“Nice clean place to saty” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2415 South Meridian Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #42 of 146 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Gentry, Arkansas
“Nice clean place to saty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The suite was nice and clean. The AC unit was a bit noisy but nothing that kept me awake. There must have been a tournament in town because there were a ton of kids at the hotel. Usually this means hearing them running up and down the halls. Either all the parents kept them quiet or the hotel had really good insulation. I never heard them after I went in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked last minute on Hotwire, so got a great deal. Hotwire transmitted the reservation information incorrectly, so when I arrived, the hotel was booked, and they did not have a room available to accomodate us. The front desk staff showed me the information sent directly from Hotwire (compared to my printed reservation with conflicting information). Despite their error, she worked to find us a room that would work (though not without difficulty.)

Room: 4th floor, reasonably quiet (we heard no room to room noise and little hallway noise), spacious, usual amenities, all in working order.

The hotel needs some attention overall. Nothing that's a big deal, but several little things you notice (cracks in walls here and there, rust on doors in pool area, carpets and some common area furnishings that need cleaning and/or replacing.) Overall, nothing that would inconvenience you, but a lot of minor things that could be fixed without too much difficulty and help the place be nicer.

Breakfast is above average for mid-range hotel, pool area gets a little crowded, but decent and reasonably clean, parking was plentiful. The hotel sits back from Meridian, making it pretty quiet.

All in all, it was fine for a night or two, and we would return for a short stay. The staff made me rate the hotel a little better than I might have otherwise.

Room Tip: Top floor, back side, away from elevator made for a nice, quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
OKCCountry, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that we were able to accommodate you inspite of hotwire made error on your reservations. I had discussed your concern about little maintenance about walls and pool area with our management and we have already started doing painting work on it. Once again thank you for your feedback, and again for staying with us. Have a fantastic week.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have never had anything but good things to say about Country Inn and Suite Properties, until now. This has definitely been the worse stay of my life. We arrived around 7pm, we get into a room, finally, then the keys don't work on the door, no big deal, right? Then we get new keys only to find out that we have been checked into a room that is occupied. Thank goodness no one was there, as a single mother traveling with her two young boys, that situation could have been potentially very dangerous. We go back down to the desk and they tell me there is no room for us, finally they found us a room, 45 minutes later, and the room reeked of paint fumes. I asked the General Manager if there is any way he can compensate me, he said "I will give you 10% off." To me, that was a slap in the face. I have worked in the hospitality industry for some time, and that is not acceptable. The staff and GM were very uncaring and thought the situation was no big deal. I guess the safety of their guests is not a priority.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Judy,

Dear Judy,
First off, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at our hotel. I understand that it wasn’t the best of experiences during your stay with us. By mistake my front desk clerks have given you a wrong room key. Guest security is one of main concern for us. I want to apologize for all those issues. Obviously that isn’t what we strive to do here and is by no means the standard that we have set for ourselves. I have gone over these issues with my front desk clerk. Your return business is very important to us, and we want your next visit to be your best visit, I want you to be happy with your stay before you even walk out the door. I had already comped your room for that stay Please feel free at any time to contact me personally when planning your next visit to Oklahoma City, and I will see to it that everything is up to the Country Inn and Suites standard, and your expectations as well. Please give me an opportunity to make this right for you, it would be my pleasure. Thank you for your feedback, and again for staying with us. Have a fantastic week.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here for one night and the receptionist at the desk had top notch service. I had to go to an interview after checking out the next day but she offered to look after my luggage and pay for the cab to the airport afterwards. The fact that the place is clean and roomy is also a plus. I'll probably use Country Inn from now on.

• Stayed February 2013
Philadelphia suburb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is an excellent hotel near the airport. It is very well run. The staff is very friendly. The room is nicely furnished with desk, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. There is also always coffee, regular and decaf and tea in the lobby. The morning to breakfast is very good. The room is very clean. The television offers a great channel line up. I highly recommend this hotel. It is an excellent hotel that gives great value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here the first night of a roadtrip, after driving 14 hours. Got in late (as in, when most of the fast food places were closed or closing) and we were both hungry/cranky. Staff was really pleasant and disarming.

Property was clean and room was decent - we basically crashed after finally getting some horrid Arby's down the street, but enjoyed breakfast the next morning. They actually had quite the nice layout of options - including some healthier options (fruit, light yogurt) as well. Booked primarily for price and location along our route, and was happy with what we got.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I moved from a gross hotel last minute and arrived here at 9 a.m. in the morning. The front desk was so nice to accommodate me and got a room ready for me by 10:00 a.m. They were professional, understanding and the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless.
I would go here again and highly recommend it. Thanks to the lady at the front desk who worked diligently to get me a room. Thanks.
MM 12/20/12

Room Tip: Kind staff, professional. Rooms were clean, beds were clean and soft. Cookies in the evening, breakf...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, OK? Share your experiences!