“Some things could have been better, but we still enjoyed our stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Biltmore Hotel Oklahoma

You added Biltmore Hotel Oklahoma to your Saves list
Biltmore Hotel Oklahoma
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 South Meridian, (Interstate 40 and Meridian Avenue), Oklahoma City, OK 73108   |
Ranked #117 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
wellington, ks
“Some things could have been better, but we still enjoyed our stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We read reviews for this hotel after we had already booked it, so we went in with very low expectations, however, we ended up having a great time. The hotel had good and bad points, bad first.
Bad : They really need to buy new pool furniture! Every lounge chair was broke. The hotel is an older hotel in need of updating and repair. I don't think our AC ever worked right either. One of the attached bars, The Sports Page, is pretty disgusting. We went there because it was advertised as a sports bar featuring off-track betting on horse races. We thought it would be a nice safer alternative to going to Remington Park becasue we could drink and watch the races and not have to worry about driving back to our hotel. The place was so dissapointing. There were some scary looking people in there, and the place smelled like cigarette smoke and B.O. Worst bar I have ever been in.
Good: Our room was clean and spacious. There was a mini-fridge and a microwave in our room. Our bed was comfortable. There are 3 outdoor pools, an indoor/outdoor pool, a hot tub, tennis courts, an exercise room - lot's of things to do at the hotel. There are 3 bars, one is quiet and cozy, another is a country dance club, and the 3rd I mentioned above under "bad". We were given a free drink card at check-in. We were also given free breakfast each day, and it was a fair all-you can-eat hot breakfast buffet in the Brandywine Restaurant, complete with waitstaff. We had the same waitress both mornings and she was very nice. The rooms are quite reasonable..$60 - $75 a night, really a decent rate. There are several good restaurants in the area as well.
To sum it up, if you are a hotel diva, this is not the place for you, but if you're looking for a place that is reasonably prriced with lots of things for the family to do, you may want to give this a try.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

To start off with a good note: I had a good check-in experience with Vikki who was quite knowledgeable and handled my somewhat complicated reservation with ease. She is personable and cooperative and made MY check-in experience a breeze. As far as the other people staying here, I'd venture to say it wasn't so easy for them. Every time I was near the front desk, there seemed to be 3 or 4 workers behind the desk, but not actually helping the people waiting in line for help. I spent some time in the lobby waiting for a meeting to start--watched several check-in processes and I can't say I saw any one of them run smoothly (none were handled by Vikki, unfortunately for the customers). One thing you need to know about Oklahoma: The workers like to talk. When they are talking, they are not multi-tasking (like getting you checked in), believe me. I saw this also when I was trying to sleep one morning. The maids stood in the hallway and chattered loudly en Espanol for at least 15 minutes. Every time I looked out the peephole the 3 were standing in the same spot--room door open, maid cart at the ready--chattering. A couple of other things about this hotel that you NEED to know. No elevators. None. Restaurant food is just terrible. I had a BLT with bacon that was literally uncooked on half the bacon. The diner at the table next to me ordered "chicken fried chicken" and was served some huge lumps of chicken that looked like they were doused with buffalo wing sauce. Not as described on the menu, and another diner told us she had ordered the same chicken and it was just normal (boneless) fried chicken, not this unnatural red-colored fried plate of food. The server was quite nice and let the diner order another item (chicken fingers) that looked normal. There is a decent business center and all the computers and printers worked. But this hotel has seen WAY better days and the lack of an elevator is a deal-breaker for me if I have to carry heavy briefcases and luggage myself up the stairs. Have stayed here twice before (it's where my meetings were scheduled) so I was prepared for the mediocrity. Not much within walking distance: McDonald's, a really lame Denny's and across 4 lanes of traffic, an On The Border about 1/4 mile down the road.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

I liked the place! I was there for a conference and I thought it was the perfect spot for it. I was a bit concerned by the negative reviews I saw before I went but found I was pleasantly surprised. I liked the free shuttle to and from the airport and the fact they had a computer room with printer where I could print my boarding pass.

It is a big place spread out on what I would guess is 10 acres. With 500+ rooms and the old 2 story layout meant conference people were not crammed together. I was on the 2nd floor and I think my room was a little nicer. Many, especially those with mobility problems, prefer to stay on the ground floor and park by their rooms so I think the upper rooms maybe used less. I saw 3 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool plus hot tub and tennis courts and picnic area.

I had a king sized bed, coffee table, couch, work desk, fridge, microwave, iron and board, hair dryer, soaps, shampoos, TV and strong wireless internet. The room and sheets were clean. The food was good and there were many many eating places nearby.

Negatives: stupid door lock card often took several tries to get green light and open. On a couple of days of my 6 day stay it was mid afternoon before my room was cleaned. Front desk was not that knowledgeable on local restaurants and bus routes.

While it was great for a conference of several days, if I were just passing through and staying one night, I might choose one of the smaller motels/hotels nearby if they were cheaper.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

It looked like the principal’s office and the entrance to a state prison. As I entered the lobby, a little blond woman with pigtails and 3 out-sourced security guards discussing a “person of interest, roaming the hotel complex”, ignored me. A woman who was suspected of making a little cash working out of the motel’s sport’s bar! Terry was assigned to help us unload…we were told to circle the grounds to find our assigned room…as it was number 645 I thought 6th floor, maybe? Nope…3 separate complexes later and getting the car hung on a ice-covered concrete parking lot bumper we finally found our entrance…I asked Terry for a luggage cart “ahh…what??”, nope not in this building!!! Nothing could prepared us for our deluxe suite with sofa, work station (with no chair) and courtyard views…something out of the 1970s…a smoking room with a stink of a thousand smoked cigars and a decade of stale cigarette stink with no effort to “freshen” the "smoking" room ever made. The windows screwed shut. Every surface including the plastic bathroom sink and all table edges had cigarette burns – perhaps because of the lack ashtrays…we had 10 minutes to order room service from the coffee shop before it closed…we ate at the bedside table as we has no table or chairs in the room. We first stripped the bed to check for cleanliness, etc. The sheets were washed. As I went back to bed after a bathroom break about 6:45am I tripped and fell over the edge of the bed bruising a rib. We decided not to shower in the filty bathroom. Had it not been such a late check-in and the freezing drizzle we should have bypassed the motel – but exhaustion made us too tired to push on for a better place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed here for a dog show and the place was great! Service was spectacular ,price was good, rooms were very clean, and staff is wonderful. The breakfast buffet was very good and convenient. We also held an event in one of their meeting rooms during the stay and the service was over the top professional !! They were on top of everything we needed ,served very good food, and made sure we wanted for nothing. Would Highly recommend!!
The indoor pool and wading pool were very clean and great for our little girl, and the on grounds dance club was perfect for some night time fun with no driving needed, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I would never stay at this place again. You can't get away from the smoke. They are catering to locals to come in their bars (and there are several) and the result is smoke down the halls that you can't get away from. They didn't even bother telling us where room 400 was...We assumed on the 4th floor (isn't that how other places work)...no, it was in another building. The light on the bedside table wouldn't work, and when I tried calling about it - no one would even answer the phone at the front desk. I moved a table in front of the door that led to the outside because it didn't seem secure. The price was way to much for what they offer.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
yakima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

So I read alot of negative reviews about the Hotel before hand but I decided to try it out with my girl friend during early August.

First off I did express in my reservations that I had read some negative reviews and was hoping that they weren't true. I honestly think this helped the service.

The Bad:
-Our room wasn't ready when they said it was and had dirty pillows in it but they fixed this immediately.
-Our room was right next to a Banquet Room that had a family reunion going until about 11:00 P.M.
-Overall the place seemed old but not unkempt.

The Good:
-The food at the Brandy Wine (The hotel restaurant) was delicious. It tasted like real southern cooking. We ate at the breakfast buffet and we had lunch twice and dinner once. Very friendly staff and very good food. i can personally say that they have a very good salad bar and amazing country fried steak. Also the appetizers are huge portions.
-The staff was very courteous. The restaurant manager offered us free desert for no apparent reason. The lady at the front desk called us once we got to the room to verify that things were OK. Southern hospitality was everywhere.
-Pleasant decor. Although it did seem very old it had more of an antique feel rather than a run-down feel.
-Has separate pools, one of the pools was full but the other one we went to had no one in it for the entire hour we were there.

Overall a positive experience and I am glad we chose this place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Biltmore Hotel Oklahoma? Share your experiences!