging areas near by if you wanted to get a night cap and relax before heading back to the room. It has a inside court room which is where the outdoor pool is. Included in the price was a extended continental breakfast with fresh made waffle & biscuits with gravy. Yum!

Bricktown is a area that has a lot to do and see. Save your money from the expensive hotels for shopping, eating, massages or whatever and stay at the Bricktown Convention Center.

• Liked — Friendly staff, fantastic room!
  • Disliked — They need to have the outside match the inside. Maybe plant some tall hedges or trees to hide the petro stattion.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
SW Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We just returned home from a four day trip to OKC. The Shriners were having a big convention and our usual hotel was unavailable. We used Priceline to book our stay - and were booked into the Bricktown. I had a little concern - mainly because I was familiar with the area in which the hotel is located. We were most pleasantly surprised. Our room was spotless - everything was perfect. They transported us to and from Ford Center - no looking for a parking place was great. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel at any time - no complaints what so ever.

• Liked — The service offered for the price paid is unrealk! Simply fantastic!
  • Disliked — No complaint
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

Friendly service, and clean, comfortable rooms. Convenient location; it's not within walking distance of Bricktown, but VERY close driving distance. There's a little bar, which is great for unwinding, and the free breakfast has many more options than you might expect. I'd stay there again!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Lubbock, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I checked all the reviews before traveling with my husband to OKC. Our room was clean, and the staff was very professional and courteous (with a lttle personality thrown in). The location is good, but you'll probably want to look at a map or call the front desk instead of following internet directions. The rooms and hallways were quiet the 3 days we were there. (We had planned on staying 2.) The pool looked great but we didn't have time to swim.
The only problem was my husband's laptop was too slow in our room. It would connect but only at dial-up speed. He called the desk 3 times, and was told the tech would have the wi-fi fixed. However, it wasn't fixed before we checked out. Our rate through hotels.com was $62, but I overheard quotes of around $100. Those are the only negative things I can say about the Bricktown Hotel/Conv. Center. The outside isn't much, but the entryway is really nice!
If the wi-fi is fixed we would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Courteous staff/amenities/quietness/food/computer access in lobby
  • Disliked — wi-fi connection in our room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

The room was ok. I dont think they have remodled all the rooms. My room was "clean", but it still had the old bathroom fixtures. The bed was nice a soft. The lobby was very clean and redone. The breakfast was nice. It had very good food. Waffels and biscuts and gravy. I would stay here again. I am not sure I would pay the full price. But with priceline I only payed $50. They did have a shuttle to anywhere you wanted to go, but we did not use it.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!