“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Kansas
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

When I walked in the door of our room I said, "wow!" Beautiful room and so well arranged in this king bedroom suite. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Just a couple of suggestions, this hotel is located very close to the highway, so if road noise bothers you, ask for a room on the front side and on a low floor. There is no in-room microwave. The lobby didn't have maps or brochures of local attractions/sight seeing, but the staff was willing to print out directions for us. The breakfast was a little better than most "comp" breakfasts in that they had some hot items prepared and used real dishes/tableware, not plastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I appreciate all of your professional outlooks and suggestions for the hotel. Everyday is learning for us all and I always look forward for guests to share their observations within the hotel and how procedures or services can be improved and or changed to better accommodate our guests. I will get some additional information together regarding local attractions for visiting guests and make it available at the front desk. It is more important to spend your time out doing the things that you came to do, not searching for things to do and how to get there. We also have two complimentary microwaves available upon request and are on a first come first serve basis, for them to be used in the guest rooms. I thank you again for the feedback, and I do hope that you come to see us in the near future. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Hyatt Place Northwest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

where do I start? from the helpful front desk employees at check in to the courteous young lady assisting me with check out this was a very pleasurable short business stay. discovered a new wine recommended by 1 of the staff which I'm sure will be now be my new favorite Merlot. room was so relaxing and homey, pretty sure the Hyatt Place will be my new fav business hotel if they all live up to OKC's.

• Stayed October 2012
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I am honored to hear that my staff accommodated you in such a positive way during your stay. We all enjoy what we do for Hyatt and at the hotel level, making sure that all of our guests always have a positive and memorable stay with us, because this ensures all guests to come and see us in the future. I do hope that you will make the Hyatt Place Northwest your premier choice when visiting the Oklahoma City area. We will continue to attempt to make each of your stays with us as consistent and as positive as this most recent stay. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask at any time.

Thank you!

Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The biggest complaint is that we had very large crickets in our room. The staff sprayed for them after our first complaint but afterwards we came back to 6. At night we heard them chirping under the bed & flitting against the A/C. If we tried to read in bed they would fly toward the light. It was a very unpleasant experience. We complained several times & the staff offered to move us to an upper room (we were on 2nd floor) but they could not guarantee no crickets so we packed up & moved to a different hotel. Also the furniture in the lobby was very ratty & needs replaced. On the plus side: the breakfast sandwiches were good. I would not recommend this hotel. The staff was polite & said we should come back after the first frost & there will be no crickets. My concern: if large crickets can get in the room, what other critters can also? No thanks!

• Stayed October 2012
I apologize for the inconvenience with the crickets in the room, as they have made your impression of our hotel a negative one. Unfortunately, the Oklahoma City area has had a large problem with crickets this year due to not having a winter this past year. We have been doing everything possible to prevent any inconveniences with this city wide issue, and our routine maintenance of these insects has been on a regular schedule and has helped, but due to the large outbreak of them city wide, some tend to sneak in and make for unpleasant sighting once in a while. I assure you that this issue is and has been under control, and the hotel is not being over run by them, and we have maintained to keep them under control. The chairs in the lobby are set to be replaced and are in the condition they are in due to someone vandalizing them. I should be receiving the new chairs soon and I am expecting them to arrive any day. I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future, because you are a valued guest to us all at Hyatt Place. Should there be anything that I can do to keep you as a guest and to have you return to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My family of five stayed at this hotel on a recent trip. I don't usually stay at Hyatt's but the staff at this Hyatt did make me a believer. Our room was very nice had a lot of amenities that we appreciated. Small kitchen, with sink and refrigerator. It had a wrap around large sofa that was separate from the bedroom. All five of us slept comfortably in this room with the pull out sofa actually being comfortable (that is a first for me). Nice big t.v., well designed because you could watch it comfortably from both the bed and sofa area. But I think my most favorite surprise was the breakfast. Visually it was well done, great setup staff on top of things....filling back up when things were running low, and basically just on top of breakfast. Ive been to too many chains that are understaffed and you have to ask for more food. I like Hyatt and my experience at this one will influence how I chose in the future. Good job staff way to be on top of things. One tip....the ac filter (and vent) on the ceiling inside of the breakfast sitting area are dirty....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for submitting a message to TripAdvisor, as well as for having such generous things to say on such a professional observation during your stay. We have all worked hard for our guests to provide a consistent well maintained environment for all of our guests. We added the new HOT breakfast on May 1st, and we have gotten great reviews from it once it was rolled out. I do hope that we have won you over as a permanent Hyatt guest, because each and every one of our guests is important and is within all of our best interests to make sure that we do all we can to ensure them to return for a future stay at our property. If there is anything else that I can do, please do not hesitate to call upon me at your convenience.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very helpful staff when checking-in at front. Also Mgr. on duty took the time to go over several nearby options for dinner. Gave me a great recommendation based on my interests. Larege comfortable room. Sectional sofa and big screen tv were great. Would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
I am honored that the Hyatt Place Northwest was able to accommodate you in such a positive way, during your stay with us. The Hyatt Place is a very unique designed hotel that many current guests and futuristic guests seem to admire when they come to visit or tour the hotel. I hope that you come to visit us in the near future, because each and every one of our guests that comes to stay with us, we hope that they will be a guest for life. If there is anything that I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to ask or call upon me at any time. Thank you, and we hope to see you soon.

Coffeyville, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

A buddy and I were in town for a concert a couple of miles, we booked the Hyatt Place. Checking in was fast and easy. After check in, the gentleman at the desk showed us around the hotel property, informing us all the amenities available. The room was very spacious and clean. The HD television set has inputs available for any electronic device you might bring with you. There were two sinks and mirrors available. The couch was very comfortable. The beds and pillows were perfect. When we asked the employees at the desk about the restaurants nearby, they were happy to assist us. We ate what they called a continental breakfast. I wouldn't label it that. There were hot griddle sandwiches and pancakes readily available. The atmosphere in the lobby/dining area had a community feel to it. It's a great way to start the day. If you choose to bring your own food, you can use the microwave, plates and silverware in the dining area anytime. We didn't order the lunch/dinner on site at the hotel, but all selections were very reasonably priced. What I noticed most about this property is that it seemed like everybody who worked here actually enjoyed what they were doing. Every hotel employee I walked by always smiled and always greeted me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for such kind words regarding the Hyatt Place Northwest. My staff takes great pride in each and every guest experience, and they all work hard as a team to accomplish the goal of all guests having a positive experience during their stay at the Hyatt Place Northwest. The word team means a lot to team Hyatt, and to know that on all levels, we achieved our goal in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We all hope that whenever you visit the Oklahoma City area that you will forever choose to stay at the Hyatt Place Northwest, and continue to receive our genuine and personable hospitality. Should there be anything that I or any member of my staff can ever do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask or call upon any of us during your next visit to the Hyatt Place Northwest.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I traveled to the NCAA College World Series and my usual hotel was booked up so someone suggested this new hotel. I was very pleased. Free cooked breakfast with fresh fruit, Starbucks coffee, very nice surroundings with a great staff. Huge standard rooms with very comfortable beds. Mini kitchen with fridge and living room all for about 99.00 a night. WOW. Just like a Hilton , or Marriott with a full breakfast for free. Very close to shopping and food. Cant say enough about this hotel. Very modern decor.

Room Tip: All rooms are great