“Great Hotel & "Big Dog" Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   309 S. Meridian, Oklahoma City, OK 73108   |
Ranked #88 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
USA
“Great Hotel & "Big Dog" Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City. Both times I have been highly impressed. The hotel is "no frills" but I have found the rooms to be extremely clean, rather new and comfortable. As a solo female traveler, I feel very safe at the hotel. I have found the hotel staff to be extremely personable and nice.

The hotel is "big dog" friendly and does not charge extra for a dog to stay in the room. The hotel even has two grassy areas for my hound to do his stuff.

The hotel is situated near I-40 but is far enough away that you do not hear the highway traffic at night. The hotel is in close proximity to several good restaurants including Cracker Barrell, Denny's, On the Border and McDonals (which is ideal for breakfast).

I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler traveling through the Oklahoma City area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you! Your abundantly generous review will be a great encouragement to our team! It's very good to know that we can provide exactly what you need for your trips that take your through OKC. We are waiting for some specific materials to arrive (supposedly this week) and we are going to start a remodel of our rooms. My hope is that we will have it done by the second week of February. The next time you come through we hope to provide you with a new room experience. Remember if you need anything or have any questins dont' hesitate to call us! Thank you again for your kind review and your time, have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010 via mobile

I don't see how so many people had such bad experiences. All the staff has been very courteous and more than helpful! The manager even helped me when I had car trouble!! Is there better service than that? I think not! The ladies and gentlemen that work at the front desk are very friendly and made me feel at home. Also the security that was there at night made me feel safe. To say the least I had a wonderful stay and would gladly return!

• Stayed November 2010
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Thank you for your kind review! We do put a lot of effort into making that our guests are as comfortable as possible. I will make sure to share this with our front desk staff for some extra encouragement! You are always welcome back and we hope to be able to continually provide you with excellent service. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review about us, hope to see you soon!
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

the staff is not to be trusted, keep your valuables in your car or better yet stay at different motel
i have been a loyal red roof inn customer, this property has changed my loyalties

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
It is very unfortunate that Tripadvisor has become a means of retalliation from guests who are removed for causing problems that effect our peaceable guests. It is especially bad when a guest threatens to falsify a negative report on this website if they are not given a free room. However, we will not lower our standards and cause problems for our valued guests; we will continue to remove problem guests at the risk of enduring false accusations.
Placentia, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I decided to stay here on our way back to California from W Virginia.
The attendants were very friendly and helpful to us. The sweet lady recommended great places for use to eat and see that evening.
The room we stayed in had all the very nice, but had a weird smell. I didnt mind the smell much but my girlfriend almost convinced me to ask for another room. The room was decently clean and our stay felt safe.
What we didnt like was that it appeared that our neighbor was a prostitute, with several men coming in and out. We could not confirm it but would like to point that out that it was a possibility. Another issue that we had was that on several occasions there were men and women out in the parking lot drinking. It didnt bother me much, but sometimes alcohol could make the worse out of some people. So perhaps this is not a family oriented establishment.
Other then that, our room was great. However, I would be a bit iffy about recommending this place to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
I'm very glad to see that your stay was pretty good overall. Clean rooms and a comfy bed are what we strive to achieve. To address the issues you encountered, I would always advise contacting the front desk no matter what time of day. Most hotels have 24 hour staff and most will strive to make sure you're happy. As far as the questionable neighbors, we have a patrolling security. If you report the heavy traffic, that is another problem that we can solve. I'm so sorry that you had to be bothered with it in the first place but I hope to convey that it is not a frequent issue and not an unsolvable one. The next time you are in the area please give us another opportunity to earn a perfect score. Thank you once again for your review, we hope to see you soon!
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We do travel quite a lot. Often times we stay in Hilton, Mariott, Double Tree, Westin etc. We did not realize the economy hotels are such a good bargain and with all the amenities which the high end hotels offer.

Staff and manager in Red Roof Inn provide excellent services, very courteous and considerate. We had such a wonderful rate for the whole week stay that was one night cost for us in Westin in San Francisco. I don't know where else can you find such a bargain. The room was comfortable, cozy, and clean. The location was a plus it's not far from the airport and restaurants. The experience made our trip very enjoyable, definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
We certainly appreciate your kind words. I'm very pleased to know that our staff was able to provide you with a relaxing, enjoyable stay. The next time you are in OKC we would be more than happy to have you back with us!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Chose based on cost and decent reviews, location was decent but the room was awful!!! Supposed to be non-smoking but had a stench of of mold and cigarettes!! Beds sank almost to the floor!! Floors were filthy!! Parking lot was awful with very narrow spaces!! Awful experience and will never stay in another red roof!!!

• Stayed June 2010
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
I am so sorry that we even have to have this dialogue, I hope we resolve this issue and you will give us another chance to earn your business. It is unfortunate to receive such a negative response for our property. We have not had any negative reviews for over a year. I was not aware of these issues, I hope that we can discover which room this incident occured in to prevent any future problems. I truly hope this was some sort of misunderstanding as I am not aware of any rooms in the condition that was described. Thank you for taking the time for an open, honest, review. If these claims are legitimate I will make sure that every issue will be adressed and remedied.
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Usually Red Roof Inns are a real value for the money. However, The one here in Oklahoma City is a real disappointment. I should learn that any hotel that mentions "fairgrounds" in it's description is not going to be good.

Upon arriving I was told that I couldn't use my AAA for a discount because the girl didn't note it when I made the reservation. After some discussion about the matter I did get the discount but not without hearing what a favor he was doing by giving it to me.

Upon entering the room the first things I noticed was that the recliner was broken and laying in the open position. Also the light in the vanity area did not work. When maintenance came to change out the light tubes he dumped dead flies all over the vanity and left them there.

There were large stains on the floor and also on the (clean?) bath mat. Long black hairs were on the shower wall, and the soap dispenser mounted on the same wall indicated to me that this hotel's market was local homeless people rather than experienced travelers.

The parking lot was littered with beer bottles and bottles - even a gallon jug filled with what I can only assume was urine. Where there was anything but pavement were tall weeds.

Normally I find Red Roof an excellent value for the money. This one should be an embarrassment to the chain. Next time I'll keep driving.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
This is the first time I have heard any such claims and I hope that it will be the last. I am baffled at some of these incidents. Any one of these specific events would be valid for a write up for various staff members and possibly an immediate termination. I must assume that nothing was reported to our front desk or guest relations. I just look at previous reviews of our hotel and then read this one and something isn't adding up. I am very sorry to disappoint you, please understand my hesitance is due to the uncharacteristic nature of your review and I will do what I can to discover what did or did not happen in order to fix this.

Been to Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!