“Amazing value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel and Meridian Convention Center

You added Magnuson Hotel and Meridian Convention Center to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel and Meridian Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   737 S Meridian Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73108 (Formerly Clarion Meridian Hotel & Convention Center)   |
Ranked #102 of 143 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Madison, WI - USA
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was in OKC for an interview and got a special rate at this hotel for students of $55/night. I was floored by the excellent value of this room. Here is what was included:
1. Free airport shuttle
2. Comfortable, spacious, clean room with king bed and suite area
3. Complimentary drinks and appetizers 5:30-7pm on weeknights
4. Complimentary breakfast
5. Free shuttle to my interview
6. Free use of hotel computer/printer station

This was absolutely the best value for a hotel room I have ever experienced anywhere. I was really pleased with my stay and the staff were very nice to me. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Heavener, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel every year when I attend the OSU Farm & Business Tax Institute. I requested a king bed. What we got was a king suite for $69 per night. Included with that was free breakfast (not just doughnuts and coffee). In the evening from 5:30 to 7:00, they had a Manager's Social--free drinks and hors duerves. Even though they didn't have a restaurant, IHOP and several other eateries were within walking distance. I would recommend this place to anyone who was seeking a comfortable night's rest at an affordable price. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who expected it to be comparable to the Waldorf-Astoria!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Topeka, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We paid close to but under $100 per night to stay at this hotel. Have been to many Clarion Hotels that were wonderful, but this one is not even in the same category. The rooms are outdated, dirty, peeling wallpaper, dangling drapes, has running toilets and the security doors are not locked, even at night for key entry.

On a positive note, the front desk staff was friendly and helped us get reduced fare tickets to events. The pool was decent and welcoming as the temps were over 100 degrees, but there are too many other nice hotels that looked much more inviting. The free breakfast was mediocre, but luckily, there is an IHOP next door to the hotel. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I was in OKC in April for the OKC Memorial Marathon. It this was listed as one of the host hotels. It also had the lowest rate ($66/ night) that I could find, so we kept our expenses down and opted for a drive into town.

Upon check-in (and we were late arrivals) they had a packet of information available to the runners. Printouts about the race, shuttle service schedule and a little goodie bag of toiletries: extra safety pins, vaseline, bandaids and other supplies for the race.
The day of the race, they had early breakfast ready and lots of runners were there.

It was little things like that which made me really appreciate the way the Clarion went OVER and ABOVE the $66 a night deal we had. It was an older hotel and it was not convenient to downtown, but it wasn't far off either and in a hotel zone of sorts, where there were plenty of chain restaurants to eat.
My one complaint was that on Sat night, after we had dinner and came back, there was a wedding or something at the center and it made for incredibly inconvenient parking situation. I was not thrilled about that.

I do plan on staying there again next year for the race, because of the outstanding service and nice room. Clean beds and exceptional value.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We walked in to this hotel to see if they had a room and how much it would cost. We got a room with a king sized bed, and we weren't sure what the room would be like, but for the cost of a typical room, we got a large suite with a little living area, the bedroom area, a microwave, fridge, 2 TVs, etc. The bed was very comfortable and had so many pillows that we couldn't even use them all! I was very pleased with what we got for the money!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

There is no question that this hotel is a bit older - and is in need of a makeover - such as being in desparate need of new hallway carpet. That being said, the beds were comfortable, and it is located right off the freeway. Burger King and IHOP are right there, and a few decent restaurants are just down the road. I would stay there again...but only if the price is right.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

My brother and I were driving across country so we simply needed a convenient place to sleep and rest. This motel was inexpensive but not the nicest.

Positives:
1) Near I-40. However, it was difficult to find since it sits off the main road. We passed it two or three times before we finally saw the sign.
2) Free breakfast. It was standard, continental fare but good enough for filling our bellies.
3) Free WiFi
4) Free parking
5) There was a coin laundry facility. Very nice to have when traveling across country.
6) Convenient to every fast food chain restaurant you might want. We picked up salads at Panera on our way out of town and ate them at a rest stop later in the day.

Negatives:
1) The carpet in our room was damp. Not sure why but it never felt dry. Kind of gross.
2) The room and bathroom were older and relatively clean but this was not our favorite motel/inn/hotel on our road trip.

• Stayed September 2009

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Meridian Convention Center? Share your experiences!