“Good pizza, wine and decor” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Upper Crust features wood fired pizzas
Description: Upper Crust features wood fired pizzas
Oklahoma City
“Good pizza, wine and decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

First time ever on a Tuesday night - a bottle of wine and a pizza for $25. And the wine wasn't half bad. The pizza is always very flavorful and for a pizza place they have a pretty decent wine list.

Visited July 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Place but lacking in value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely the "it" pizza place in OKC and especially Edmond right now. I got the margeritta pizza and some mozz sticks. Both were excellent but at $26 after tip I was expecting a larger pizza. The garlic chips on the pizza were incredible. Great atmosphere. I recommend doing the curbside carry out if you don't want to fight the weekend crowd.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good food and service, but over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been to both locations (Classen Curve and Edmond), the atmosphere is pretty much the same at both, which I liked. However, the prices are a bit on the high side. Two 12" thin crust pies, garlic bread, and two drinks came to $55 before tip. Each pie is about enough to fill one adult (maybe one or two slices left over), one of ours was $15.50 and the other was $18. One was really good and the other was so-so. Decent beverage selection. All in all, not really worth the $60+ after tip.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
“Not just good pizza. ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant not only has great pizza but excellent appetizers and salads as well! Hands down one of the best anti pasta platters I've ever had.... The bacon wrapped asparagus was unexpected and excellent! Had great marinated veggies and fresh cheese as well. .. The market salad is one of the best salads I've had anywhere and our waiter gave us a free small one because of course we just tried the ceaser salad and he knew we would love it and we did! We have been back many times since just for that salad. .. then there are the pies... I've had several and they all are great... This place is loud enough that we can take our kids :) but nice enough that we go just for a date. ..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good but too inconsistent from pie to pie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Friends and I hit UC a couple of days ago for lunch. We started out with the wood fired artichokes as an appetizer...I don't usually like artichokes, but it wasn't bad at all. My girlfriend and our buddy were big fans of it. But, of course, we are here for pizza...and it was good, but not consistent.

We ordered 3 pizzas for four of us which was plenty enough...kudos to Upper Crust for good value with their pizzas including a pitcher and pizza deal for $20 and a bottle of wine and a pizza for $25. We didn't do those but we did order the BBQ chicken, Tony's pie, and the psycho shroom. Best one of the three- the Tony's pie. Crust was very good and the pepperoncinis added a nice kick to the rest of the pie. On the other hand, the BBQ chicken was ok but drowning in BBQ sauce (I love BBQ sauce but it was just too much) and the mushroom pie - not bad, but probably too much truffle oil. Bigger problem with the latter two was a very doughy to almost gummy crust. I guess when I think the wood fire oven, I think of the very thin and crispy crust, which we got with Tony's pie but not at all on the BBQ and the shroom pizzas.

Long story short, it's not bad at all. My thing is that I'm probably holding most artisan pizza places to the standard of Fireside Pies in the DFW area, especially the one in downtown Fort Worth. This place is good, but not there yet...but it wouldn't take much to get it there.

• Visited March 2013