“Pretty nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Orlando, Florida
“Pretty nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We Just stayed one night but would be great for those needing longer term. Our room was pretty small for 3 adults (hubby, me and 18 yo kid) but the pull-out was fairly comfy. Walls had some marks and big water stain on ceiling, otherwise clean room. Little kitchen good, no oven. Shower is awesome, but hard to get in/out of bathroom since the door swings by toilet and misses by an inch! Lighting in room good. Breakfast good variety something for everyone. Didn't hear airport noise. Nice walking trail along river behind hotel. Guys enjoyed the basketball court. Would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here in August, a lot going on since then and haven't had time to submit this. Great place, nice new suite type rooms, super friendly staff! Really nice breakfast and also evening reception! The staff is very helpful and accommodating, I really enjoyed the evening food which included out door grilling. Convenient to several good restaurants. Most importantly, the bed was really comfortable and I got a great rest. Not a single negative issue during my week long visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

A very quiet and relaxing place to stay. We only spent one night after a hard day of driving; however, I would have been happy to stay for more. The staff greeted you with a smile and friendly talk while processing everything, making you feel at home. The suite was magnificent, especially for the price. Everything you could need for a long term stay. As I average near 150 room nights a year, I will definitely keep this one in my books.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side overlook the adjacent river.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I travel to OKC several times a month on business as well as pleasure and I would have to rate this hotel a 10+ on a scale of 0-10. Not only is the staff super friendly as well as the General Manager Shawn McGriff always makes a point to ask if I need anything on my way in and ensures my stay was great on the way out. The free hot breakfast that comes with the rate of the room is great but on top of it they have a light dinner & beer a few days a week in the evening...great for networking or just relaxing after having a long day running around. Rooms are always clean and nice smelling as well as all the ones I've been in has a full size refrig and stove. Housekeeping does a great job in these rooms...have to say that you can tell all of the staff has pride in what they do. Also like that its very close to the airport and several places to eat out at. I've been to too many bad ones to not be able to appreciate a well-ran hotel...and so far this is truly my favorite!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Auburn, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed at this Staybridge for 11 nights. We had a one bedroom King suite. It was very roomy and nicely decorated. The kitchen was nicely furnished and even came with a dishwasher. We initially checked in and were given a room on the 2nd floor but there was construction taking place on that side of the hotel. They are fixing the damage that the tornado caused. We went back downstairs and asked to be moved to a different room and our request was promptly accommodated. The breakfast was adequate with multiple choices and we were bummed we missed out on the free dinner Tuesday through Thursday nights. Some people may not be happy with the "light housekeeping" that is done but we had no problems. Bed was made and refreshed several times and clean towels were provided daily. It was plenty. The only negative I could share was that I was woken up one night by a neighbor talking on the phone at 3AM. So the walls may be a bit thin but in 11 nights this was the only negative experience. It is a warm and inviting place and most workers we came across were nice. Oh, one more thing, the bed was very comfortable! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Until construction is done, ask to not be on the construction side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tahlequah, OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is probably not going to be the most impartial review I have written. My experience was colored by... the experience....

I am a rewards member and as such, used to certain things. My key wasn't ready when I arrived. Which is unusual. No big deal, just unusual. The reception just didn't seem as warm as usual.

My room was on one end of the hotel, 1st floor. Unfortunately, the guy in the next room snored SO loud I could feel my bed vibrate. I travel a lot, so I know how to try to overcome that, I opened an app on my phone for white noise and turned it on. Then just thought of the vibrating bed as a bonus.

Then all craziness broke loose. Sometime after 3 AM the fire alarm went off. Being a pessimist, my first thought was it was a malfunction or some jerk set off the alarm. I tried to sleep through it. It is loud. I get up and look outside, people are out there staring at the building. Maybe, I should get out? I go outside. No one knows what is going on. I go to the lobby, the alarm is SO loud I couldn't take it. I went back outside. Three Firetrucks rolled up. (Maybe there is a fire?)

They go in and take care of the issue. I heard other guests talking and from snippets of their conversation there was a fir e on the opposite end of the hotel on the 3rd floor. Around 4:30 we were given the all clear and I got to go back to bed for a bit before I had to get up.

My complaint, the hotel staff never told anyone what was going on. At least not where I could hear, or was repeated to me.

I had to go check out at the front desk that morning and the front desk staff never asked how the stay was, or apologized for any commotion.

It is a Staybridge Hotel, like the rest. My experience just wasn't the best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Aquariuz,

I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately we did have a fire that night that forced an evacuation of the hotel. I apologize that our staff was not as forthcoming with information as they could have been. Sometimes special circumstances and events like this have a way of overwhelming us, and although that's no excuse for the lack of communication, it was a chaotic night for us. As was indicated on your review on our brand website, please feel free to contact us any time to discuss your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kimberly B.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I booked the Staybridge mainly on the positive feedback on the breakfast from other reviewers. We like to go to hotels that have a hot free breakfast, it's economical and saves us the stress of a "restaurant" trip with a 4 yr old. The breakfast (on a Saturday) was basic, but good (though we stayed away from the corned beef/potato... we think that was what it was mix). They had a waffle maker available, which I brought my own mix (I am a strict clean eater). They had the usual hot items, bacon (thin thin), eggs, salsa, cheese, jalapenos, hard boiled eggs (thank heavens for me!). They also had oatmeal, several kinds of milk, juice and a couple different yogurts. Fruit was available, bagels, etc-the usual continental fare. Overall, my family was fed and happy and I was able to eat some things without much fuss or changes needed (which is NICE). I give the Breakfast 3.5/5 stars (It is FREE...can't complain too much about that!)

The Hotel:
The roof is being replaced, which isn't a big deal-especially since the clerk was nice enough to acknowledge that our room was on the top floor and she immediately found us a different room, even upgraded us to a slightly larger room (it was wonderful!!) for no extra charge and was happy to do it!
The location isn't too bad, there are several restaurants close by (within walking distance if you wanted to walk) that are family friendly. If you plan to be going into the bricktown area, plan around a 15-20 minute commute from the hotel to those locations, however.
The hotel is easy to find, thankfully- and in good repair, room was clean, comfortable bed, needs met.
We would stay here again!!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom and it was very nice to have a seperate space for us and our son. Th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family