“Swimming pool” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 146 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Cheyenne, Oklahoma
“Swimming pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a short family vacation of sorts. We like to take our kids to Oklahoma City and they love to go swimming in a indoor pool. We had planned on getting back to the hotel early and let the kids swim while my husband and I sat in the hot tub. We were in there for a total of maybe 20 minutes because the chlorine smell was so bad. All of us were feeling terrible from it. Everyone's eyes were burning so bad we could hardly see. One of our kids felt like he couldn't breathe so had to go outside and get him air. The next day he had a major asthma attack that required emergency care caused by to much chlorine in that hotel pool. We told the hotel staff and hopefully this problem is resolved. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was in decent shape.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn near the airport and it was really nice. At first I was apprehensive because of some of the reviews. We found the place to be very nice and clean. I am not sure why some others found that to not be the case. I would recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast is what I expected.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have made the rounds of many of these airport hotels on Meridian. This new Fairfield is the clear winner at this point. Clean, comfy, free of road noise large selection of free breakfast stuff, good mattresses. Staff was friendly and helpful. We used the indoor pool and spa, which were fine, but not large enough to swim laps. More for the kids to splash in. Ask for a room facing the river and watch the egrets roost in the evening (but we couldn't hear them, don't worry!) you could walk to a few restaurants or drive to a number of choices. It took me 8 minutes to reach the rowing venue adjacent to brick town on the weekend. Good for a sports team.

Room Tip: Facing the river is nice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I selected this hotel for a business trip because I had an early flight out of OKC. The hotel itself is not too close to the airport. Thank goodness I had a rental car and didn't have to wait fo the shuttle, which runs every 30 minutes. There are restaurants around the hotel but would be at least a five minute walk either way. My room itself was OK, but it faced the river which not a particularly pleasant view. The staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The room had a slight locker-room smell to it. Can't complain too much since it wasn't enough to bother me, & I have to assume they would've moved me to a better room if I' d asked (I didn't). Pool & hot tub closed the 3 nights I was there, reportedly due to "chlorine levels in the water" or something like that. Exercise room has all machines facing away from TV on wall. Machines do have individual small TVs, but the one on the elliptical (the one I use) didn't work.
Pluses:
All employees were very friendly, & there are lots of restaurants nearby - several within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night due to the close proximity to the airport and an early flight. Unfortunately, the area around the OKC airport is in desperate need for nice hotel accommodations. I know the airport area is an older part of OKC so when I saw a fairly new hotel close by the airport, I booked right away. Big Mistake! We should've just gotten up early and driven the two hours since we couldn't sleep anyway.
This hotel is one of the worst we have ever stayed in. It's for sure the worst Marriott. It was dirty, worn out (strange for a newer hotel) and smelly! The walls need paint!! The beds were very uncomfortable! We were also left puzzled about the strange layout of the room. There is a large empty space on the wall where a couch would fit, and not a single picture hung on the wall. This is how two rooms looked, so normal for them I guess. We got to see two rooms because we had to request a second room when the first one smelled of a strong mildew odor. The second smelled better, but not much. It smelled of mildew also.
I like nice things, but I am not unreasonable in my expectations of a Fairfield Inn since I've stayed in many. This one is a real shame to the Marriott name!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was under the impression that the professional staff who work at hotels were trained in the "hospitality" field. Apparently, that is not necessarily true. From the time we checked in and were "greeted" by the robot-like person behind the front desk throughout our weekend stay we got the impression the staff would prefer we were elsewhere. No smiles, greetings or any indication that we were their guests. At most Marriott properties you're at least treated as if you're welcome. I destroyed my rewards card and will choose another brand from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Airport? Share your experiences!