“Pass Through on Route 66” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #77 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Overland Park, Kansas
“Pass Through on Route 66”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

For and older motel this was pretty clean. The staff at check in and check out were very nice. Very comfortable and quite room. Breakfast was good with hot and cold cereals, eggs, and muffins. Would stay here again if in Ok City.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Valencia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

It's a very comfortable room although the bathroom is a bit tight. The addition of warm food (egg and sausage) to the morning breakfast was delightful. All the help were very friendly and efficient. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Found this deal when traveling to OKC for a TSO concert. Rooms are not large but cleverly arranged to maximize space and convenience. So many little extra touches for a hotel this small and with a low price point. The location was not great for me but worth the fifteen minute drive from Bricktown. It might be perfect for others' needs.

• Stayed December 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a rare jewel, as far as we're concerned. Located just off NW Expressway near May Ave, it is difficult to get to, which may account for it's low room rates. Otherwise, it is a very good choice.
Room is small, but very well appointed. Very pleasing in every way. Good TV, comfortable bed and clean throughout. Good internet connections. Very good breakfast. NW expressway is a 6 lane street here, and you can only get off from the NW side, right lane. (there is also an entrance from May north of the expressway) It is on the south side of the Petroleum tower, next door. Street has small sign. We will definitely stay here again. Also surprisingly quiet.

Room Tip: 3 floors with elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have found Comfort Inns in America are usually very nice motor lodges. The room I had was OK but my stay experience was very poor. Let me elaborate.

The room was a typical Comfort Inn room. But there was not much light in the room, only three lamps. One lamp was at the desk, one floor lamp was at the entry and there was only one lamp in the bed area. The window curtain was torn. For my reservation I requested a quiet room on the top floor as I find the top floor is usually the quietest and no one is in a room above you. And I wanted a room on whatever passed for the “quiet side” of the motel (I was not sure which side that was as I had never been to this Comfort Inn before). What I was assigned was the handicapped room on the first floor that faced the street. They told me that they were full that night so someone had to get the handicapped room. Well, maybe so, but I don’t think anyone was ever in the room next to mine and I would have heard someone if they were since I was up well into the night (more on that below). And besides, my written room request was there with my reservation which I made before my arrival, which apparently they never looked at.

Now the big problem. The motel sits across the street from a night club named “Groovys” and “Groovys” was pumping out music all evening. They may have been broadcasting their music outdoors since the whole party scene had spilled out into their parking lot. Since I could not sleep (try as I might) I looked out of my window and I could see what looked to be at least twenty people holding drinks out in the parking lot getting their “groove” on. I have to think I could have got some sleep if my room had been on the other side of the motel.

So I had a miserable experience: Comfort Inns are not cheap and the only sleep I got was after midnight. You need to get a room on the side of the motel away from the street that faces the parking lot if you want to get sleep. (I was there on a Saturday night so maybe “Groovys” is not so active Monday-Thursday but I don’t know.)

Room Tip: You absolutely must get a room on the parking lot side of this Comfort Inn, not the street side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
bridgeport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Awful! We couldn't even stay, had to leave and find another hotel. We went through 3 different rooms before we left. The second room was in bad disrepair. The bed was broken, with a long metal piece sticking out into the very small space between the beds. The third room was held wide open by a filthy, wet towel when we arrived. Showers were dirty. Trash was on the floors throughout the hallways.
When requesting our money back, my husband was told to [--]-off by the owner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gmok102, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Founders Tower, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Guest had a Pre-paid third party reservation. He was not satisfied with the room assigned Front desk tried to accommodate but none of the rooms was acceptable. Guest insisted we refund his money explained that his payment would be refunded by the organization that booked his room and collected his payment. Guest insisted we give him his cash back or he would not leave. GM told guest to leave or the police would be called. The third party website did issue his refund the next day.
burlingame kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel because it was close to the Museum. It was clean, we had a king bed, very comfortable. The price was reasonable. Staff was friendly, the breakfast could have been better, the orange juice was not fit to drink. The rest of the food was OK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn at Founders Tower? Share your experiences!