“Exceptional staff, clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2415 South Meridian Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #34 of 146 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Longmont, Colorado
“Exceptional staff, clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. We arrived on Friday and check-in for our very large group (softball team) was easy and efficient. By 5pm, severe storms were approaching and they kept us updated on the situation. By 6pm, we were ushered into tornado shelters at the hotel. The hotel employees on duty, Ian and Ram, were amazing at keeping us informed, calm, and safe. We lost power at about 7 and didn't get it back until 5 the next day. Tornados had hit about three blocks away on either side of the hotel. Even during an emergency, the hotel and staff did their best to keep us comfortable and safe. The hotel was very clean, beds were very comfortable, and the housekeeping staff was always available to make sure we had what we needed. We will definitely stay again if we ever are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The front desk employees, and especially the manager, are were openly hostile towards me because I got such great discount through Priceline. I requested a ground floor room but they put me on the fourth floor, which is obviously where they put all the people they consider undesirable. People up there had almost enough kids to open up a schoolhouse. Kids were constantly screaming and running up and down the halls. Every 2 seconds there was a door either opening or slamming shut. I called to complain but nothing was done.
In fact, this hotel does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about loud guests. They may tell them somebody complained but that is it. Housekeeping does not speak a word of English so unless you speak Spanish don't even bother trying to talk to them.
For breakfast they have switched to Styrofoam plates. I hate Styrofoam plates. A huge mistake. One of the things I used to like about this place was that they used real plates. Now it is just cheap and tacky. The rooms are awesome but the service is absolutely horrible.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
OKCCountry, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service as everyguest is important to us. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for General Manager.
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our third stay at this hotel and we have always had a good experience. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the public areas were all well kept. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I must say, this was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had! The hotel felt like home - great beds, spacious bathroom, lots of hot water, beautiful furnishings, and a fabulous breakfast! This truly was the best hotel breakfast I've ever eaten. This made my trip so much more affordable. We certainly will go back. I can not think of a single negative aspect to my stay. Everyone was very personable and always willing to help with directions, etc. I promise you will not be disappointed with this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Have stayed in many hotels as business traveler and this is one of the worst.. Not. even a 2 star rating would be given. Room dirty carpets worn needs updating. Coffe pot not work and staff not helpful. Would never recommend or stay again. Was chosen due to location to airport but will go somewhere else next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OKCCountry, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the roomduring your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for General Manager .
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My stay at this hotel on April 1st was exceptional. Comfortable and caring hospitality, great amenities and Associates focused on ensuring our stay was hassle free. After calling the hotel directly to verify hotel shuttle and room details, I booked a great rate through Southwest Airlines.Upon arriving, the shuttle was quick to pick us up at the rental car location, I had requested a senior rate room with windows that opened, and was thrilled at check in to see that we had been upgraded to an amazingly comfortable suite on the 4th floor.The Asst Mgr made sure the windows would open. Great breakfast and a quick trip to the airport the next morning made this one of the nicest hassle free trips ever in Okla. I have made this trip for the last 10 years to visit and check on my elderly Mother and have stayed at the majority of hotels by the airport, after experiencing the customer oriented service by the Staff at this hotel, I now have a new home..

Room Tip: 4th Floor with windows facing the fields are quieter..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gentry, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The suite was nice and clean. The AC unit was a bit noisy but nothing that kept me awake. There must have been a tournament in town because there were a ton of kids at the hotel. Usually this means hearing them running up and down the halls. Either all the parents kept them quiet or the hotel had really good insulation. I never heard them after I went in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK? Share your experiences!