“A bit disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Grandison at Maney Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oklahoma City
The Grandison at Maney Park
You added The Grandison at Maney Park to your Saves list
1200 N. Shartel, Oklahoma City, OK 73103   |
Memphis, Tennessee
“A bit disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'd have to agree with the NC couple. Grandison is a stately old house--- that they are trying to renovate. But as a B&B, hospitality was lacking and breakfast on a weekday is a (tiny) butler's closet with cold cereal and self-service beverages. I really expect more from a B&B experience. Hampton Inn offers a similar breakfast plus a place to sit down. Rooms are small and WAY overdone. Clear out some of that stuff and make room for guests.

Our toilet didn't work well, and no-- I didn't report it. I shouldn't have to.....we just left

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Horse Shoe, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We should have done our homework and checked this B & B out on Trip Advisor but we were in a hurry to book lodging in OC and didn’t want to stay in a chain hotel. From the beautifully designed web site this B & B looked like a “jewel”…historic home, many amenities, beautifully decorated, what looked like a lovely place to stay with a lot of character and charm. Surprise!! Hospitality was not part of the package! Although the bedroom with whirlpool tub was attractive, the lack of order and inattentiveness with the front desk, the clutter around the outside of the house, and the disappointment with a “breakfast” that we had misread about (continental breakfast during the week) we were feeling we had made a poor choice. After getting settled we decided to checkout what was written on Trip Advisor. What a “hoot.” The stories were quite entertaining and the concerns (negatives) numerous. A big contrast from the glowing journal entries and comments that we read in the B & B’s guest book. We did not find the character and charm of a typical B & B and next time we’ll do our homework and choose a local hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I spent out anniversary at the Grandison and with this being our first time at a bed & breakfast We didn't really know what to expect however it was nice and relaxing. The room was a decent size and they had cable in the room, lots of movies to rent for no charge. The only thing i didn't like was that there wasn't a real door to close off the toliet lol, it was like the double swinging doors (way too intimate for me!) The room was inviting although I wasn't thrill with the carpet that surrounded our tub however we made due. The food was fresh daily and they had a great menu every morning. My husband especially liked the food bar that included cake that was available if you got the munchies! Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Black Mountain, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I came here as a person interested in stepping back in time and enjoying a part of our history. This place was so beautiful. It enchants you with a storybook feel. The rooms are small but incredibly intimate and romantic. If you are just with friends like I was it will feel cramped but this is the perfect size for lovers and dreamers. I took a bath in a nice jacuzzi tub and slept really well. The breakfast was a bit odd- but then I have never had a egg, bacon, cheese cup before... it's apparently a regional thing. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Providence Village, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Grandison is a true oasis in Oklahoma City. I thoroughly enjoyed my one-night stay and had a peaceful, serene night's rest. The Jacuzzi tub was so relaxing after a hard day -- and the special closet with extra toiletries really came in handy! Lovely decor and a comfy mattress -- and a special trip back in time to a more gracious, slow-paced time. My stress levels dropped immediately! Thanks for a great visit.

Room Tip: The Memory Cove room is quiet and secluded; overlooks the garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Grandison, and will stay many more. If all you want is a place to sleep, you can go anywhere. If you appreciate details like I do, you have to try it out! The house is full of decorative pieces that make it feel like home: they keep essentials on hand for whatever you forgot, homemade snacks and a cup of tea in the evening make it easy to relax, along with a bath in the hot tub surrounded by candlelight. On my last trip, I accidentally left a diamond ring. Before I even realized I had left it, Claudia called to let me know they found it! These folks do a fantastic job!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and beautiful. Some have both shower and jacuzzi, some have one or the other...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Could not find a reasonably priced hotel near downtown, so decided to try the Grandison, which is located in a near-downtown older neighborhood in the NW quadrant. The interior is beautiful, with many interesting period pieces relevant to OKC. The rooms were large, each with a private bath, sitting chairs, flat screen TV, DVD player, and again beautifully decorated.The AC worked fine. The woodwork throughout the house is amazing - all the original floor wood is there, as well as the original windows.Reservations and check-in were a snap and went flawlessly. The couple that own the house have done a great job from top to botttom, and they were very gracious hosts. This was a nice change from the nearby chains, and at $99 per weeknight (if you ask for the corporate rate), it was a real bargain. Although the exterior needs just a little work, it is being refurbished and repainted. Oh - and plenty of free parking. (Weekday visitors get a continental breakfast with a nice choice of fresh muffins, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and of course coffee.)

Room Tip: Newer rooms are towards the back, but all rooms I saw seemed fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Grandison at Maney Park? Share your experiences!