We DID enjoy our stay here. Entering the lobby was an "ahhh" moment... not huge, but beautiful! The sitting area was very welcoming, with a fireplace for an even more comfortable area in the cooler months and a wooden-rail-stairway to the 2nd floor. This would be a breath-taking place for some romantic photos!
The desk clerk was very, very helpful when we made our reservations, the check-in clerk eagerly took care of a couple of minor issues, upon our arrival and the clerk on duty when we checked out was equally as pleasant & helpful... not a single complaint with the front-desk employees.
The rooms exceeding our expectations, in every area... very spacious, clean & comfortable!
Only 2 issues, which kept our 2-night stay from being perfect:
1) first night there, when looking forward to relaxing in the the pool & hot tub, we arrived to find BOTH were totally occupied by 8-10 children (under 8 years old), screeching at the top-of-their-lungs, swimming with inflatables in the hot tub and canon-balling into the pool. There were 3 adults, with the children, but all were oblivious to the disturbance the children were causing.
2) breakfast was very disappointing! "hot breakfast" consisted of waffles, when the batter containers weren't empty... and if you were able to fix a waffle, there was only 1 small syrup container, which was always empty. the bisquits & gravy (first morning) were cold, with no microwave for warming... cereal was empty... and coffee dispensers were empty, Same situation on our second morning with cold scrambled eggs, diced ham & nasty-cold-cubed potatoes... maybe worse than 1st morning! Both mornings, it appeared that there was only one person handling breakfast... and she didn't speak much English. We felt very sorry for her! She was alone... trying to refill the foods, coffees, juices, plates, utinsils, etc... as well as bus the tables. All while guests were asking her to refill this, that & everything.
If we hadn't been looking forward to our time in the pool & hot-tub... and breakfast, we'd have no complaints at all! There's plenty to do & places to eat in the Quail Springs area... as well as no shortage of places to stay. We're already planning a trip back to this area, but will be trying a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City North (Quail Springs area) is located off of West Memorial Road in north Oklahoma City, OK. Hotel guests enjoy our welcoming hospitality and convenient amenities, including complimentary wireless Internet access, a complimentary breakfast, Fitness Center and an indoor heated pool & hot tub. Our Oklahoma City hotel is less than two miles from Quail Springs Mall and minutes from some of the area's top attractions, including the Oklahoma City Memorial and Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Carlson, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.