“Came for a wedding...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Rogersville
“Came for a wedding...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We came to OK City for a wedding and stayed at this hotel renting 2 rooms. The rooms are enormous! 2 queen size beds with room for another. We didn't use the pool or fitness center but looked nice in passing. Very lovely and spacious lobby, friendly staff and CLEAN! Hotel is quite easy to find, just a short distance from the interstate, although not on our GPS. We used the address of the Chilli's accross the street. The breakfast was better than most with waffles, breakfast sandwiches, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, fruit, bagles, selection of pastries, milk, juices and coffee. This hotel is located within a few miles from downtown and the Memorial and 15 minutes or so from the American Cowboy Museum. Would recomend for families and couples but is not pet friendly.

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel for business. The staff was very nce and helpful. I asked for a room with the view of the water and they already had me on that side. Loved the room. Large bathroom, with plenty of counter space. It had a microwave and refrigerator in a secluded area. There is a living room with tv, couch, chair, desk, etc and then a small area for your "bedroom". It also had it's own tv. We received a free breakfast. It was a standard. The room was very clean and quiet. I will definately stay there and again and have put this hotel on our list for other co-workers to visit when they visit OKC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed here twice. It was great when it first opened two years ago. This time the room smelled like mildew like there was a water leak at one time. I mentioned this to the staff and they were apologetic but it was not resolved. When at their fitness center, the towels had stains. I probably would not stay here again until they do some needed maintenance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Thought this was a great quality hotel. It's new so it feels crisp and clean. We stayed for a board meeting for an extended weekend.

It includes free breakfast and wifi which is something I usually look for in business travel. It also have a pool and fitness center. And It's close to the airport.

The rooms were nice size with about 4 feet of extra space on one side of the two Queen beds. It also had a mini fridge.

The lobby has a little snack shop near the front desk where you can by drinks, snacks and other goodies without leaving the hotel.

Another plus is that some of the rooms over look a river and if you cross the street, walk towards the river there is a nice paved jogging trail. Big plus if you wanna run outside and not on the treadmill.

I found the best rate online on the Marriott website. I think I will be back next time I visit OKC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

For a new hotel the room was not very clean. Our room was less than top quality for the Marriott brand standards that I am used to. The coffee area in the room had not been cleaned, there were stains all over the furniture and carpet. The carpet had not been vacuumed. The bathroom floor had been swept but not mopped. The beds did have clean linens and were made up well but they were terribly uncomfortable. The breakfast offered several choices and the area was clean. I did use the internet service provided downstairs it was very slow but it 'got the job done'.
The staff was friendly and the hotel is in a very good location for dining/downtown OKC/airport/shopping.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Property was well kept, loved the bright colored decor. Staff was friendly enough, I didn't require much interaction with them during my stay. Room was very clean. Hotel is located in an area that's being newly developed, not many eateries within walking distance but many surrounding the hotel that were easily accessible by car. Free breakfast was pretty generic but offered variety. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Arrive early if you'd like to take advantage of free food and drinks in the evenings.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a very new hotel and overall the facilites are very nice. The rooms are well decorated, but the sofa and chair are very uncomfortatble to sit in - primarily becasue there are no arms on the chair. However, my room was not cleaned very well before my arrival. The floor had not been vacuumed and there were still fingernails all over the carpet. There was hair in the sink and toilet, as well as in the dresser drawers. I actually asked the front desk to vacuum my floor the following day, and they still didn't do it. I had the vacuum sent to my room and I vacuumed the floor myself! The breakfast is good, with many options. Fitness center is small, but nice for what I need: Two treadmills, an elliptical, and weight bench with dumbells. The laundry room has a new washer and dryer and they both work well. In short I like everything about this hotel except the internet - which is a huge problem! You will not be able to get any work done because of the problem with the internet in this hotel. If you are just passing through and need a nice hotel to stay at for the night, or just want to check a couple of emials it will be okay. But, anything else will be a problem. I am not kidding it is as slow as a dial up connection! You will not notice a problem if you are up at five AM. But, in the evening when everyone is trying to get on the internet you will be working with dial up speed. This is especially unacceptable since this is a brand new hotel! The hotel staff know that there is a big problem, but nothing can be done because the hotel does not have the bandwidth it needs for the number of guests it has. Last time when I stayed here in December 2011, I was so frustrated with the interet that I called Marriott Corporate offices and found that this hotel is a franchise, as are most Marriotts - which I was not aware of. It is entirely up to the owner how he manages this facility, and in my opinion he is too cheap to spend any money to upgrade the internet properly - since this has been an ongoing long term problem. I know that the hotel will probabaly repsond to this post and say they are in the process of upgrading the internet bandwidth at the hotel, but don't stay here until it is updated. They also told me in November they were in teh process of updating the internet bandwidth. Like I mentioned earlier, I think the owner is just doesn't care as long as he is still selling rooms. I am a Mariott Platinum Member, and will be here in OKC for three weeks. I had to wait until the NBA playoffs moved to Miami to change hotels, but I am glad I did. I moved to the Marriott Springhill Suites which is on MacArthur right off of I-40. Springhill Suites is actually a much nicer hotel. The rooms are nice and roomy, and the chair and sofa are comfortable, and most importatnly the internet is lighning fast and I am able to get my work done in the evenings. The Springhill Suites will be my choice in OKC from now on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Airport? Share your experiences!