“Okay for one night, could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #64 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Fort Smith
“Okay for one night, could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My company put me up here for one night to attend a nearby conference. Front desk staff was a little annoying... Kept making jokes about calling security. I was disappointed to hear there was not complimentary breakfast. I always look forward to that when I stay out of town. The room was decent but it was almost 90 degrees inside when I arrived. It took quite some time to cool down. As I was taking my shower I noticed I was standing in water. Bent down to unstop the drain and the top broke off. I had to stand in the water throughout my shower and then hold the drain up until it drained. The bed and pillows were pretty nice. Overall it was fine for one night but I told my employer I would not want to stay here again. I will admit the lack of free breakfast really colored my review on this one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Cherri C,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property. We’re glad to know that our location was suitable for your business travel. On the other hand, it appears that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. We are sorry the lack of complimentary breakfast was a let down. As for the bathroom condition, your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate departments. I am confident that our hotel will take the necessary actions to work on improvements and achieve superior guest satisfaction.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel at least 10 different times and am pleased each and every time. The rooms are very nice and very clean and the hotel is an exceptional value for the price. It's close to many restaurants and easy to get to from any direction. This is my hotel of choice when I visit OKC!

• Stayed March 2014
LaDonna W, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit!
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was initially disappointed to learn that the company had booked me into the Holiday Inn, N.Quail but it tuned out to be very decent, convenient, and excellent value. In the end I was most pleased with the hotel.

The room I had was large and clean with a separate living and bedroom area.

Internet wifi was excellent in the hotel.

Breakfast was tasty. The hotel gal at the breakfast area (Ms. Lee?? from Calgary) was most excellent ... she gets a gold star for customer service.

I can recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you! We are happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised. We hope you will choose us the next time you're in our area and allow us to be your "home away from home" again.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Positives:
- Room was great, as was the bed. No complaints in the least here.
- Location. A short walk to many eating options to cover most budgets. Short drive over to the local mall, and other eating options to suit any shopping or eating whim
- Overall facility was nice and clean.

Not so positives:
- Very little recognition of status, besides a murmered welcome and congrats on being a Platnum member. I must have misread something I read on another website that mentioned bonus points
and goodie bags for certain status members. I've stayed at other IHG properties, and recieved such things in this calendar year already. It's a little thing, but it's nice. Hopefully it was a training issue, since the incentives are a fairly new thing.

- Breakfast staff was overwhelmed. I sat for 15 minutes without being waited upon or acknowledged. Had breakfast rate ( more due to a current IHG promotion ) and really had no chance to use it for my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear BCC1972,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked a suite room for my guest from out of town.

Let me start with the lobby.
It's beyond my expectations, new nice, elegant, well decorated n as good as most 3.5 to 4 star hotel lobby.

This hotel is pretty new n it has large parking lot. The swimming pool very small n not welcoming.

The room is excellent, clean and new.

When you order the suite room, pls request for the large suite room it's 60% more space than the junior suite.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you and hope you will be our guest again very soon!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel January 31-February 2, 2014. This was our 2nd time staying in this hotel and we plan to return again sometime this summer. This time we stayed in a room with a King size bed on the 3rd floor. When we checked in we had two people helping us at once and the total check-in process took only a couple minutes. They were super friendly. The room was very spacious and very clean! The hotel feels like it is tucked away but it is near everything just down a quiet street with corporate buildings and another hotel (don't worry it seems like a safe area). I can't really report on the breakfast since I didn't eat breakfast here, although, maybe I should have because I went to Jimmy's Egg instead which was a mistake and you can find my review for that on his site too if you are interested. Anyway, back to the good stuff.... my room had a mini fridge, a coffee maker, a microwave, and a small stock of coffee/tea. The decor was classy and comfortable with appealing colors. The bedding was nice, clean, and there were plenty of pillows. The bathroom tub/shower was just okay but the towels were a good size and the the shampoo/conditioner/lotion/soap were all Bath & Body Works products. This was a big plus for me and the scent was Coconut Lime Verbena ahhhhh so nice! This trip was a weekend getaway just for me and my hubby but this hotel would be great for any type of visit. Our kiddo loved this hotel when we stayed here the first time. My only complaint is that our room was right beside the elevator, and while the area is quiet, the hallway near the elevator was very noisy and our door didn't seem to shut the noise out. I think next time I will request a room more toward the end of a hallway. Other than that this hotel is great and as long as it stays this way I will continue to stay here every time I visit OKC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest and for such a positive review! We will do our best to accommodate any requests you have for a future stay and look forward to seeing you again!
Dane, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn while in Oklahoma City for surgery at the Laser Spine Institute. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to help make us comfortable during our stay. We also recommend the Tropical Smoothie place across the street (Very Good). The only problem we had was the wind howling through the heating unit at night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you! We appreciate your business and your feedback! Please be our guest again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail? Share your experiences!