“This is a keeper on my list.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #13 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Dallas, Texas
“This is a keeper on my list.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We made last minutes plans to stay at this hotel and found it to very nice. The hotel is close to Penn Square Mall and there are plenty of nice eating restaurants close by. The hotel is four years old and is kept very clean. When you walk in the lobby is nicely furniture with very modern furniture. Water with lemons and cookies greeted you in front lobby. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were nice and clean but were not very soft. The price was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is definitely the nicest Hilton Garden Inn I've ever stayed in the U.S. It had the feel and service of a high end hotel, yet was quite reasonably priced. Having stayed in other hotels in the OKC area over the year's, this hotel is now my #1 choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Wichita, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The staff of this hotel is amazing; they make you feel as if you're family. Rooms are always as defined; and quite cozy, clean and up to date. Levels of service in this hotel are near the "top" of our list for travel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I've had four stays in this hotel and when I review a hotel where i stay more than one time I like to have a few stays under my belt before writing a review.

This is a nice hotel located near stores and restaurants and is one of the hotels my current client has a deal with while working at their site. It's the only Hilton and as I'm a Diamond member, I don't have much choice of hotels if I want to stay in the Hilton brand. The hotel is very nice and I enjoy my stays here. The lobby is very nice with a lot of seating as well as a breakfast/restaurant/bar area. The restaurant is the breakfast area in the morning and is the dining for the hotel in the evening. The front desk isn't the first thing you see when you walk in, it's kind of hidden off to the left and they do have a little "store" with food/convenience items but it's expensive (like airline price expensive) for some of the items.

I've had both a double queen and king room at the hotel and I'm not a fan of their beds. They have a sleep system bed that can be adjusted from firm to soft. My bed my last week was the only week the dial was accessible. The other weeks the dial were covered by a mattress cover that I couldn't get off so the bed was pretty hard. I still slept fine but I would prefer a regular mattress. The other issue with the room is the bathroom door opens outward and basically blocks the door to the room. The door to the bathroom does close by itself to keep the door out of the way but at night I prop it open using the hair dryer to provide easier access. The closet is a decent size and traveling alone I only use a small portion of it. The bathroom is good sized and you don't feel like it was shoved into the room as an afterthought which is always nice.

The room itself has a microwave and coffee maker (kurig maybe) but I'm not a coffee guy. It has a desk and the lamps have plugs for your electronics. There is a good sized chest with drawers and a chair with ottoman in the kings and just a chair IIRC in the double queens.

The fitness center is pretty small and I've run into issues with stuff not working (treadmill) which limits your options. but they do have some free weights as well as a machine with an elliptical and bike. It just feels very cramped when you are in there.

The breakfast area could get crowded quickly if there are many people eating. During the week it is pretty sparse but I could see weekends being a little more of a seating challenge. The food is good and the staff remembers what I have for breakfast even after just a couple weeks.

There is a Target across the way and a Walmart not far along with a mall just down the street too. There are lots of restaurants (not including it's own) nearby as well so you don't feel you are in the middle of nowhere.

The interaction I've had with the staff (when I'm on business I usually just go into auto mode and don't really interact much) has been great. They are all very helpful and happy and a few are beginning to recognize me.

HGIs don't do much for their elite members other than two bottles of water and the breakfast in lieu of points. So they don't give room upgrades or anything so don't expect any of that but you get what you reserve which is sometimes better than you get at other hotels. Other hotels have given me upgrades to nicer rooms even though it's not standard the longer I stay, so we'll see if that happens as it's a nice gesture for returning guests.

Overall a nice hotel and good value for the price I'm paying. I'd recommend staying here for business or leisure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed in Oklahoma to visit family and we found this hotel. The prices were reasonable and the reviews were decent so we got it. The rooms are really clean and are really large. The rooms was very modern and seemed to be recently updated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The pool was heated, fresh cookies, the staff were exceptional at making sure to "serve", treated like a true guest here!! A very high end feel to this place and a great value! A lot of bang for your buck! Even a business center that was very nice, plus the in house restaurant that delivered room service!

Stayed July 2014
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This Garden Inn is well located nice place to stay. The breakfast is somewhat different and the seating area could be larger for the number of people served. The $3.00 breakfast was ordinary, but the $9.00 served to order was quite a bit better, especially if you like omlets. I'd say we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Midtown? Share your experiences!