“Do not resort to this!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Isola Bella

You added Isola Bella to your Saves list
Isola Bella
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6303 NW 63rd Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73132   |
“Do not resort to this!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived with our reservations made on Orbitz we were told we could not check in due to the fact that we did not have a major credit card. Which we were never made aware of prior to check in. Visa debit would suffice to make the reservation but not good enough to check in. The real problem was the pretentious air which we were treatedat. The manager said three times we were welcome to make reservations elsewhere. We expressed interest in finding a solution they did not. I worked as a front desk clerk for years and this is not how you treat guests. When the problem is your fault, ( their's being failure to disclose necessary policies) you offer to find them alternate lodging.
Being local we were able to get our credit cards and check in. This brings me to another problem, this is a half converted old apartment complex in a bad area of Oklahoma City. The grounds and pool are beautiful though, and security gates have been installed. Ok on to next problem. Our room was reserved with a Queen bed and sleeper sofa in the living room, but in our room the sofa was not a sleeper. I went into the office and asked to be moved to a room with the sleeper sofa I had reserved. Again the manager became rude and intrusively asked why I needed a sleeper sofa when I was paying only for 2 adults. This is the most unprofessional hospitality clerk I have ever dealt with. She did manage to
move us for the second night because there was no available room with a sleeper the first night, again their mistake but instead of offering us compensation for their mistake they acted haughty and rude. Also both rooms had a small hole high on the living room wall with wires running along the wall. Don't stay here the staff is rude and falsely pretensious (this is no resort). Please someone tell them this is the Hospitality Indusry. A good staff goes a long way to make up for all the things you can't change.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stillwater, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Never again will I stay at this "hotel," nor will I recommend it to any of my friends or family members.

1. It was not in the Nicholls Hills area as advertised, but rather several miles west in a deteriorating part of the city of Warr Acres.
2. I would not call this a "hotel." I would call it an old apartment complex that has trouble renting to long term tenants.
3. One could see dust on the tops of virtually all baseboards There seemed to be a hole in one of the baseboards that made one wonder how many vermin were about.
3. I later (next day) found that the Warr Acres police were very familiar with this apartment complex. I was surprised that we heard no shots fired during the night.
4. To be fair, the ladies at check-in/checkout were most pleasant, but they could not compensate for the actual lodging.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Clean, picturesque, customer oriented and comfortable. What else do you need.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I just stayed at Isola Bella for the third time but my experience was enough different that I want to write another review.

I called Isolo Bella to reserve two rooms for three nights the night before we were to arrive. My sisters were to have one room and my father and I the other. Both rooms were in my dad's name so when my sisters arrived four hours earlier than we did, they were not allowed to check in. My sister called me and I pointed out to the receptionist that she was calling the phone number on the reservation, the last names were the same and I had sent my sister the confirmation email from the address on the reservation. Still no luck as it created a "privacy issue" to allow them into the room I'd reserved for them.

The receptionist then said she could cancel the reservation and rebook it with my sister's information. I wanted to ask why allowing them into the apartment using my reservation would create a "privacy issue" but cancelling a reservation without my permission wouldn't...however, I wanted her to get into the apartment so didn't say anything.

Once they arrived at the apartment, they found cigarette butts and a very strong smoke smell inside, with a 'no smoking' sign on the inside of the door. I mentioned it at checkout to reception who said "oh" and left it at that.

Our room had everything it was supposed to have but wasn't in as good of shape as my two previous rooms. It was close to the lake which was nice but the curtains couldn't be drawn without the the rod falling off the bracket. I also wasn't able to connect to the internet, either with a cable or WiFi. Additionally, due to a new phone system in the complex, I wasn't able to call my sisters' room. Our phone was fine but theirs wasn't "set up correctly".

The bathroom had a shower/tub but the epoxy coating was peeling off and quite ugly. It didn't affect the operation though.

As usual, the breakfast buffet was good with a variety of hot and cold items. Breakfast and dinner are included although I thought that breakfast was available on weekends but apparently it isn't.

We left a day early due to the severe storm warnings and were told we weren't the first to leave. One thing I thought they should have is a sheet in the guest guide explaining what to do in case of a tornado. We felt very vulnerable with the sirens going off and no idea where a safe place to hide could be.

I'm sure I will stay at Isola Bella again but did learn that if I bring anyone else, I need to make individual reservations for each person to avoid check in issues.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Spent one night courtesy of a Groupon gift, and were very pleasantly surprised. Front office staff were very friendly and helpful, pointing out many issues a typical hotel wouldnt mention. A very large property with at least 3 swimming pools, primarily an extended stay property but we stayed one night. Our suite was very comfortable, internet was complimentary, and a tv in each bedroom and a large one in the sitting area. Although we didnt use it, a large fitness building had basketball, dry sauna, as well as weights/fitness equipment. Sunday brunch included eggs,sausage, potatoes, french toast in a very nice setting in the entertainment pavilion. They also have a dinner buffet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed here before last fall, and had a great stay. I came back because the "rooms" are actually large apartments, and there is plenty of room for everyone in the family. Like last time, my home was perfectly clean, and furnished very comfortably, and everyone that works there was great to me and my family. The only difference this time was the food---it had improved significantly. They said they opened a new kitchen---whatever they did our food this time was delicious. A huge breakfast buffet and a great dinner buffet (2 entre selections plus homemade sides). Because my whole family was with me, we saved more by not having to pay for meals than the entire cost of the apartment! Kids loved the indoor pool. All in all, another really nice trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view, and make sure you know the hours when meals are served.