“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Arlington,TX
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

I looked far and wide to find a hotel that had an indoor pool that was actually heated---13 others with indoor pools were not heated--- and was assured by TJ the desk clerk on duty that it was and he went on to give me a run down on other amenities for his hotel. I booked the room online for a weekend outing with my grandson. When we arrived at the hotel I was impressed with the cleanliness and layout of the lobby/breakfast areas. Our room was the type requested in the reservation and was fresh and clean. We next went to check the pool---just as TJ had promised---comfortable temperture, sparkling clear water,clean deck and plenty of full size towels. The breakfast area was well maintained and had a good vareity of items. We had a great stay and have booked a room for another family outing next week. Would highly recommend----best IHG hotel I've stayed in in OKC

• Liked — Very clean and a friendly staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
okchotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
I want to thank you for your review - we look forward to making your future stay with us a complete success.

You can always count on us being your hotel of choice in Oklahoma City.

Gabby Trad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

I'm not really sure where to begin. I called the Holiday Inn in Oct. of 2006. I told them that I was getting married and would be having many out of town guests needing a place to stay. I asked if I could reserve a block of rooms and if there would be any kind of a discounted rate. I reserved a block of 20 rooms and was told that everyone would recieve a rate of $67 per night as long as the rooms were booked by March 1st, 2007 and that they stated they were making a reservation for our wedding. At first I was very pleased with the service. Everything seemed to go very smoothly. My friends and family were making reservations and getting confirmation numbers saying that they would only be charged $67. It wasn't until January 2007 when a relative called to inform me that they had been told that the rate was wrong and they would be charged $84 per night. At this point my mother called the hotel to see what the confusion was. She spoke with a very polite receptionist who told her that if we were told $67 then it should not be a problem and that is the price that should be honored. She then explained that she did not have the authority to override or change prices but transfered my mother to the General Managers voice mail because he wasn't there (nor does he ever seem to be.) My mom explained the situation, left her contact information, my home phone number and my cell phone number. He was suppose to be in later that afternoon. He never called back. I waited 2 weeks before I tried again. Surprise, he wasn't there. So I left another message. He did not return my call. My fiance called the following day and left yet another message. He did not return his call. I then called for the fourth time and left ANOTHER message. When that call wasn't returned I called the corporate hotline. Corporate then called the GM and told him to call me. They said if he didn't call me by 4pm that day, to call the corporate line again. No surprise, 4pm came and went with no call from the manager. One of my relatives, with a confirmation number who had been told she would recieve the rate of $67, called to double check her rate. The receptionist was very rude and told her that she had been told the wrong price because "that girl only works one day of the week and doesn't know what she's doing." My aunt then asked why no one had called to tell her of the error and the rude receptionist had no answer. Because this was a franchise issue corporate couldn't override the pricing problem. They then sent an email to the manager telling him to resolve the situation and call us back. We waited a week and still didn't receive a phone call. Finally, someone from the corporate office called my fiance back and said that the manager had called them back and explained that the $67 was mis quoted and was the rate used for state and federal employees. $84 was the standard group rate. Even after 6 messages I had not recieved a single call from the manager. Not one.
After I thought the situation was somewhat resolved, not at all to my satifaction, another relative made a reservation and was told that she would recieve the $67 rate. I then thought that the Holiday Inn had decided to honor their original price. It wasn't until check out when all of my friends and family were slammed with the higher rate. When they complained they were told that only the manager could change the bill. He wasn't there. Several of my group were told they would not be charged until the manager changed the bill only to find that they were still charged the higher rate.

This hotel and it's employees lied on several different occassions. They only thing we agree on is that I was misquoted in price. So I guess I'm come out of this situation feeling like I, along with my friends and family, was scammed. People were told one rate and charged another. People were told the bills were going to be changed only to be charged the higher amount.

The general manager has still not called anyone back. Do not stay here.

Stayed March 2007
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

I have to say I am very impressed with this hotel. The hotel is obviously new and the one thing that stood out is that everything was CLEAN. The lobby, sitting area, breakfast area, pool area, and especially the room. The only draw back is finding the entrance to the parking lot from road. Other than that, it was great. We will definetly be returning if ever back in OKC.

• Liked — Everything was clean
  • Disliked — Access from the road
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2006

This was our fifth or sixth stay at this hotel. We love it here. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Great breakfast. Reasonable rates. We'll stay again! Highly recommended

Stayed May 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq? Share your experiences!