“A very bad place to stay!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Oklahoma City OK South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1337 SE 44th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73129   |
Ranked #113 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A very bad place to stay!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at motel 6 and ended up with bug bed bites all over me.I told the front desk and they said it was no big deal and when i told them i was calling the health department they told me to go ahead!!!!! the bathroom was nasty and the service was horrible and they didn't even bother changing the bed sheet while i wasn't at my room. The location was the worst part of the stay,because every night me and my family tried to sleep you can hear somebody yell form the other side of the property. Too many gang activities around the entire area. The Manager did not took an action possible to make my stay worth the money i pay them. Its a very bad place,I personally advice other people to not waste their time going there.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Moore, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had to spend a night here after the Moore tornado this past week since I was without power. Motel 6s aren't fancy hotels; they're supposed to be clean, economical hotels. So I wasn't expecting a palace, and this isn't a nice, safe part of OKC. It's not in the absolute worst part of town, but it's not in a nice part of town. But this hotel seems to hold the upkeep standards of an establishment that rents by the hour. The pictures on the website make it look a lot better than it really is.

The woman who worked the main desk was about as friendly as a hungry grizzly bear or agitated lion. As soon as you walked in the door there was a pungent odor, reminiscent of a smell I experienced when stopping to use the restroom at the Texas Visitors Center. The hallway carpet is supposed to be blue but it had black greasy streaks all over. It looked like someone had parked a number of cars with oil leaks in the hallways at some point.

On the positive side, the room was vacuumed, the bed was made and all light switches worked. They allow pets at no additional cost. I had my own blankets and pillow with me so I slept on top of the comforter, but the bed was comfortable.

The window curtain hung off corner of the window. Since I work nights, I sleep during the day and this made it hard to darken the room. The walls are pretty thin and every time someone made a sound in the hallway it made my dogs bark, also making it harder to sleep.

The bathroom had an awful odor. And no, I don't mean the kind of odor left behind when someone uses the toilet. It had the heavy scent of some type of ethnic hair care product that I've smelled before. The shower curtain rod was nailed into two unstained wood planks; I guess it wasn't long enough to reach the wall. There were hairs and some kind of filthy spots in the bathtub, so I made sure to line the tub floor with a towel to keep my feet from making direct contact with the shower.

I checked in around 2:00 pm and checked out about 11:00 pm. The lady working the counter at checkout was much nicer than the check in worker.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Bottom line: if you are looking for a decent economical hotel, stay at a Mo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had to stay there due to weather at home. The woman working the counter was yelling at her children, they were cussing back at her, hitting each other. There was what appeared to be a drug deal in the hall as we were going into our room, and the walls were so thin we could hear EVERYTHING going on in rooms a few doors down! I did not feel safe there with my children and all I wanted to do was take a shower when I got home! Next time, I'll weather the storm!

Room Tip: be prepared to explain a lot to your children after your stay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice easy access to the freeway from this economy motel. The people were friendly and chequed us in quickly.

There was a storm that night and we were very thankful to have a clean bed to sleep in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I had a car accident and ended up staying there unexpectedly for several days while waiting for my car to be repaired. The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business