“Best Buy in Oklahoma City!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center

You added Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 E Reno Avenue, with Free Area Shuttle, Oklahoma City, OK 73117   |
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Best Buy in Oklahoma City!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

For whatever reason (probably oil related) airfare, car rentals and hotels are priced way out-of-line for this city compared to comparable cities. With or without a AAA or AARP discount, this hotel is less than one-half the price of any other chain hotels in the downtown/Bricktown area. When we arrived by airport shuttle and saw the hotel our first impressions were not that positive. Previous reviews have this hotel as rundown or tired. It's neither. It has been partially remodeled and is bare bones. The biggest drawback is its location which is adjacent to two truck stops immediately off the Interstate and across from a Waffle House. Even with this location, the hotel is generally quiet. You will need a car to go anywhere. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service most anywhere except the airport and can take you to Bricktown which is five minutes away. The rooms are clean, air works fine and the staff are friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is passable. If you want to save about $100/night compared to nearby hotels consider the Bricktown. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Marietta, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I booked this hotel just because it was 100 plus dollars cheaper than the others that might have been closer, and when I got there I was a little worried about the dated look of the outside of the building, but look out, the inside of the hotel was beautiful, and CLEAN!! Everyone was very nice, and there was always fresh hot coffee. The bathrooms were a little small, so you might ask for something different if you are handicapped, but other than that, it was well worth the distance to bricktown. (By the way they have the nicest shuttle drivers EVER, and are always happy to take you to and from bricktown, anytime 24 hours a day) I will be back my next visit!~ Pam H

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

While it's a little rundown looking on the outside and dated, very nice on the inside. We like to travel and see the area; a hotel is just a place to shower and sleep for us so we don't spend our money on fancy. This place was affordable, clean and super nice staff. They let us keep our motorcycle right in front and under cover. Hotel has a small bar and after a long day of riding all I wanted was a drink. My husband went down to the bar and brought drinks back to the room while I was freshening up for a night out. The on demand shuttle to bricktown are was wonderful. Our driver was very helpful and recommended restaurants. After dinner we walked to the Memorial and just called the hotel when we were ready to go back. The driver was there within 5 minutes. Continental breakfast was the average fare, but nice and fresh. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay- the staff is awesome and super friendly. The rooms are clean and nice... The breakfast was what we expected. For a stay close to the action with a free shuttle this is the hotel to stay at!

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

First off, don't be persuaded on how this place looks on the outside. It looks a little run down 70's era on the outside....But inside it is REALLY nice! My employer booked this hotel for me to stay at while I was testing and honestly I was a little uneasy about staying here. But once I got inside the doors, it was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very nice and informative, every thing was very clean and orderly. The room was very big and updated recently. Bed was comfortable, TV was a 30" flat screen, and the A/C worked like a champ. It is close to Bricktown, but if I wanted to stay by or in Bricktown I would still get one in Bricktown. This would have been a good alternative. The only thing I didn't like was the shady neighborhood.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Salina ks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were in Oklahoma City for a bachelor party and chose this hotel because of shuttle service and price. It seemed like it used to be a Ramada Inn. Had a outside pool. Also had a small bar. The staff and drivers were top notch and very helpful. The rooms were very big, we had 2 king sized beds in each room with room for another one. Had a chair and a small couch. The beds were comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The showers were not so good, either hot or cold or you could get them just right if you worked at it. The breakfast was standard biscuits & gravy, waffles made for you by the staff, cereal, juice ,milk, French toast, bagels, apples, and bananas. The shuttles run 24/7 and all you had to do was call the hotel and tell them to come get you as long as it was in the bricktown area. I do think they would take you to the zoo also. It probably could use some updates, was an ok hotel, great for bachelor and bachelorette parties if you don't want to pay the more expensive prices for hotels actually at bricktown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My best friend and I chose to stay at The Bricktown Hotel for my birthday party weekend. I have stayed at this hotel once before and received excellent service. There are no words to describe the amazing hospitality, customer service and care that went into our stay. We were greeted promptly and shown where our room was located. One awesome feature at this hotel was the shuttle service, the hotel proves to all the major attractions in the heart of Bricktown. I loved that the hotel is not right in the middle of Bricktown, where it can be a hassle to even get in and out of at times. The staff took care of every request we had. I enjoyed the breakfast the next morning and I am 1000% sure we will be staying at The Bricktown Hotel for our many more trips to the Bricktown area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!