“Lack of humanity!! Manager needs training in customer service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3141 NW Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK 73112   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #51 of 143 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Texas
“Lack of humanity!! Manager needs training in customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The experience was horrible. The staff was unwilling to help me with my situation and basically said "sorry deal with it". No where in their literature, on their web site or on the many phone conversations did they EVER mention that you must be 21 to rent a room. My son and his friend, both freshman in college, had gone to see a minor league hockey game, to get away from campus for a weekend. I had spoken with the front desk multiple times, requested my confirmation 3 times, they had put in the wrong email address and NEVER was a comment made regarding their age requirement. No where on their web site or on any documentation sent to me, that confirmed my reservation and clearly defined their cancelation policy, did it ever mention the need to be 21 to stay. This is my only child and I had never had to get a room for him alone before. At 10:30pm after the hockey game and after the hotel had charged my credit card for 2 nights stay, my son called and said they would not allow them to check in and stay the night. I spoke with the manager, who was incredibly rude, and asked if they could stay that night and I would make other arrangements for Saturday night. He adamantly said NO. I asked if he had children and he said yes. I asked what would he do in this situation? He said "I would have asked before I booked the room". I said "lesson learned", but for now I was 6 hours away and the boys were 4 hours from campus, they clearly could not drive back to school, we did not know anyone in Oklahoma and I didn't know what to do. I certainly did not want the boys sleeping in a parking lot in their car. I needed them to have a safe place for the night and we would figure out the rest. The manager said, "sorry they can't stay here". When I asked if he had any suggestions on where I could put them up for the night he said "they can't stay here", no suggestion, no help. This was unbelievable to me. My son and his friend went out to the car while I got on the phone to see if another hotel would allow them to stay. I found the Best Western in Oklahoma City and they were AMAZING! They did not even hesitate once to assist me and I was able to scan my information, sign a document taking full responsibility for the room rented and they gladly welcomed and allowed my son and his friend to stay 2 nights. The boys saw 2 minor league hockey games, stayed 2 nights at the Best Western and enjoyed getting away from campus for a weekend! I will NEVER recommend or stay at the Country Inn and Suites. I am telling everyone I know how rude and unhelpful the management was and letting them know the lack of compassion he had for a parent trying to make sure their son was safe for the night. By the way I am having to dispute the $180.00 they had charged the credit card even though they turned my son away. Be ware their web site and documentation does not fully disclose all of their policies and they do not take any responsibility for not making their preferences known. I do not recommend this establishment, however, I strongly recommend the BEST WESTERN!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Scott P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Ellen, we do apologize for the troubles you, your son, and his friend faced while visiting Oklahoma City. It is the front desk staff's responsibility to let all guests know about our policy regarding guest age and they did indeed fail to do so. There was also no need for the front desk to charge your credit card. Your credit card has been credited with the amount it was charged on 4/14. The front desk agent responsible has also been reprimanded for saying he was the GM. Our GM Glenda Bowen has left a message for you as well to apologize on our hotels behalf.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

stayed here with a friend before a dr visit at the hospital across the street. staff was great, recommended places to eat that were close. nice breakfast. outside pool was closed. used the business center to print directions. would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Scott P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Theoktravler thank you for your taking the time to write about your experience and giving us a 5 star review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We go a long way in making sure all of our guests leave with a wonderful experience. We hope everything went well with the doctor’s visit. Take care!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is in a convenient location near the interstate, with many restaurants, a Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, Walgreens, and CVS nearby. It only takes minutes to get to downtown OKC from here.
The complimentary breakfast was awesome, during my two night stay they had omelettes, waffles, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. You can tell they put some thought into what they offer for breakfast as it's not the same scrambled eggs and sausage patties every day like you see at many hotels.
My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and shower was hot. The air conditioning/heating unit is controlled by a thermostat on the wall and kept the room a consistently comfortable temperature and was not noisy at all.
You could slightly hear guests in neighboring rooms if they were loud, but the rooms kept out most normal noise. There are not a lot of rooms on each floor as the building it tall but not wide, so there isn't a lot of foot traffic by your room.
The staff was very friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs.
You may find the rooms a bit crowded if you have 3 or 4 people in a room, but it was only noticeable when someone was sitting at the desk since the desk is in front of the bed so there was not a lot of room to walk by when someone was seated there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Travellalott thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. Thank you for the kind words for the Be Our Guest hot breakfast buffet. We love offering our guests as many choices as possible to help get their day off to a proper start. Being close to countless restaurants and shopping centers is indeed another bonus for our guests. Please do come back soon should your travels bring you back into Oklahoma City.
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

On arrival my booking via booking.com was not on the system, but John on reception got things sorted for me and even upgraded me to a superior room. I was surprised at the low percentage for this hotel, as i could not fault it in anyway. The price was very competitive, the rooms excellent and the fitness room was adequate. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was really good. All the staff were more than helpful and I would definitely return here again. A great Hooters restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Yorkie1948 thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are glad that John was able to sort out the reservation mishap. We take great pride in offering our guests a great experience and a reasonable price.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have stayed here many times when attending horse shows. Our room is always super clean, comfortable and a good value. They even let us have our little Yorkie in our room (shhh it is a secret). Everyone is usually very friendly and they seem to be happy that you are their guest. Now that we live here, we do not have a reason to stay here anymore. Maybe with our review of their hotel, others will give it a try.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Steve thank you for the kind words about the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with our amazing staff and wonderful ammenities. Hope to see you here soon!
Mitchell, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had not even stayed here and had booked with a 3rd party vendor (priceline) rooms at this hotel...long story made short here: our event got cancelled and so I believed I would be losing a good sum of money for the amount of rooms and duration of my anticipated stay due to the normal terms and policies of the 3rd party vendor (priceline). I called the hotel, asked for the manager and SHE WENT WAY BEYOND WHAT MOST MANAGERS WOULD HAVE DONE TO HELP ME OUT AND REMEDY THE SITUATION!!! I was excited and it speaks volumes about the character of the employees here for being so accommodating to their guests -- even prior to their arrival! The point of this story...avoid the stupid 3rd party vendors like priceline and just call up the hotel directly, they will treat you right! The employees here exemplify and embody the true "southern hospitality" that I have seen several other reviewers also refer to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Adam thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. Our GM Glenda Bowen is always willing to make sure guests are satisfied whether it was a fault to the hotel or not. We most certainly try to make sure everyone’s experience lets them know the true meaning of southern hospitality.
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Country Inn & Suites from 21 Feb thru 25 Feb, 2014.
The location was very convenient to restaurants, hospitals, shopping malls and other points of interest in the city. The hotel staff made our stay enjoyable. The room was cleaned daily, the bed very confortable. We stayed on 2nd floor near the elevator and the room overlooked the expressway, however we heard no noise, the area was very quiet. The breakfast had a variety of both hot and cold items. Overall for the price we were well pleased with our stay there and would recommend to anyone traveling to OKC.

Room Tip: For a handicap acessable room, we stayed in #205, very quiet but convenient to the elevator. Also th...