“Best Catfish” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 1,432 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Best Catfish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were there on 10-3-2012. The catfish is the best in Oklahoma City! The buffet was good had alot of choices. Really enjoyed the bread pudding. We will be visiting this place again.

I was looking at reviews I could not understand why you would down this place. They only had three people working tonight and the place was crowded. I don't like people sweeping and cleaning up while I am eating. They are so busy they will clean when they close.
I don't know why people go out to eat and complain about the price stay home and eat tight wads!
We thought the price was reasonable!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

It doesn't look like much, situated in a strip mall off of NW 63rd west of MacArthur, but the food is as close to authentic cajun cooking to be found in Oklahoma City.

Buffet: Catfish, blackened chicken, shrimp and mud bug gumbo and chowders, angel hair alfredo, great taters, beans, battered and fried frog legs (just try them), best sweet tea in the city. Plenty of food to choose from, and they keep it coming fresh out of the kitchen.

A plate of hot catfish strips and a great dipping sauce is brought to your table, and four freshly made benets are in a basket on your table too. Very nice staff, attentive and polite just like you'd expect.

I didn't see fried okra - or the usual mud bug (crayfish) tray, but it wasn't the season...

Two of us left stuffed beyond description for less than a $30 tab.

Visited August 2012
Benalmádena, Andalucia, Spain
“I thought I was in back in New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My friend took me to Cajun King today for lunch. This place is owned and run by a family that lost their restaurant during Katrina. You pay at the door, 11 dollars each for the lunch buffet and drink. We started with a salad and sat down, within a minute a gentleman brought our drinks, a plate of batter fried catfish strips to share and a plate of beignets. I had barely explored the buffet and was already transported back to my trips to the French Quarter and the many amazing food shops in that whole area. When the salad was gone we advanced to the soups. My friend is addicted to the crawfish étouffée, I tried the crawfish and shrimp chowder which was quite good. I had eaten so much catfish I was getting full (they brought out another plate without being asked) but it was time to try the buffet's main dishes. I had the blackened chops with some jambalaya smothered with white beans. I didn't care for the flavor of the chops, more burnt than blackened, bit the white beans on the jambalaya put a smile on my face. Cajun king isn't fine dining but if want authentic Cajun this place must be tried. I will probably return before leaving the area in a few days.

Oklahoma city
“It's alright nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had some gumbo here and the shrimp they gave is tiny. The flavors are good and our waitress is cute and nice but they need better quality ingredients. It's a little expensive for what you are getting.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Mixed emotions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

My brother in law took me for lunch. I loved the food. We went after the lunch hour. The chicken and pork chops were a little old. The catfish in a basket was awesome. Could have had that and some étouffée and that would have been enough. The place is a little run down. I even mentioned that. For the price, I think they could improve a few things. $8.99 for lunch is a little pricey, but you will not find this fare anywhere else in the metro. If you've been to Cajun country, the food will definitely ring a bell.