“Give it a try” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
South Carolina
“Give it a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2005

After a long drive from Memphis, this hotel was just what we needed. The staff was very friendly and the accomodations were nice. Since we were traveling with a dog, we were given a room on the ground floor, right next to the exit, which is perfect when travelling with a pet. The room had everything we needed; including a fully stocked kitchen. After being on the road for several days, washing and drying our clothes for free in the laundry room was a nice bonus. The exercise room is adjacent to the laundry room and the pantry is next door, where you can pick up snacks and drinks and have them billed to the room. The hotel is in a convenient location and there are several restaurants right next to the hotel. This isn't a high class hotel, but much nicer than the previous reviews would lead you to believe. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2004

The looks from the outside of the hotel are deceiving, it looks nice and new. I did not give this a terrible rating because it does have potential, you can check out movies, games and there is a little shop there that has foods etc. When I arrived in the evening I was extremely tired having to catch the first flight out and did not notice things as clearly as I should have. The room looked OK, it was when I was laying in bed trying to sleep when I went to pull the covers up that I felt the hard crusty stuff on the comforter so after turning on the light I determined it was a tomato sauce of some sorts, I thought the sheets smelled funny but I chalked that up to them not using high scented laundry detergents. I went to the front desk in a huff and asked for new everything and when she asked why I told her, her response was "gross." No I'm sorry or anything so I also changed them myself, help was not offered. When I woke that morning I noticed how filthy the carpet was, I am not sure when the last time it has seen a vacuum, I also had the pleasure of seeing the underneath of the bed, YUCK! I could not share my feelings when I left because the front office was closed. They are not open 24/7 as an FYI.

Been to Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City

Address: 4400 River Park Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73108
Location: United States > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #61 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Hotel Class:2 star — Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City 2*
Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection. At the Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City Hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Big and built for comfort, it's the ultimate suite for the business traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using our free high speed Internet. Relax in the over sized recliner while you enjoy music or kick back and watch a movie. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center. Then grab a meal for dinner or a snack at our Candlewood Cupboard at value prices.We are proud to be a pet friendly hotelpet fee based on length of stay, which is conveniently located near the city's major expressways of I-40 and I-44, Downtown Oklahoma City and close to other attractions such as the Celebration Station, White Water, the Cowboy Hall of Fame as well as the world renowned Horse Shows. Within an easy 8-15 mile drive you can get to other sites such as the State Capitol, Frontier City, Bricktown, Crossroads and the Oklahoma City Memorial. Also many companies such as UPS, AFS, Sonic, Tinker AFB and the FAA have their headquarters or main offices in our area. So whatever the reason for your travel is we would love for you to stay with us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City Hotel Oklahoma City
Candlewood Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Candlewood Suites

If you own or manage Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.