“Clean hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Lisle, Il
“Clean hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here in August for one night, first floor room near pool, kids in pool when we arrived but left area promptly at closing time, not too loud! Room was spotless, food for breakfast quite good and location off expressway can't be beat, we will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lucy H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear MarybethK,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 405-840-5557.

Lucy Hayward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Heath, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night for a wedding in town. We arrived with a very short amount of time to change and get to the wedding nearby. The check in was very fast and made it easy for us to get to the church with plenty of time. The hotel was clean and beds comfortable. The breakfast was ready and hot for our quick stop there and on our way. The only negative was the evening after the wedding in the dark a lady and her dog approached us with her crying and begging for help. Don't know if this is typical but gave her some cash and she was on her way. The location is not easy to see from the roads but if you look real close you can see a sign pointing to the road to the motel. It was a good stay for the price around $120.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your most recent trip to our hotel. We thank you for your business and loyalty to the Hyatt Place brand. Please feel free to contact us in the future when you return to the Oklahoma City area.

Warm Regards,

Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

While it does have all the benefits of a Hyatt place, the location is terrible - it is right next to a freeway. I was one the 3'd floor, and I felt the vibration every time a truck drove by.
I moved to the 1'st floor the next day, and while that was a lot better. In any case, I am not taking the chance to experience a sleepless night again..

I must say the breakfast was pretty decent, and the rooms are nice. And it is pretty cheap.

So, if you can bear the road noise (or turn on the A/C fan full blast), and can sleep through it, this is the place for you..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear GM13_10,

Duncan, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband, 1 year old son and I arrived at Hyatt Place Friday evening and were promptly greeted and given a small tour of the snack bar, breakfast area, computer area and where the elevators were located. The front desk clerk was very friendly. Our room was spacious and clean. We had high expectations because we had stayed at a HP in San Antonio. The location of this hotel really worked for us. Next to Penn Square mall, other shops, restaurants and just a very short drive to the zoo, Remington Park and the Omniplex. Breakfast was also nice. The small eating area got quite busy and we did have to wait for them a few times to replenish the food. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear tarajackson83,

Santa Monica, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a solid business class hotel that was perfectly fine for our needs. The front desk sometimes gets a little overloaded but for the most part, everything was fine. The room was nice and big, free Wifi worked fine, had a beer in the "bar" before heading to bed.

This is tucked in behind the Courtyard and whatever noise from the nearby freeway is masked by the AC which was decent white noise. Breakfast is a little cramped but was fine.

Not really for families but fine for business or adults.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Paperson,

Everywhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just a little background. I paid about 120/night for a hotel with more space and a little more plush than Best Western, Quality Inn for a special weekend.

Check-in: Quick but not efficient. No info about hotel, breakfast, fitness room location, my room location. Nada. I was given a room on the first floor near the lobby but quickly asked for another floor. Definitely request another floor. There are sports teams that stay here and they hang in the lobby having a good time til after midnight. They weren't intentionally loud, but 20 plus teenagers talking over one another equals loud.

Room: Yikes! yes the AC is loud. It will wake you up unless you sleep with the TV on. Ended up with a room on the third floor. Right outside the elevator. Bing Bing from the elevator day/night. I had one suitcase and it would not fit into the closet. It's very small. You will have to store any luggage in the living room area. Carpet was saturated near the fridge area. I don't know if it was the fridge or what was leaking but I think it's nasty to have your feet wet from an unknown substance as soon as you arrive. Cheap iron spilled rust colored water on my shirt. Stains on the iron board cover. Cracked linoleum in the bathroom. Molding coming off the sides of the bathtub. Went back down to the lobby. I was told that the hotel was full and to check back in about an hour or so. Notified the desk attendant that the carpet was saturated around the fridge area. Came back a few hours later following dinner, got a different attendant who didn't know anything about my request and of course they were all full by then. He wrote it down that there was a leak somewhere in the room. Get to the room, the TV won't turn on. I go down to the desk and they tell me to jiggle the cord or push it in a little harder behind the TV. That this happens all the time and that's how to fix it. For 120/night, I'm jiggling cords to get a workable TV???? Shouldn't checking the TV be part of making sure the room is ready for arrivals?

Next morning: 8am the front desk calls and asks if maintenance can come up now to check for the leak. I'm dead asleep. This is supposed to be a special weekend. No, please give me about 45 minutes to wake up and shower please. 20 minutes later, the phone rings. Can maintenance come up now? No. So I rush to get dressed and leave for the morning. I don't know if it was ever fixed as no note was left that said what the issue was

Breakfast: I called to ask the times as this info is not provided at check-in. I was told 6-10am. Alert: If you stay over a weekday. Breakfast is over at 930am. I didn't get that information. Packed due to the sports teams. The staff did the best they could replenishing.There's a choice of 2 hot items: 1 day it was an open faced ham McMuffin and either waffles or pancakes. The rest is continental: bagels,muffins, coffee, juice, watery oatmeal. About what you expect at Quality Inn but at least you can make a hot waffle at quality inn. Everything was lukewarm even when it was first put out. And they start packing it up about 955 regardless if you are standing there waiting for your toast.

Lobby/pool: I wandered around and found the fitness room and pool. No one was using either the times I went there. The pool is indoors, small but looked clean. The lobby area is very clean and well presented. I wish they would put more of the presentation into the rooms. I ate/drank at the galley a few times. Pizzas do not have much flavor. Order a pizza from delivery. The fruit plate was presented with cold pita bread and vegetables in lieu of fruit. Wasn't good. The beer prices are reasonable. I came back down to lobby to warm up my leftover chicken in the microwave for dinner. After 4 minutes it still wasn't hot. The desk was busy so I wasn't able to tell them

The hotel was booked my 2nd day here also so I kept the original room. I was disappointed and slightly embarrassed since I had selected this hotel for our special weekend for a less than average place. They have suites at Quality Inn. Its rated higher than this place here on tripadvisor. It's about half the price and more closet space. Go there

Room Tip: Away from highway, away from elevator, not first floor. And that's too many away froms so go els...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Davissummer24,

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in early August. Out of 6 hotels on our road trip, this was the only hotel that did not have a crib available for our 10 month old. The man at the front said there were only 3 cribs on the property and I was out of luck for the night. No apology, no regret. I don't normally comment on hotel floors but the floor was old and tired and we had to rig a makeshift bed for our infant. The next day, I called the front desk to see if a crib was available for the 2nd night. A crib was available but they refused to deliver it to the room and I was informed if I wanted it, I needed to pick it up myself. The room was large with plenty of space but the AC only cooled half the room. Not a positive in the middle of an August heatwave. The restroom and living areas were nice and the free breakfast was good. The location can also be tricky to find. It is directly behind the Marriott and McDonalds off of NW Expressway. Turn into the Marriott parking lot to find it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lucy H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Goodhelmet,

I sincerely apologize for all that you experienced while you were a guest here at the Hyatt Place NW Oklahoma City. I have spoken to the desk agent who you encountered about the crib and explained the way the situation was handled was not appropriate. I would love to have you back in the future for a weekend stay so we can have a future loyal Hyatt guest.

If there is anything else I may do for you please email me below. I thank you for your comments, they help us to improve.

Please email me at lucy.reser@hyatt.com.

Lucy Hayward

Been to Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest? Share your experiences!