“Do NOT judge by the outside.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center

You added Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 E Reno Avenue, with Free Area Shuttle, Oklahoma City, OK 73117   |
Ranked #44 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Tulsa, OK
“Do NOT judge by the outside.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I bought a night in this hotel on a groupon deal so i could have somewhere to stay when i went outlet shopping and out to Bricktown. When i got in to town and pulled up to the hotel, i about threw up. The outside of this hotel is DREADFUL and definately got the feeling i was in "the hood". Note to management: REMODEL THE HOTEL! The outside surely scares people away. I would never in a million years drive by the hotel and think it was a safe place to stay. When you walk in though all worries went away, it is a very nice hotel and the free shuttle service was SUCH a perk. I loved not having to worry about driving or paying for a cab. The shuttle picked us up around 9:30pm and took us to bricktown, then picked us up to take back to the hotel around 2:30am. If you are going to bricktown at all this is a great hotel for a good price. The beds were pretty good as well, especially for a hotel. Room was spacious and comfortable. But like i said, the outside seriously needs some work.

Room Tip: Make sure you request the king sized room if you are a couple, they try to give the queen sized for...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
hotelokc, Owner at Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks for your comments. As i have mentioned in a previous response, our future plans for the Hotel include a “knock out” renovation to the exterior so we will look as good on the outside as we do on the inside. Unfortunately, our exterior renovation plans were disrupted by a tornado two years ago throwing our scheduled improvements “out the window” and our continued battle with the insurance giant to try and reach a settlement and get back on track. Our Free Shuttle Service to the Downtown / Bricktown area, Ou Medical Center, the OKC Zoo and other area attractions is one of our biggest assets. And as you observed, our friendly staff, clean rooms and continental breakfast go a long way to making your stay a favorable one. We appreciate any guest comments and welcome suggestions for areas we can improve on. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

From the front desk who greeted me with a smile to the breakfast staff who cooked our waffles to the shuttle driver who took great care of my physically impaired mother this is a place that understands service! FREE shuttle with the kindest driver who took great care of me and my infirmed mother. Clean, quiet, accommodating.

Room Tip: 1st floor room overlooking the pool in the winter months are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel is very clean and staff were friendly and helpful. They have a free shuttle service which was awesome, great value for under $100.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The overnight trip at Bricktown hotel was not a dissappointment at all. The staff is one of the most friendly and helpful of any place I have ever stayed. The shuttle was timely and such a great ammenity. For the money it is definetly a nice facility, nice quite little bar area, great breakfast..nice clean rooms. Definitely better than the cover shows to be!!

Room Tip: didnt check to see if there was even fitness center on site. Husband did complain there was a littl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

For our anniversary I had just given birth to a new baby girl and my husband made secret arrangements for the care and to take me away for the night. We pulled into the Hotel and I said I gave you a daughter and you gave me this? We went ahead and went in and instantly we knew we were at the right place. The instant feeling of welcomeness was met by the great staff. Misty and Sheila thank you for making my anniversary special and to their amazing shuttle drivers. Who would have thought a FREE SHUTTLE to Bricktown - no parking hasstles just nothing but personal service. AMAZED.

Room Tip: Tell the desk just what you want and they will make it happen for you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was Not disappointed that this hotel was not in the heart of Bricktown. After a fun and exciting evening at Bricktown, I called for the shuttle the hotel offered for pickup. The driver was very nice and patient. When we got back to the hotel it was nice to have a quite and comfortable place to be at. I could not imagine how loud the rooms must be staying right in the heart of Bricktown. I must commend the staff at our hotel. The night manager went above and beyond duty to help me find a OK Thunder t-shirt. With it being Sunday morning not many sport stores were open, but he knew of one..called to confirm they were open..and personally took us to the store!! A big thank you to your hotel and hospitality. Yes I would recommend others to stay there!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was a little nervous about staying at this hotel after reading some of the reviews on here. I have to say my boyfriend and I were very pleased by this experience. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, the complimentary breakfast was great and the free shuttle was my favorite part! It is the main reason we chose this hotel, and we were able to easily hang out in Bricktown without spending a small fortune to stay at one of the hotels that is actually in Bricktown. The shuttle was available 24/7 and they even made it available to us after we checked out on Sunday. It made the stress of finding places in an unknown city and parking obsolete. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
hotelokc, Owner at Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thanks for your comments. Our future plans for the Hotel include a “knock out” renovation to the exterior so we will look as good on the outside as we do on the inside. Unfortunately, our exterior renovation plans were disrupted by a tornado two years ago throwing our scheduled improvements “out the window” and our continued battle with the insurance giant to try and reach a settlement and get back on track. Our Free Shuttle Service to the Downtown / Bricktown area, Ou Medical Center, the OKC Zoo and other area attractions is one of our biggest assets. And as you observed, our friendly staff, clean rooms and continental breakfast go a long way to making your stay a favorable one. We appreciate any guest comments and welcome suggestions for areas we can improve on. Thanks.

Been to Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!