“Nice, Roomy, Clean & Comfy... but will try a different place next time.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13501 Memorial Park Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73120   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Skiatook, Oklahoma, United States
“Nice, Roomy, Clean & Comfy... but will try a different place next time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We DID enjoy our stay here. Entering the lobby was an "ahhh" moment... not huge, but beautiful! The sitting area was very welcoming, with a fireplace for an even more comfortable area in the cooler months and a wooden-rail-stairway to the 2nd floor. This would be a breath-taking place for some romantic photos!

The desk clerk was very, very helpful when we made our reservations, the check-in clerk eagerly took care of a couple of minor issues, upon our arrival and the clerk on duty when we checked out was equally as pleasant & helpful... not a single complaint with the front-desk employees.

The rooms exceeding our expectations, in every area... very spacious, clean & comfortable!

Only 2 issues, which kept our 2-night stay from being perfect:

1) first night there, when looking forward to relaxing in the the pool & hot tub, we arrived to find BOTH were totally occupied by 8-10 children (under 8 years old), screeching at the top-of-their-lungs, swimming with inflatables in the hot tub and canon-balling into the pool. There were 3 adults, with the children, but all were oblivious to the disturbance the children were causing.

2) breakfast was very disappointing! "hot breakfast" consisted of waffles, when the batter containers weren't empty... and if you were able to fix a waffle, there was only 1 small syrup container, which was always empty. the bisquits & gravy (first morning) were cold, with no microwave for warming... cereal was empty... and coffee dispensers were empty, Same situation on our second morning with cold scrambled eggs, diced ham & nasty-cold-cubed potatoes... maybe worse than 1st morning! Both mornings, it appeared that there was only one person handling breakfast... and she didn't speak much English. We felt very sorry for her! She was alone... trying to refill the foods, coffees, juices, plates, utinsils, etc... as well as bus the tables. All while guests were asking her to refill this, that & everything.

If we hadn't been looking forward to our time in the pool & hot-tub... and breakfast, we'd have no complaints at all! There's plenty to do & places to eat in the Quail Springs area... as well as no shortage of places to stay. We're already planning a trip back to this area, but will be trying a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are under new management and have worked hard to correct the issues you mentioned. I hope you give our property another chance to exceed your expectations.

Country Inn & Suites, OKC North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I like the rooms here. Very nice and spacious. Great hot breakfast with real plates and silverware. Located near tons of restaurants. The doors don't go all the way to the floor on the hallway so it lets in light and noise. That doesn't make sense to me. Choose a room away from the highway to be the quietest.

I stayed here to use the meeting room, which is very large and priced very reasonably. However, it doesn't lock and the noise from the breakfast area and hang out area was disturbing to my class.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nice place, good location near restaurants and mall, spacious rooms, excellent group pricing, decent breakfast as well
Stayed here in mid-June for softball tournament, Maybe a little understaffed at front desk, but everyone I encountered working there was polite and helpful.
Was part of a group that stayed there and my credit card was charged $500 more for unused rooms by others in the group. Got it taken care of(I think), manager has yet to call me back explaining how/why this happened, as he said he would.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for billing issue. We are under new management and are working hard to assure this does not happen in the future. We look forward to your next stay.

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

As a seasoned traveler I've seen the good, the bad, & the ugly. This is a newer motel with comfortable rooms and nice amenities. However, the management leaves much to be desired. I don't appreciate waiting at the front desk while the girl behind the desk arranges a coffee date with a man she met online. Furthermore, I don't expect to hear life lessons from a "twenty something" manager, it is in the least very unprofessional. I also expect to be able to access my room without being required to stop at the front desk and get a new key card every time I leave the room. In just one day I had to stop and get a new key card four times. I heard every excuse, "a new girl at the front desk", etc. until finally she just quite making up excuses and ran another key card without comment. During a one week stay I stopped by to get a new key card 7 different times. Upon returning to the room one evening I found the door ajar, thankfully nothing was missing. While this is a good property the management leans toward the bad & down right ugly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We truly apologize for your unpleasant experience during your stay. The issues with our key machine and with the young front desk manager have been addressed and we most certainly appreciate the feedback so that we may have the opportunity to insure this never occurs again in the future. I do appreciate the nice things you said about our Hotel and as for the unfortunate issues you had we will do everything we can to see that this does not happen again.
Unfortunately, breakdowns sometimes happen either through human or mechanical/technical errors, and I’m deeply sorry this happened during your stay.
Please feel free to contact me at any time at the hotel.
Mike Stanley General Manager Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City North
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My best friend and I, along with our 12 year old daughters stayed here during a weekend shopping trip. When we arrived, we were given a room with one bed so we requested a new room. Again, we were given a room with one bed so we requested again. :) The third room was great. The lady at the front desk was brand new and was doing her best to accomodate our needs. Patience was not a problem for us and it all worked out well. We did use the pool and the girls LOVED it. We were the only ones in there for the hour and half we swam. Breakfast was deluxe...again, our girls thought it was super awesome. We bid on a 3 star but got this 2 1/2 star hotel... I was worried but PLEASED when we arrived! :)

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 people, request a room with double beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Richard A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed. We look forward to your next stay.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Well I liked the room and hotel upon arrival, but the most important thing is the quality of rest at a hotel.

It's my first time staying here so I don't know if the type of guests here are always this noisy, but it was absolutely awful.

In my first call to the front desk, I was told that they already came up but couldn't find out where the noise was coming from. The next call they said that the guests have been here for a week and they've been getting noise complaints for the entire week, and asked what they wanted me to do about it. There is only 1 staff person (the front desk) attendant and they would try to get a hold of the manager.

45 minutes later still noisy, banging on the walls, yelling in the hallway etc. I called again and the front desk person said that they were unable to get a hold of the manager.

I've not slept, my wife and my 2 year old as well keeps getting woken up. I thought that writing this review would help others and avoid this hotel. Guests are hard to predict, but management should be able to handle a problem when it occurs, not waiting for a week or more ... til the guests leave.

There is a really nice Holiday Inn Express next door that I've stayed at - and would recommend you do the same.

They

Room Tip: Choose another hotel with better (and perhaps more) management and staff.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We bid on a 2 1/2 star hotel in the area of quail springs & had no clue we'd be do pleased. I called ahead to request double beds (not always available) and we were put in a spacious room with two beds and s pull out sofa bed. Clean, comfortable, complimentary hot breakfast comparable to that of Holiday Inn, very pleasant staff. Would pay full price over a 3+ star hotel when staying with our children.
It is right by the turn pike, but we didn't notice that effecting our sleep.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North? Share your experiences!