“Pricey but delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ludivine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 1,432 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Tapas, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th & Hudson
Norman, Oklahoma
“Pricey but delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I went to Ludivine recently, and it was an interesting experience. First, they seated us at the food bar when we explicitly called ahead and asked for a table. Also, nothing was available when we first arrived, so we had to sit at the drink bar for awhile (which is very cool). The drinks were fantastic. The menu changes daily, and the food is all local. I had barramundi, and I loved it. The salad was good as well. However, our meal was quite expensive, and this food was not extraordinary. This is a nice restaurant to frequent on occasion, but it's not one of my favorites. There are plenty of other places with less expensive food that is still scrumptious (and possibly local).

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Local produce, eclectic dishes...a fabulous place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We went for dinner with my husband because somebody recommended this place downtown and we're very well impressed. First of all they change the menu almost daily so you can check it on the Internet and see if you feel like eating some of their dishes. They have a small menu which I thought it was a brilliant idea instead of those never ending menus...
Lee, our waitress, was very friendly and she knew everything about dishes and cocktails. She was very nice and on top of everything too! We shared the Charcuterie (trio of country pate, chicken liver mousse and pork rillete) as an appetizer and was very tasty and perfect for two or three. They could try a mix of breads or crackers not only baguette. It was brought on the cold side, which I understand, but they can put it closer to the oven or closer to the stove whenever somebody order it and it will taste way better. Lee was bringing toasted french baguette without even asking :-) We tried two different cocktails and they were very interesting because of their ingredients and the way they mixed them. And good selection of wines and beers.
For then main course I ordered the Red Fish on Papillote and was delicious, tasty, not overcooked and with a bed of gorgeous vegetables. The portion was on the big side but I gave some to my husband and he loved it too! He ordered the Airline Chicken and was very tender and yummy. He enjoyed the mix of flavors and the presentation was awesome too.
We saved a little space for dessert and ordered the Peach Cobbler with home made semifreddo for two. First I tried the dough that looked good and didn't say anything until my husband tried some. Then we agree that it was blend and tasteless...I was a little surprised because the fruit was very sweet and juicy but didn't match the boring crust. Do they forgot the sugar??? I wonder...We left the top and ate the fruit with a great local cup of coffee that was brought on a Cafetiere just for us!
It was a very nice dinner, overall, but they could have done better with the dessert...
I'm glad that I was wearing a sleeveless dress because the restaurant was on the warmer side. Also, the kitchen fans, were not powerful enough and we kept smelling all the dishes that they cooked all night long. Is good to see what they're doing there but you don't want to smell garlic or fried bacon when you're eating dessert and drinking coffee.
We'll be back to enjoy some more eclectic food cooked very well!
We'll check the bar next time that was very busy too and at the back of the place :-)

• Visited July 2011