The experience was horrible. The staff was unwilling to help me with my situation and basically said "sorry deal with it". No where in their literature, on their web site or on the many phone conversations did they EVER mention that you must be 21 to rent a room. My son and his friend, both freshman in college, had gone to see a minor league hockey game, to get away from campus for a weekend. I had spoken with the front desk multiple times, requested my confirmation 3 times, they had put in the wrong email address and NEVER was a comment made regarding their age requirement. No where on their web site or on any documentation sent to me, that confirmed my reservation and clearly defined their cancelation policy, did it ever mention the need to be 21 to stay. This is my only child and I had never had to get a room for him alone before. At 10:30pm after the hockey game and after the hotel had charged my credit card for 2 nights stay, my son called and said they would not allow them to check in and stay the night. I spoke with the manager, who was incredibly rude, and asked if they could stay that night and I would make other arrangements for Saturday night. He adamantly said NO. I asked if he had children and he said yes. I asked what would he do in this situation? He said "I would have asked before I booked the room". I said "lesson learned", but for now I was 6 hours away and the boys were 4 hours from campus, they clearly could not drive back to school, we did not know anyone in Oklahoma and I didn't know what to do. I certainly did not want the boys sleeping in a parking lot in their car. I needed them to have a safe place for the night and we would figure out the rest. The manager said, "sorry they can't stay here". When I asked if he had any suggestions on where I could put them up for the night he said "they can't stay here", no suggestion, no help. This was unbelievable to me. My son and his friend went out to the car while I got on the phone to see if another hotel would allow them to stay. I found the Best Western in Oklahoma City and they were AMAZING! They did not even hesitate once to assist me and I was able to scan my information, sign a document taking full responsibility for the room rented and they gladly welcomed and allowed my son and his friend to stay 2 nights. The boys saw 2 minor league hockey games, stayed 2 nights at the Best Western and enjoyed getting away from campus for a weekend! I will NEVER recommend or stay at the Country Inn and Suites. I am telling everyone I know how rude and unhelpful the management was and letting them know the lack of compassion he had for a parent trying to make sure their son was safe for the night. By the way I am having to dispute the $180.00 they had charged the credit card even though they turned my son away. Be ware their web site and documentation does not fully disclose all of their policies and they do not take any responsibility for not making their preferences known. I do not recommend this establishment, however, I strongly recommend the BEST WESTERN!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, OK, you can choose from accommodations that include both standard rooms and spacious suites with amenities like 40 inch flat screen TV's with over 120 cable channels, free Wi-Fi, a lending library, an outdoor pool and a complimentary breakfast every morning. This hotel's property is near the Bricktown District in Oklahoma City, which means you're just minutes from exciting venues such as Remington Park. If you're hosting a conference in the area, we also boast a large 1200 square foot meeting facility with everything you need to make your event a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Carlson, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Northwest Expressway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Hotel Oklahoma City
- Country Inn And Suites Oklahoma City
- Country Inn Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Country Inn