“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Southeastern PA
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

The staff is wonderful here. They were friendly, accomodating, and often went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Although there is no transportation to the airport, there is a van onsite that will take you to nearby points of interest (restaurants, for example.) The driver will pick you up when you're ready to return to the hotel, also.
The rooms were very nice, the beds comfortable, and everything was clean. My only complaint was the exercise facility--the chlorine in the air from the indoor swimming pool permeated the entire exercise "suite." The odor was so strong I couldn't stay in the area without coughing.
We ate breakfast in the hotel and it was OK. There was a buffet of astonishing variety for $12.99, or you could order items a la carte. The portions were very large (the fruit plate was huge!). My only complaint was that the pancakes were supposed to be served with banana frangipane and the waffles were supposed to have a vanilla marscapone. When I asked our waitress about these items, she told me they didn't really exist. The pancakes and waffles were served plain, although there were a few fresh berries on the side. The pancakes tasted like they were made from a mix that had not been stirred very well. The waffles were much better.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the hotel. I highly recommend it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

I stayed at the Renaissance for a 25th high school reunion. It was lovely with a huge atrium with ponds and koi. The reception staff was super friendly and helpful on several occasions. Our room had a nice view of Bricktown which was a five minute walk away. The only problem with the view were huge handprint smears all over the glass, and a huge pile of cigarette butts in the corner outside the window. I reported both of these to management and they were very apologetic and said they would be cleaned immediately. I never doublechecked but I assume that it did get cleaned. The bed was fantastically comfortable and the bathroom was large and well appointed with top end toiletries. The hotel was amazingly quiet despite all the rooms being on the atrium.

I would definitely stay here again, the location was excellent and the general quality of the hotel was definitely 4 star.

• Liked — Wonderful staff, great location
  • Disliked — Dirty windows
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

Location is perfect for Bricktown. Staff was great and upgraded us when they found out it was our anniversary. I would recommend for couples or business people not wanting loads of kids at pool and in lobby. This is a first class hotel and costly if family is looking for economy and plenty of children's activities in area.

• Stayed July 2006
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

The location is very good, right downtown and walking distance from the new downtown resturaunt zone. I stayed here on a business trip. The room was comfortable and large. The service was good, the staff nice and the room was clean. I was sort of surprised by the frayed carpet in my room (given that the hotel is pricey for OK City), and I was also surprised by the florescent light next to the bed -- not the best for reading in my opinion. They hotel gym was ok, but not spectacular.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

Stayed here on a recent business trip to Oklahoma City and found this to be a nice place. Open courtyard-type atrium hotel, nice Renaissance rooms, helpful staff. Fitness center had both free weights and nautilis machines, not to mention stair climbers and treadmills. Plus a pool and jacuzzi and a decent little restaurant. Only complaint was that there isn't a business center on site ... you have to walk across some bridge and then into some building. Just bizarre. Other than that, good place.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

We stayed here for just one night for our 5 year anniversary. It was a Friday night and we arrived at the hotel at about 11pm. We self-parked at a meter (no cost) just around the corner from the hotel. My husband had booked our room online with a discount applied (only $66 for a standard king room). I e-mailed the hotel 1-2 days before our arrival and asked them if there was any way they could do something special for our anniversary. I anticipated a free breakfast or movie or maybe chocolate-covered strawberries in the room. Instead, they upgraded our reservation to the Presidential Suite at no extra charge! It was the best anniversary we have ever spent. The view from the room was fantastic. The balcony was little-bitty, but who needs that when you have the giant room? The restaurants & night life of bricktown, as well as the National Memorial, Cox Convention Center, Myriad, & "Riverwalk" area are just down or across the street, so the location is great too. We were planning on going out to bricktown that evening, but instead we stayed in our room all night long to truly enjoy the experience. Very rarely do we splurge on fancy hotel rooms, so this was truly a treat for us both.

We actually stayed at this same hotel on our wedding night in 2000 & paid about $165 for a junior suite & "sweetheart" package (bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries & free breakfast & movie), which we thought was a great value at the time. Now 5 years later, we receive this complimentary upgrade to their best room in the hotel. What more could we have asked for? We loved our stay, we loved the staff, and we will DEFINITELY be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2005
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the Cox Convention Center. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My husband accompanied me for this stay. We had a room with a king size bed on the 5th floor. We had a great view of Bricktown. They hotel is within walking distance to Bricktown- an area filled with restaurants, a riverwalk, baseball field, movie theater, etc. It is connected to the Cox Convention Center which makes it easy to run back to your room between meetings.

The bed was fabulous! It had a feather down comforter, about 7 pillows, and a chenille through. The bathroom was nice and clean. They had Bath & Body Works products. Yeah! The rooms have coffee pots, but they charge for their coffe, so bring your own if you want to save $$$.

We enjoyed the indoor pool and my husband used the exercise room. The pool & exercise room are open 24 hours a day.

Overall, we had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel? Share your experiences!