“Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Ames, Iowa
“Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a nice, clean hotel. After three days here I must say that I have found all the staff to be really friendly - something that is important to me. Room is clean and comfortable. Breakfast is pretty good for a 'free' breakfast. Very close to a bunch of big stores, restaurants and bars and also pretty close to the airport. Guest do-it-yourself laundry is clean and up-to-date. Small pool but well maintained. I will be back next month and will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: My room with two queen beds was a little narrow with the TV at one end. This might be a problem if...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed here for one night while passing through Oklahoma. It has a great location off I-40 and was easily accessible. The room was very clean and spacious (we had a king room with a living area attached). The bed was comfortable but a little firm This hotel seemed to be quiet as well. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, with a wide variety of options (cereal, fruit, pastries, eggs, bacon, waffles). I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to others.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Okla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Front desk excellent, housekeeping staff very friendly and ready to help with our every need.
Excellent breakfast selection as well, close to eating of any kind of dining or fast food you may want, shopping close as well

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
wichita kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I would have to say Marriott is one of my favorite brands and this Springhill Suites is very great. The staff are very personable. The GM is out greeting guests and leading by example.

Very roomy! Walk in closets.
Evening reception Monday to Thursday with beverages and a great appetizer that many could use as a small meal. Breakfast is great as well.
Within walking distance there is a Golden Corral and Jack in the Box and many places within a few minutes including a Wal Mart and Steak and Shake...

The staff takes pride in their hotel and guest service and they were painting while we were there with little notice or discomfort.

The only problem I had was hot water (lack of) in the shower. The manager himself apologized and it was good enough for me.

I will be back.

Room Tip: a view of Jack in the Box on front side or interstate or a local trucking company on other sides...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
tulsa okalahoma, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Marriott's Springhill Suites Airport West is NOT friendly to Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon participants. Please reconsider any thoughts of staying there next year. My group has stayed at this hotel the last three years uneventfully. This year (April 2014), however, three rooms were charged a late fee for not checking out by 3:00 pm, actual checkout was 3:30 pm. This was unavoidable due to the late start of the race by two hours (severe thunderstorms and lightning)and the fact that my marathon relay group was on the course for over 6 and 1/2 hours. Riding in one car, the group waited until the last relay leg was in and then we immediately left for the hotel. The desk clerk was unable to reverse the charge, although he said the hotel was only 40% occupied on Sunday night, and had no need for the three rooms. Talked to the hotel manager the next day and he was something less than sympathetic and downright rude (and complaints about no air conditioning in one room and no water in another fell on deaf ears). Subsequent written requests to Corporate to waive the late fee were denied. One member of our group is a Marriott rewards member for more than twenty years with many points and that was not persuasive either. We appreciate the need for rules and regulations (and we know that a 3:00 pm checkout time is generous) but there are sometimes mitigating circumstances to be considered, as in a two hour rain delay that was not expected nor controllable. Other hotels (Holiday Inn) in the area did not charge a late fee for racers. Our group will not stay there next year with so many other race-friendly hotels in the area. Marriott comes up short on this one as they lost ten rooms revenue, from year-in year-out customers, to gain the three room one day late charge one time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. The staff was amazing... they found my meeting spot and had directions waiting for me when I came down to leave. they joked and cut-up with me and all of the staff were very friendly... I'm a huge breakfast person and I enjoyed the fresh fruit they had with the breakfast. I will definitely stay again when I'm in OKC....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hobart, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed one night with 2 other families. They got a great rate when we all called in. Also the pool was very warm Which was nice for our niece that was 10 months old. Breakfast was very nice the next morning. There was 3 rooms booked and all 3 had showers only. So make sure you ask for tub if you want one Over all a good stay. The only thing that was broken was our ac. Dripped in floor in room. By the time morning came there was a puddle. We told front desk when we checked out they said they would get it fixed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Airport? Share your experiences!