“Perfect location for a chic gathering” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,412 restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Park Avenue Grill is a classic sit-down eatery and American concept kitchen set inside the historic Skirvin Hilton Hotel. Marked by original art deco tilings and hand-carved entryways, today's Park Avenue Grill is a gateway into the hotel's storied past. Inspired by this rich history, we proudly serve up a diverse menu of classic favorites and farm-to-fork cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Christopher Pope, making it the ideal setting for a comfortable or private dining occasion. Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room easily accommodates groups of 5 to 24 guests. At the host's request, we will gladly create a special menu that caters specifically to your party's needs. We also offer a semi-private dining area that seats up to 50 guests, as well as an intimate chef's table dining experience called "Table One". Brunch Events: Throughout the year, the Park Avenue Grill hosts a number of special Brunch events, including "Brunch on Broadway" each and every Sunday, and holiday brunch buffets during Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas and Mother's Day. Parking: Complimentary valet parking is available for all our dining guests.
New York City, New York
“Perfect location for a chic gathering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I recently hosted my father's retirement party at the Park Avenue Grill lounge area - Red Velvet Room. I planned the entire event from NYC (where I live). Logan, Kiya, Mickey and team were an absolute dream. The location is perfect for a gathering as you take advantage of the fantastic view of the lobby, the restaurant and of course the holiday decorations! The food was wonderful and the wine selection superb. To me the value of the event could not be beat (maybe I'm too used to NYC prices). No seriously...run, don't walk and plan your next gathering here. It's the best hotel location in OKC.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Dear TGNYC_11,
A special occasion celebrated at a special place, with a great team. Thank you for the wonderful review and letting us be part of the event. Your comments about Logan, Kaiya, Mickey and the rest of the Team have been shared and are highly appreciated, as well as your terrific endorsement. We hope to see you once again during your next Family visit.

82% Recommend
“Excellent portion sizes, wonderful attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

While the restaurant might be hard to find, the entrance being buried amidst the grandiose lobby, once found you won't be disappointed!! From the welcoming hostess (i think her name was laura?) To the laughter from the open kitchen this restaurant is a wonderful place to come any night. The food is on point, our server Kiaya was very knowledgeable, and the wine list is a great selection. My husband and i came here for our 50th wedding anniversary and we will definitely be back!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear MurielArthur,
Again our sincere congratulations on your 50th Anniversary. We are thrilled to have played a very small part in your celebration. Thank you so very much for your review and kind words about our great server Kiaya, the atmosphere and the quality of food & wine. We highly appreciate it. We hope to see you soon for your return visit.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“GREAT EVENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Last Friday we had an event in Red Velvet lounge for about 45 people. The food was excellent and the servers were fast and knowledgeable. We all had a great time and will for sure use them again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear JW P,

We are so glad that you and your Guests thoroughly enjoyed your event at the Red Velvet, adjacent to our terrific Park Avenue Grill. We appreciate the recognition of our great service Team and our excellent food quality. We hope to see you soon once again.
vancouver island
“Shockingly Poor, Unknowledgeable Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We may have just hit an off night, but what an off night it was. After 30 years of traveling the world, including twice crisscrossing the US, this became the first restaurant we have ever walked out of. Without going in to too much detail, let it suffice to say that from the moment we walked in the door it was clear this was not the place for us. When we attempted to tell the manager about the substandard service we were receiving, he was arrogant, defensive and had no interest in correcting the situation – his only objective was to defend his server. In fact, that was when we decided to leave.

While we cannot comment on the food, as we weren’t there long enough to try it, we can say that the champagne we ordered to begin was close to flat. All and all, this restaurant is anything but a fine dining establishment. We left and went about 10 minutes to the suburbs and had a lovely Chinese dinner. Let me also say that if you want to stay in the downtown area so you can walk to dinner, do not go to OKC on a Sunday.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
I can't thank you enough for your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience. I think your first sentence sums it up.It was an "off night" indeed which is outside our normally extremely high standards of service and quality of food. I am very sorry you did not have the opportunity to experience our terrific restaurant as it is intended. We hope you will visit us and our awesome City again in the future. Thank you for your feedback. It has been shared with our Team.
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

i went to Park Avenue Grill for lunch on Thanksgiving, and even though it was a holiday, you could not tell by the service. Everything was top notch, from the servers all the way up to the manager. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a quality meal in the OKC area.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Bill,

Thank you for joining us on Thanksgiving and for your great review. We are glad you had a great experience during the busiest day of the year between the Park Avenue Grill and the traditional Thanksgiving Day Brunch in our Grand Ballroom. We will share your comments with the Team and hope to see you again soon.