“kind of run down,wouldnt go back” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #93 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Portland, Oregon
“kind of run down,wouldnt go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have seen worse ..its just the vibe and the overall vibe of OKC is scuzzy nowadays. I used to like OKC but thats getting to be about 15 years ago. It just sucks now. This ESA is kinda dirty outside and the rooms just seem overused though they have been renovated within the last year. I like the Candlewood better but its 95 a night. Next time I will drive thru to Amarillo.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about the OKC area, vibe, and your experience . Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. We have 3 locations in OKC which will fit most any taste and allow for easy access to entertainment and dining areas of your choice. The outside of this particular building was recently painted and new signs have been installed, and we now offer a grab and go breakfast to mention a few things we are doing to enhance our guest experiences.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rialto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a very comfortable, clean hotel with large rooms, comfortable beds, and very friendly staff who go out of their way to make you feel at home. They always call you by name and are willing to do anything they can to make you feel welcome. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed March 2013
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Make sure not to ever accidently leave anything behind in the room because you will never see it again. I forgot a couple of things, like 2 or 3 pieces of clothing, and after repeatedly going back and asking what happened to them no one had any idea. I am absolutely sure of what I forgot in the room, The clothes were hanging on the back of the bathroom door so I just didn't see them as I was leaving. I am still extremely irritated, I lost one of my favorite dress shirts. Those particular ones are no longer being sold so I can't buy another one.
I mean damn, did somebody really need a shirt that bad? Most hotels bag up anything left behind in the room and hold it in case the guest returns. Not this one.
If you pay with cash make sure to get a receipt or else they might try to say you never paid. This also happened to me. Kathy at the front desk ordered me to pay for Friday as I was checking out on Monday. I knew I had paid. And I kept pointing out to her that if I had not paid on Friday it made no sense that they would have let me stay 2 more nights and renewed my key cards every day. She threatened to call the police and said I couldn't get the rest of my stuff out of the room unless I paid (again).
There was another employee there agreed to let me get the rest of my stuff from the room. I returned to the front desk and asked what was going to happen now. The other woman said I could leave and they were just going to call it a loss. This pisses me off. WTF they mean a loss? If there was any money lost it is cuz it went into somebody's pocket instead of the cash register. I distinctly remember paying Kathy on that Friday, just didn't have time to wait around for a receipt.
Then I noticed the security camera pointing at us. I asked them if that camera worked. They said yes. I asked the other woman if they would still have the video footage from Friday. She said she didn't know. I told her that someone needs to go back through the video so they can see exactly who I handed the money to and when. She said OK and wrote down my name and cell phone number to give to a manager. That was about a month ago. No one from the hotel has ever called me concerning this incident.
And I still want my shirt back.

Room Tip: Choose it somewhere else. (Unless you want to risk being ripped off).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy. As well, we are constantly revamping our procedures to ensure that our guests and their belongings are safe at all times.

Please know, the staff and I would never steal from a guest. We have strict guidelines which outline how to handle leftover items in a room once a guest leaves the property. This includes bringing them to the Front Desk and placing them in a Lost and Found box, which will be held onto for a period of time. I am sorry that your items were not there for you to claim.

As well, I apologize that the staff did not handle your payments to the best of their ability. Unfortunately, when a guest has not paid his/her bill, we must follow company procedure, asking the guest to leave the property. It sounds like this was not communicated to you properly. This will be something I work on with the staff to ensure our message is consistent moving forward.

Again, I apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. We hope you will choose to give us another try, here, or at any of our other brand locations.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice hotel, service and staff was great.
After getting stuck in snow on the way from Phoenix, I phoned and let them know that this was going to be a very late check in. The staff waited up for me untill 2-30am in the morning. When I arrived they were smiling and my room was ready. Hotel was close to all amenities that I required.
Liked this hotel very much and would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: From what I experienced is that the whole hotel was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

After an exhausting 900 mile drive from Phoenix, this hotel was a great place to stop over for the night. The lady at check-in was very professional and friendly. My room was very clean, comfortable and bright, with all new appliances, bedding, carpet & dishes. My room was missing a TV remote, and the nice lady at the front desk did not hesitate in providing me with a brand new one.I only wished that I could have stayed here for a few more days, but will absolutely return here again when passing thru OKC. Lots of great restaurants and shopping in close proximity to this hotel too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012

Philadelphia suburb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I gave stayed here before. This time the room seems to have been refreshed. The kitchenette is clean and very function able. The bathroom is certainly adequate. The bed is comfortable. I asked for additional pillows at the front desk and they were given with a smile. Kathi at the front desk was very friendly. The television channel selection is limited. Overal he room is clean and comfortable. I think it is a good value and it was the least expensive option in Hotwire. However, I think I would have received the same price through their website so in this instance Hotwire did not mean a substantial savings. I am satisfied with this hotel. But, my wife says she would not be comfortable here ISPs she were traveling alone. There are a lot of single men in work trucks and few couples or families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Oklahoma City - Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions.

albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I think I'm feeling the same as other reviewers. We picked this hotel because of location. What a mistake. The hotel is not in the best location. The lobby looks very worn. They don't answer their phone. The room had new carpet but my wife wasn't sure it had been cleaned. Our upstairs neighbor sounded like he was about to come through the floor. Really a bad stay. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Oklahoma City - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Been to Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Airport? Share your experiences!